What's new

Grandmother of all defense deals- FGFA on their way

Saudi spends massive 8 % of its GDP on its defence ..wonder why??..they don't have any mortal enemies..atleast not the one they are allowed to fight or need to fight.

Idk why you said that. India or any other country would do the same as the Saudis. Their land for most of its history had like no resources. Know they do(very important one too), and they are wisely making money off of it.

More like splurging it on diamond-studded cars and belly dancers.

True they have loads of natural resources, but look at the human resource development,simply pathetic ! They don't do research, don't have industries, nothing !

Take countries like Norway or Canada for example, they have immense natural wealth, but look at how they've developed their human resource.

These weapons are more like 'boys toys' for them, I'm sure they suck at strategy.

More like splurging it on diamond-studded cars and belly dancers.

True they have loads of natural resources, but look at the human resource development,simply pathetic ! They don't do research, don't have industries, nothing !

Take countries like Norway or Canada for example, they have immense natural wealth, but look at how they've developed their human resource.

These weapons are more like 'boys toys' for them, I'm sure they suck at strategy.

Let them figure it out. Lets not be so judgmental. They have problems, just like India has problems.

That's not fair , India should buy only and only made in USA as they get so much from US economy and in return they should do the same. In time of need for more and more jobs in US , India should buy made in US only.

Well Russia is happy with India development on western expense , they are getting billions of $ worth of orders from India.

That's not fair , India should buy only and only made in USA as they get so much from US economy and in return they should do the same. In time of need for more and more jobs in US , India should buy made in US only.

Well Russia is happy with India development on western expense , they are getting billions of $ worth of orders from India.[/QUOT

Pakistan and India should join hands and do the same. Buy only US made weaponry. Deal?

Well Russia is happy with India development on western expense , they are getting billions of $ worth of orders from India.[/QUOT

Pakistan and India should join hands and do the same. Buy only US made weaponry. Deal?

Saudis , UAE and India should do that for US job market , Pakistan tries, after Pakistan US has no buyers for its F-16s , So India should think for F-16I's or F-18's :coffee:

Idk why you said that. India or any other country would do the same as the Saudis.

Mate, no other countries are doing that. Russia, Canada, Norway, Greenland also have huge resources but they aren't selling them and wasting money. I have no problem when USA, Japan, China or UK spends huge money on defence because they earned it by hard work.

Their land for most of its history had like no resources. Know they do(very important one too), and they are wisely making money off of it.

What they are doing is nothing in terms of oil they sell because most of the money went for entertainment building luxury staffs etc etc like buying first A-380.

Let them figure it out. Lets not be so judgmental. They have problems, just like India has problems.

But those money for oil comes from other countries. After selling oil they did no contribution to the world in return. If a portion of those huge amounts would have spent for science and technological development or betterment of poor.

Well Russia is happy with India development on western expense , they are getting billions of $ worth of orders from India.

India is not buying FGFA. Its a joint development. We will invest and getting work share as well as all the 250 fighters will be manufactured in India itself.

USA will not do that.

India is not buying FGFA. Its a joint development. We will invest and getting work share as well as all the 250 fighters will be manufactured in India itself.

USA will not do that.

can u tell me what exactly are we contributing to FGFA coz we joined the PAK-FA programme at a very late stage and I doubt we have any indigeneous capability superior to Russians. the avionics,jammers etc that we use on our modified MIGs/Sukhois are either from Israel or from France ,very little is Indian..

can u tell me what exactly are we contributing to FGFA coz we joined the PAK-FA programme at a very late stage and

Less than 50% of the works are done on PAK FA. The engines, radars are not even integrated.

India's contribution will be 25% of the works. Mainly related to composite material for the airframe, avionics, sensors, data links, electronic warfare systems etc.

I doubt we have any indigeneous capability superior to Russians. the avionics,jammers etc that we use on our modified MIGs/Sukhois are either from Israel or from France ,very little is Indian..

The Israeli/French avionics are few only. The electronic warfare suite like Tarang mk2, Shiv HADF, radar computers, mission computers are from India. But all these systems were developed in 2000s only. DRDO and HAL has done lots of works in the areas of fifth generation fighters. If Russia could do it better than IAF would happily get them directly because we have access to them. I have mentioned above the areas where India might contribute. Just see the IAF specification for AMCA, you will get a look into what India looking for.

About the saudi deal,

1.They are paying 30 billion for 84 silent eagles so the cost works out to be aprox 357 million a plane!

2. What they are getting for such a whoopin amount is a souped up F15; a fighter which will be rendered obsolete even by F35.From your source-
"Quite simply, the F-15 will be no match for the F-35."

Officials said the Saudi F-15s wouldn't be equipped with so-called standoff systems, advanced long-range weapons that can be attached to the fighter for use in offensive operations against land- and sea-based targets.

In nutshell, the saudis are paying through their noses for a platform that will be rendered obsolete in the near future (if not already) that too without any standoff capability (toothless!):azn:

I would not be worried if the saudis make deals worth 200 billion if they follow the same cerebrally challenged pattern while making defence deals.:flame:

About the saudi deal,

1.They are paying 30 billion for 84 silent eagles so the cost works out to be aprox 357 million a plane!

2. What they are getting for such a whoopin amount is a souped up F15; a fighter which will be rendered obsolete even by F35.From your source-

In nutshell, the saudis are paying through their noses for a platform that will be rendered obsolete in the near future (if not already) that too without any standoff capability (toothless!):azn:

I would not be worried if the saudis make deals worth 200 billion if they follow the same cerebrally challenged pattern while making defence deals.:flame:

then why some people are so gangoo about F-18 in MMRCA ??

do you think IAF going to get anything more then what saudis get in F-15 deal..?

then why some people are so gangoo about F-18 in MMRCA ??

do you think IAF going to get anything more then what saudis get in F-15 deal..?

You should better ask that question to those people who are gung ho about F18, I do not belong to that crowd!

And no, I do not think that IAF will be getting any more goodies than the saudis except maybe standoff capability. However, comparing MRCA deal with this saudi deal will be foolish as following differences exist....

1. 11 billion for 126 fighters vis a vis 30 billion for 84 fighters.

2. Mid level role vis a vis top level role.

3. Significant ToT ( at least offset) vis a vis complete export.

Just because it has the word "Grand" in it, doesn't emphasize it better than "Mother of all deals". Grandma's doesn't say anyhing massive.

Back
Top Bottom