What's new

Germany urges Japan to deal ‘honestly’ with WWII past

Fattyacids

Reaction score
Germany urges Japan to deal honestly with WWII past - Yahoo!7

Berlin (AFP) - Germany said Monday it tried to deal "honestly" with its World War II past and urged Japan to do the same after Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's visit to a controversial war shrine.

"I do not wish to comment on questions related to Japanese domestic politics," Chancellor Angela Merkel's spokesman Steffen Seibert told reporters when asked about the surprise Yasukuni shrine visit which enraged China and South Korea.

"But in general all nations must honestly live up to their role in the horrible events of the 20th century. Only on the basis of this honest accounting is it possible to build a future with former foes. This is a conviction Germany takes to heart and which in my opinion applies to all states."

Abe sparked anger in China and South Korea last week by visiting the Tokyo shrine, which honours Japan's war dead, including several high-level officials executed for war crimes after World War II, and serves as a reminder of Japan's wartime aggression.

The visit came at a time when Japan's ties with China have turned particularly sour over a territorial dispute regarding islands in the East China Sea.

Foreign ministry spokesman Martin Schaefer added that Berlin was following the "tensions in the East China Sea with some concern and very closely".

"In our view it would be helpful if all sides strived for restraint and moderation and jointly sought a diplomatic solution for running conflicts and, in particular, avoided unilateral steps that could heighten the tensions in the region."

Germany takes pride in what it sees as its own earnest effort to atone for its militaristic past and the murder of six million European Jews in the Holocaust, although critics say it still has more to do.

Germany aimed to be outstanding among all western countries and Japan just to liberate East Asia from westerners at that time,so please no comparation between them.

Abe looks like a mad dog , running around the word.

Japs are NOT Germans,the latter are way way and I mean way way above the former in every respect。

Germany aimed to be outstanding among all western countries and Japan just to liberate East Asia from westerners at that time,so please no comparation between them.

Are you nuts? Liberating East Asia from westerners?

Would you like me to liberate you from your wife by killing you?

Joke aside, what the heck did "westerners" have anything to do with China during Japanese invasion?

Your offensive comments deserve a ban. I am not sure you are even Chinese for saying that. Hopefully you just didn't know what you were talking about when you said "liberate."

I just cannot help wondering whether some of the Chinese members here are actually Chinese. They love to incite others by trolling.

That's a very bad comparison if not a sarcasm.

That's a very bad comparison if not a sarcasm.

Was that comment serious?

I think German acknowledgment of their past crimes has been good, exemplary even.

Japan, not so much, and there are historical reasons for this I believe, as some of the people in Imperial Japan who had power returned to power.

Was that comment serious?

I think German acknowledgment of their past crimes has been good, exemplary even.

Japan, not so much, and there are historical reasons for this I believe, as some of the people in Imperial Japan who had power returned to power.

If we talk about the war crimes, both the countries had equal share in it. I do not understand which way Germany wanted to outstand other European countries and I should speak less about Japan,liberating South Asian countries. The Japanese were racist,more than the KKK clans.

If we talk about the war crimes, both the countries had equal share in it. I do not understand which way Germany wanted to outstand other European countries and I should speak less about Japan,liberating South Asian countries. The Japanese were racist,more than the KKK clans.

Have you read about the Baader-Meinhof gang? They were born of a generation to parents riddled with the Nazi guilt, s you had a generation filled with leftist extremists, who wanted to purge themselves of the Nazi pat by swinging to far to the left.

haha liberating east asia through the bloodiest inhuman massacres war crimes and chemical warfare experiments?
are you insane?

ps you are not Chinese arent you? I think you are japanese working in TJ!

Are you nuts? Liberating East Asia from westerners?

Would you like me to liberate you from your wife by killing you?

Joke aside, what the heck did "westerners" have anything to do with China during Japanese invasion?

Your offensive comments deserve a ban. I am not sure you are even Chinese for saying that. Hopefully you just didn't know what you were talking about when you said "liberate."

I just cannot help wondering whether some of the Chinese members here are actually Chinese. They love to incite others by trolling.
Hatred not a necessary thing between Japan and China and Japan no need to do pretentious things like Germany did for japan is the first country to aid us with large sum of money when we were in that difficult situation in the 1960s.

haha liberating east asia through the bloodiest inhuman massacres war crimes and chemical warfare experiments?
are you insane?

ps you are not Chinese arent you? I think you are japanese working in TJ!
Chinese only focus on massacres which whatever are not necessary to notice for those things made up by the westerners for fun.

I really like watching people fight each other by the way.

Last edited:
Hatred not a necessary thing between Japan and China and Japan no need to do pretentious things like Germany did for japan is the first country to aid us with large sum of money when we were in that difficult situation in the 1960s.

Chinese only focus on massacres which whatever are not necessary to notice for those things made up by the westerners for fun.

I really like watching people fight each other by the way.
How about china launch a war of killing 30000000 japs to liberate the others from the rule of yankees?Do you like that,you utter jerk?China wasn't even under western rule before WWII like japan were ruled by yankees today

Last edited:
30000000 too large number which are really not necessary,you know what I mean,Nanking massacres in your mind all the times.

numbers of dead people can be fabricate by some count of photos.

30000000 too large number which are really not necessary,you know what I mean,Nanking massacres in your mind all the times.

numbers of dead people can be fabricate by some count of photos.
I always think you are a china hater and a stupid jerk.Your words are just so childish.

Back
Top Bottom