What's new

Geo Tv Pakistan...

One question for all the the GEO supporters, the vulgarity GEO is showing, would you like to watch this with your family..ofcourse not.
Depends upon people's family's, some would, some won't. Choice is yours flip the channels.

And I'm not supporting Geo, just trying to knock some sense because this is typical Pakistani paranoia, nothing else.

When I asked the same question with one of the producers in GEO, I was shocked to hear that, as per him we only show what my family can watch, I told him only one thing...well sir if this is what your own family wants to watch then we are not that valgur as your own family might be.
Flip the channel.

Personally, I got no issues with its content either and you may think these families are vulgar, and thinking so is your choice.

All these valgur dance shows, glamerous soaps, diperasing news they are all part of a big conspiracy infact a slow poison for the new generation. Think about it.
Don't watch them. I just watch the 'depressing news'. I'd much rather watch that, than hear a guy coming on TV which keeps on saying "Pakistan main sab theek hai, chain ki neend so jao".

Thats now a totally different accusation compared to what the youtube is alleging. Take one issue at a time and not go in for a free for all against Geo.

I didin't even watch the clip because I don't need to watch that clip.

GEO's equipment , training etc are very expensive now look at the revnue generated by GEO and you will realize that their revenue doesn't meet their expenses.

In Karachi's DHA there are empty plots which are used for controlling the price of land in DHA. In Karachi Stock Exchange, there is heavy investments by the Jang Group owners and that investment also controls the reaction of KSE to any govt. issue/ annoucement.

How much money do you think Jang Group owes to the GoP in unpaid tax? A couple billion plus!

A person or an org commits treason when their actions are against the people of the state and the state itself. I stand by my comments.

Many of us are constructing high rise sky scrapers (allegations against GEO)..that I don't know..

but the bottom line is... media is a blackmailer and GEO is one of them...

Media in Pakistan has many pros and cons but at least they have sparked a light in people....

SSGPA is right that their expenses do not meet their revenue which is suspicious but blaming it an American coke to me is too much!

Else anyone can be right.

Last edited:
I don't agree with everything been said here about Geo t.v ...but surely there is something behind the wall which is hidden..Going to villege farid court n saying kasab was from there n then when other pakistani media went there they said it's all made up by geo...sometimes not only they go out of line with their attitude........ but their reporting is also limited..... Bashing the hack out of all political parties included musharraf but never dare to say anything about MQM which is probably a concern within it's own..

Last edited:
If you don't like Geo, then don't watch it. Let the general public viewrship decide their fate, not few religious fanatics. If they are reporting false or defamatory information they can be sued in a democratic society. If Pakistan professes to be a democratic country then then Geo has the right to exist. But what is worse is political killings & targetted attacks as done by Musharraf, ISI and others(MQM,PPP,JI,Taliban)

If you don't like Geo, then don't watch it. Let the general public viewrship decide their fate, not few religious fanatics. If they are reporting false or defamatory information they can be sued in a democratic society. If Pakistan professes to be a democratic country then then Geo has the right to exist. But what is worse is political killings & targetted attacks as done by Musharraf, ISI and others(MQM,PPP,JI,Taliban)

You forgot to mention Nawaz Sharif, the closet Taliban, in the list of killers :disagree:

GEO, YA JENEY DO. KA NARA ACHA HAI,

AB BUS KARO "GEO" ALLAH KA WASTEY IS MULK MAI JEENEAY DO.AB BUS JEENEY DO..

ALYA NAI PAKISTAN KHUD NAHEE CHORA HOGA. KUCH TO AUR RAZ KEE BAT HAI.
YA KISI PAKISTANI NAI THOK DIA. JAB HEE ALYA NAI CHOR DIA.

i dunno why these news channels show cloths never worn by a pakistani women, what they want to achieve by show bollywood culture in pakistan, the sole purpose is to change pakistani society, there should be some rules regarrding whats should be shown and what should be prevented.

one day my gandma who frequently watches TV complained about this and said that pakistani channels are hard to recognize as they appear as if these are indian channels. they show such vulgarity only common in indian media. indian dramas are such that family cant watch a complete drama without changing the channel during a vulgar scenes. such a shame.

esp geo, they show india bollywood awards, india this india that, wtf, are you a pakistani or indian channel.

government takes action only when these channels talk negative of them, bt what about other things that harms the country but rest is not the duty of the government.

Some of you are just getting paranoid. I agree that geo does not do anything to help solve any problem but you shouldnt be getting all paranoid that India and Israel control them. They only show what they know people will watch. They show what people will be interested in and come back and watch it.

I dont see why you would criticize any Bollywood Awards program because it is certainly something a lot of us would be interested in.

But if anything, they shouldn't show indian dramas unless india shows pakistani dramas on their TV too.

GEO should be banned . I watched it for 1 year but never found a positive News about pakistan.

haven't there been a lot of negative issues to be reported coming from Pakistan?
modern NEWS is negative...I remember Hamid Mir's visit to Bajaur...and his reporting being condemned as anti-national...when he tried to highlight the lawlessness of NWFP...I really cany know as much as you guys...but it seems genuine from this far...maybe you need to give instability and paranoia some time to marinate stability....

haven't there been a lot of negative issues to be reported coming from Pakistan?
modern NEWS is negative...I remember Hamid Mir's visit to Bajaur...and his reporting being condemned as anti-national...when he tried to highlight the lawlessness of NWFP...I really cany know as much as you guys...but it seems genuine from this far...maybe you need to give instability and paranoia some time to marinate stability....

That plus the fact that Media freedom is still virgin territory for most Pakistanis.

In our typical mindset, we are heavily opinionated with self made pre conceptions about almost everything, and this provides a sort of psychological re assurance, a calming for the nerves, and the sense that we are right.

The media however, provides a challenge to every single one of those notions, and to counter or find resolution to that challenge is something still new for us, thus it is perceived as the enemy, when in many cases, it really isnt, it is just there to "report the truth".

:what:

the moment govt starts interfering in media....gone is the right of freedom to speech and even other fundamental rights are also endangered ....once govt. starts doing this ,there is no one stopping them...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom