What's new

Going to India

We did respect the customs, my wife made sure she covered up, and so do a lot of the female tourist we have seem, but it does not make a difference. Even Indian women face these issues every day.

My remark was not pointed toward u but in general, we know u did all what u could....:agree:

I said that bcoz there is a lot of change in attitude from Indians if certain things r not taken care of, again this remark ain't directed towards u n ur family but in general...

Besides like i said earlier such activities differs from city to city n normal women are not being harassed every here n there but still a change in attitude is must...:)

I don't find it to be particularly sexist for a country in Asia. To be honest, it is one of the more emancipated nations of the region.

This recent gang rape in new Delhi just proves my point how unsafe and intolerant India is towards women, its a national disgrace that women are treated this way in a country that claims to be democratic and tolerant.

A lot of Indian posters did not believe me when I said this happened to my wife and even my young daughters, it was sort of brushed under the carpet. But I hope this sad case and believe me there are many more that go unreported in India because even the police there don't care, about women and instead accuse thevictim of rapes and sexual harassment, please India stop ignoring this serious issue and take action now before its too late.

@Shatter - what this incident has to do with democracy? u seem to be mixing up the things!!

Yes you are right it hasnothing to do with democracy but equal rights and the rights of women, so all that falls under the democratic system.

Even now there was a gang rape of a 5 year old girl in India, as a recent UN report has said India is one of the worst places to be a woman or be born a woman.

Considering how many girls are killed before they are born it is quite shocking. Indians and India needed to really stop burying their heads in the sand.

Yes you are right it hasnothing to do with democracy but equal rights and the rights of women, so all that falls under the democratic system.

Even now there was a gang rape of a 5 year old girl in India, as a recent UN report has said India is one of the worst places to be a woman or be born a woman.

Considering how many girls are killed before they are born it is quite shocking. Indians and India needed to really stop burying their heads in the sand.

I do not know if you get English news channels there(indian) if so , the only news focus was on the recent rape and people demanding accountably from the cops. one thing you need to understand is that we are our own biggest critics. we do accept that the treatment of women has deteriorated over the past decade or so . but i believe its we , who should look at ourself and realize that these rapes are not being committed by outsiders but by our own youths.
we need to change the mindset of the young men today towards respecting women. its a job unfortunately parents today are failing at. no amount of strict laws will deter these hooligans as long at they have bad intentions. its those intentions we need to change.

This recent gang rape in new Delhi just proves my point how unsafe and intolerant India is towards women, its a national disgrace that women are treated this way in a country that claims to be democratic and tolerant.

Yes SP, this incident without any doubt is disgrace of highest rank. There are no words to express anger, shame and frustration. I, as like many other my fellow countrymen and posters over here, am hope that problems are eradicated at the earliest for betterment of society. Such heinous acts wherever they occur (regardless of India, Pakistan or any other place) must be looked beyond the country borders as they are blot on humanity.

In west gang rapes not at all happened? A French diplomat raped his 4 year old kid in India(Bangalore) few months ago so wats your point. You people are ultra pure?? . See after 18yrs you can't able control your own daughters and they do whatever they like but such things not possible in our society, our system is different from yours. nobody kill their child with keen interests there are many factors like financial burden, dowry , ritual things etc. forced them to do that. Our govt. taking steps to resolve that issues but still such things happening in some places.

But the problem is would India and Indians be so outraged if the woman was a dalit? I doubt it highly, dalit women get raped, sexually abused on a regular basis in India but no one reports it or makes such a big noise.

Unfortunately India needs to change its attitude towards women and quickly, like I said we experienced this on our trip to India and it happened to us in every place we visited.

Back
Top Bottom