What's new

General Singh's War On India

The country.

Also TATRA is expensive bu not sub standard. If it was why it is in the service of armies around the world including KSA & Israel.

The allegation was that many of the spare parts that came with it were defective, they did not have a maintainance facility in India (due to which czech technicians had to be brought each time), and SOME OF THE BATCHES sold to india through BEML were sub-standard. Not that the platform is substandard as such.

Also, there is no excuse for BEML buying it from europe for 40 lakhs and selling it to the army for twice or thrice that amount.

Even BJP is not whiter than white when it comes to defence deals. This is coming from me.. a staunch BJP supporter. We all know about the kargil coffin scam or the tehelka sting op. All politicians sing from same hymn sheet when it comes to safeguarding their personal interest irrespective of what party they belong. We all know how long it took for the parliament to pass office of profit bill & make it into a law to safeguard personal interest of politicians from different parties.

I was replying to ignorant posters here who think that this article is pro govt. Some people think that VK Singh is can not be corrupt just because he is a military man or because he is on a collision course with the govt. These army heads have egos bigger than their tanks and they don't think of even the nation when that ego is hurt.

Most posters here dont know that India Today is not pro congress

The allegation was that many of the spare parts that came with it were defective, they did not have a maintainance facility in India (due to which czech technicians had to be brought each time), and SOME OF THE BATCHES sold to india through BEML were sub-standard. Not that the platform is substandard as such.

Also, there is no excuse for BEML buying it from europe for 40 lakhs and selling it to the army for twice or thrice that amount.

May be you got me wrong. I am not justifying the expensive TATRA deal but to call TATRA trucks as a whole sub standard is not right.

I was replying to ignorant posters here who think that this article is pro govt. Some people think that VK Singh is can not be corrupt just because he is a military man or because he is on a collision course with the govt. These army heads have egos bigger than their tanks and they don't think of even the nation when that ego is hurt.

Whatever it is , its the shock treatment thats long overdue. Better be embarrassed during peacetime than in wartime.

May be you got me wrong. I am not justifying the expensive TATRA deal but to call TATRA trucks as a whole sub standard is not right.

I know, thats my point too. The platform is not substandard as such, just that substandard parts and spares were often budled with it.

Most posters here dont know that India Today is not pro congress
Kindly explain the bolded part sir what proof you have that VK singh is corrupt.
a soldier is drilled to give life for his country, Gen VK Singh has done what was the best interest of Armed Forces. You are throwing mud at a man who has served country with honour.

There is not a single proper weapon system inducted in the army since past 3 decades.
Our artillery is not modernized out air defense is obsolete.
What do you want that another 1962 or kargil war happens but for you sir probably the life our Jawan is cheap.

Kindly explain the bolded part sir what proof you have that VK singh is corrupt.
a soldier is drilled to give life for his country, Gen VK Singh has done what was the best interest of Armed Forces. You are throwing mud at a man who has served country with honour.

There is not a single proper weapon system inducted in the army since past 3 decades.
Our artillery is not modernized out air defense is obsolete.
What do you want that another 1962 or kargil war happens but for you sir probably the life our Jawan is cheap.

Well for starters, how about this article ??? I am not saying that he is corrupt as the politicians. He is guilty of leaking that letter, when he knows that the national interest is at stake.He is not a man of integrity.

To be fair, he has well and truly overstepped his mark, the Indian armed forces are apolitical, that's just how it is, however his actions in the last few months have well and truly exceeded this remit. He can say all he likes after he has completed his tour and once he no longer represents the IA, for now he needs to STFU.

sir, I think the chief on Indian Army has more foresight in planning and tactics than us on this forum. I believe his actions will benefit IA in long term and the puny modernization schemes undertaken by armed forces might see some reforms that are heavily needed.

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/analysis-of-army-chiefs-statement-has-truce-been-called-with-govt/227861?hp[/video]

In a way it was good that the letter was brought out to the public's notice. Maybe now, the ever pending defence deals will be speeded up. This might actually turn out to be in the nation's interest. The general public sees a couple of billion dollar deals in 5 years and thinks our defence is fully armed. Little do they know of the deal worth billions that are tangled in a web of short-sightedness, corruption and lethargy of the bureaucrats.

Well for starters, how about this article ??? I am not saying that he is corrupt as the politicians. He is guilty of leaking that letter, when he knows that the national interest is at stake
It hasn't been proven that he leaked the letter it can also be from MOD. General singh has himself considered this as grave issue and asked for IB probe.

Now coming to national interest do you think sir that our opponents do not know about the state of military preparedness. This is an open secret that that many of our weapon system have become obsolete, it is only now that the general public is coming to know about it.

It hasn't been proven that he leaked the letter it can also be from MOD. General singh has himself considered this as grave issue and asked for IB probe.

Now coming to national interest do you think sir that our opponents do not know about the state of military preparedness. This is an open secret that that many of our weapon system have become obsolete, it is only now that the general public is coming to know about it.

Yes. Leak the letter on our defense preparedness just when chinese PM comes visiting and make India , laughing stock. That's what generals are for !!

Army Chief General VK Singh's letter leak an anti-national act: Antony

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/all-three-defence-chiefs-enjoy-govts-confidence-antony/243847-3.html

Yes. Leak the letter on our defense preparedness just when chinese PM comes visiting and make India , laughing stock. That's what generals are for !!

Army Chief General VK Singh's letter leak an anti-national act: Antony

Army Chief General VK Singh's letter leak an anti-national act: Antony - India News - IBNLive
Again i am asking you the proof was VK Singh who leaked the letter.
Yes he did write the letter to the PM as it is his responsibility to inform the PM of state of army

Who else can leak a letter which is written by him ? Of course he blames the media for it

Army Chief blames rogue elements over leaked letter

News Wrap: Army Chief blames rogue elements over leaked letter | Firstpost
Well there is something called ministry of defense also there set protocols to be followed you cant just post a letter to the PM.
and if it was so straight forward then govt would have had his head as soon as the controversy became public.

India Today is actually pro BJP. And I trust this article than VK Singh

I trust the General n times more than ANYONE in the corrupt government.

Government comprises of both OPPOSITION and RULING PARTY.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom