What's new

Government hikes FDI in defence to 49%, 100% for telecom

Can you provide that link? Private players are not mature enough to work on this kind of project. They can only buy of the shelf products and sell it to our armed forces. Can you answer me who is going to give such sensitive technologies to Indian private players who have no accountability to govt?
My dear friend 2013 is the world where money play a big role. Any one will sell anything for money right ? So i dont agree with ur argument on private players. After all france wanted a new Private player other than HAL for its Rafale Production. If dont use this clause of 49% FDI then we are more to loss . And i will post the link now. Its official statement .2032 is bizare MAN ! Seriously. We need to move on from HAL.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/263605-amca-developed-12-15-years.html

Good move- the low FDI cap had kept many big international defence players away from India so Indian forces had to buy 100% foreign systems.This move will attract the "big boys" and will herald some great things in the future :)

You forgot to mention WHY they are raising FDI...

PM backs opening up FDI to boost rupee - The Times of India

This is also mentioned in the article in the OP, but it was cut out of the OP's quote.

Obviously this is part of it- maybe the timing of this move was accelerated but this FDI cap was always going to be raised at some point. There are much easier ways of boosting the ruppee- I don't think this should factor in too much to anyone's thinking.

FDI in defence could be create situation of U.K. to India which does not have a single fighter jet program today.

My dear friend 2013 is the world where money play a big role. Any one will sell anything for money right ? So i dont agree with ur argument on private players. After all france wanted a new Private player other than HAL for its Rafale Production. If dont use this clause of 49% FDI then we are more to loss . And i will post the link now. Its official statement .2032 is bizare MAN ! Seriously. We need to move on from HAL.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/263605-amca-developed-12-15-years.html

OMG this link? I will say you are fooling yourself. I want to know who is that "ANYONE". France just do not want to hold accountability for what HAL will make in its facility. You are new to this forum so you should look into the MMRCA thread for better knowledge. No one will give their top notch item for money. Only few countries are making 5th gen planes and those are americans, russian and chinese. America will never provide it. China na na. Russia- we are getting all those technologies in FGFA. So what do you think?

FDI in defence could be create situation of U.K. to India which does not have a single fighter jet program today.

That's one way to look at it but actually this is not the analogy I'd draw upon. The UK's spectacular industrial decline was something very unique and not something I see happening to India for a multitude of reasons-at least not anytime soon.

You forgot to mention WHY they are opening up FDI...

This is also mentioned in the article in the OP, but it was cut out of the OP's quote.

Not a very good reason to open up FDI, especially in such sensitive sectors like communications.

The reason why elections should be held every year or two, the congressis are out to improve their report card by next year before the elections, because they are practically s@rewed by way of worse management of the economy and all those scams.

Btw, what is China's FDI cap for all those industries?

You forgot to mention WHY they are opening up FDI...

Not a very good reason to open up FDI, especially in such sensitive sectors like communications.

Since I'm the OP, I'll explain myself. I posted it a few hours ago, and at that time, the NDTV article was not that long. I copied and pasted the entire article as it was available at that time. They expanded the article later. I don't know how to prove this, maybe you could use the "internet archive" machine to verify. Anyway, it is common for news portals to update their articles as new information comes along.

Also, despite what the article now says, that is not the only reason, nor is it (IMO) the primary reason for increasing FDI. Many interested people had been lobbying for this move for some time, even before the rupee began its alarming slide. The real reason is that it will help shift some defence manufacturing to India, which helps India in a lot of ways (as I listed before.)

It may help alleviate the pressure on the rupee in the short term, but that is only a bonus, not the objective.

It means that foreign companies will be allowed to invest in India. Very good move, since Indian companies don't have the necessary know-how or experience, and they will be able to tie up with foreign firms. And more defence manufacturing done in India, rather than direct imports.

That means more jobs in defence sector:yahoo::yay:

That's one way to look at it but actually this is not the analogy I'd draw upon. The UK's spectacular industrial decline was something very unique and not something I see happening to India for a multitude of reasons-at least not anytime soon.

But in India there are fashion for 100% FDI but I think 26% is good & allow 49% in rare case such in critical technology project. My opinion is that government should disinvest their majority stake in all PSUs & sell in public market & implied strict corporate rule.HAL is more than 75 year old company who can give competition to other companies like saab but main problem is their bureaucratic administration. If government seriously want to flourish defence industry then disinvest their share from DPSUs which are mature to absorb critical technologies & have dedicated R&D. Other private players except L&T does not know alphabet of defence so they take very long time to know how forget about absorb technology.

OMG this link? I will say you are fooling yourself. I want to know who is that "ANYONE". France just do not want to hold accountability for what HAL will make in its facility. You are new to this forum so you should look into the MMRCA thread for better knowledge. No one will give their top notch item for money. Only few countries are making 5th gen planes and those are americans, russian and chinese. America will never provide it. China na na. Russia- we are getting all those technologies in FGFA. So what do you think?
No No i want to know what am fooling myself ? Its official sorce. Please clarify on it first. U making a drunk dude to think too much which is Horrible and InHuman;)

No No i want to know what am fooling myself ? Its official sorce. Please clarify on it first. U making a drunk dude to think too much which is Horrible and InHuman;)

What is official? Mouth blubbering in front of media and shouting we will do this we will do that ? As I said earlier till date no formal decision taken on AMCA project. No funds were released till date. You don't know what are the specifications(from IAF pov) etc. How can you say 2032 is the date of induction of a bird which still does not see her day light? As I said you are new to this forum and look for previous developments. Read them, i am sure you will get better idea of it how things actually works.

@Nuclear Pak @nuclearpak plzdo me one favour. Let me to prvt mess my beloved once :pakistan:

To be able to send PMs your post count must be 100000 or greater.

You currently have 186 posts and you can send PMs to following users only:
blain2, Zakii, TaimiKhan, Elmo, Oscar, WebMaster, Awesome, Rafael, ANTIBODY, Aeronaut, Adios Amigo, T-Faz, Jungibaaz, nuclearpak, WDN, Loki, Hu Songshan, Deno, Serpentine, Neptune

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/private.php?do=insertpm&pmid=#ixzz2ZElEAFNo
@nuclearpak plz do me one favour. Let me to prvt mess my beloved once :pakistan:

blain2, Zakii, TaimiKhan, Elmo, Oscar, WebMaster, Awesome, Rafael, ANTIBODY, Aeronaut, Adios Amigo, T-Faz, Jungibaaz, nuclearpak, WDN, Loki, Hu Songshan, Deno, Serpentine, Neptune

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/private.php?do=insertpm&pmid=#ixzz2ZElEAFNo

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nuclear Pak @nuclearpak plzdo me one favour. Let me to prvt mess my beloved once :pakistan:

@nuclearpak plz do me one favour. Let me to prvt mess my beloved once :pakistan:

Start a thread in members section and ask all of them whom you want to talk to or there is a thread nasraville you can converse with them there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom