What's new

Golden Brown's 'Bigot' Blunder

Deviant

New Recruit

Reaction score
SHAMED Gordon Brown's election hopes seemed to be toast last night after he was heard calling a caring gran a "bigot".

The PM smeared LABOUR supporter Gillian Duffy, 66, without realising his slur was being picked up on a TV microphone on his lapel.

She tackled him about immigration after popping out for a loaf of brown bread in Rochdale, Lancs.
Last night Gillian's friends and family said Mr Brown could not have been more wrong.

Retired dinner lady Irene White, a neighbour who has known lifelong Labour supporter Gillian for years, said: "He made a mistake criticising her.

"She's a nice person and has worked hard all her life. She's not a bigot." Irene, 66, added: "If you can't speak your mind to the Prime Minister, what can you do?"

She spoke just hours after Mr Brown met Gillian on a walkabout.

His attack on the pensioner moments later was heard around the world because he didn't realise he was still "wired up" with a TV microphone.

Gillian was approached soon after to be told the PM had said something about her. At first she smiled - but was then near tears when told he had branded her a bigot.

Clearly shaken she gasped: "You're joking. Where was I bigoted?" Family friend Nick Woodruff, 37, called Gillian a "lovely woman". And her nephew Andrew Duffy said: "She tells the truth."

Full article: Gordon Brown brands gran a bigot | The Sun |News|Election 2010

I can't stop laughing myself-off this incident...
Reported later when he was apologizing on a Radio station.. he didn't knew that he was being filmed on camera too was resting his head on his hand in an symbol of frustration..

what a goof situation !

Last edited:
That was so embarrasing. I think the labour was on its way out anyway, and this gaffe by brown will make the process even faster. the lib dems are on the rise which nobody expected it, there might be a hung parliament and coalition gov. but tonight's priministarial debate(the last one) will probably tell us more what is gona happen next. it is mostly focused on economy. currently the opinion polls put labour around 29%, lib dems around 30% and conservatives around 33%.

@Black Blood yea that was mistake (tried renaming it. but no-success)

@Ahmad yep.. very much hope someone asks him about the this incident... I mean how much more blunder a person can do ? that too Twice !!
Labor were goin to go.. but now.. it's done situation

@Black Blood yea that was mistake (tried renaming it. but no-success)

@Ahmad yep.. very much hope someone asks him about the this incident... I mean how much more blunder a person can do ? that too Twice !!
Labor were goin to go.. but now.. it's done situation

he went back to the woman straightaway to appologize to her and he said he misunderstood her words, but there was nothing in her words to be misunderstood, apparantly the woman enjoyed that coversation with brown quite alot since she has been life long labour supporter/voter, but later on she was shocked to see what he said behind her back. my guess is that labour will face a crashing defeat, even there is a risk to come third in the poll(as the opinion poll indicate that), they will replace brown with another leader, probably Alan Johnson or one of the milaband brothers. they will probably be out of power for a decade or so. it will be highly difficult for them to recover that easily.

Don't u think they will make alliance with someone of the two?
It's highly unlikly.. but nothing's imposssbile
It was funny seeing him apologize on Radio when he was being filmed at ..

Don't u think they will make alliance with someone of the two?
It's highly unlikly.. but nothing's imposssbile
It was funny seeing him apologize on Radio when he was being filmed at ..

thats what they have to do if no party wins an outright majority. but lib dems are keen on labour only if they replace brown as the leader of the party.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom