What's new

Great people to cry with PIA, observes LHC

Ordinance on petroleum levy challenged in SC
Updated at: 1050 PST, Friday, July 10, 2009
ISLAMABAD: The Petroleum Development Levy Ordinance 2009 has been challenged in Supreme Court.

Chaudhry Ikram, the lawyer of PML-N secretary general Iqbal Zafar Jaghra has field a petition challenging the presidential ordinance stated that president have no right to impose tax under constitution article number 77.

A separate petition also filed pleading Supreme Court to issue stay order for the withdrawal of POL price hike to give masses interim relief.

According to Geo News correspondent Abdul Qayyum, the hearing of petition will likely started from Monday.

The president had signed the advice from Prime Minister to raise petroleum prices through president ordinance that restored the POL prices to July 7 position.

I see another tussel being developed between the president office and SC

And i heard that someone was being concerned over Mushi's 'above the law' phenomenon.

Qouted by xeric:
And i heard that someone was being concerned over Mushi's 'above the law' phenomenon.

Really, I couldn't get it.

If you are referring to some of my previous posts on the forum, yes I am concerned over any body's 'above the law' phenomenon. No exception. Not my self.

Its like as you sow, so shall you reap. If Mush did wrong, he will have to face the consequences. And so is with any other person. Zardari, NS, CJ or who ever. Let us care about policies and law not about personalities.

kamal ho gya sir it is true
last day an anchor gave dictation on the looss behaviour of PIA but
your info is creadeble

Back
Top Bottom