What's new

General question about Pakistani politicians (and Indians, too)

There are like 100s of incidents where Imran got corrected or he arrogantly stood by his words, only to be proven right later !!

just recently the whole PTI got divided over whether to join Qadri's sit in in Islamabad or not, Imran stood by his stance to not join...and hollah it was a right decision and all the supporters who became critics on imran/CEC's decision admitted to stand corrected !!
We're not talking about stubbornness. We're talking about the opposite, when a politician learns better and has to explain to his constituents and core supporters the reason for his change.

We're not talking about stubbornness. We're talking about the opposite, when a politician learns better and has to explain to his constituents and core supporters the reason for his change.

well yes Imran did support General Musharraf in his referendum 2001. and later apologized publicly for this mistake..

Can anyone point to a speech or article where a national Indian or Pakistani politician corrected the mistaken beliefs of his core supporters?

Solomon2! You might be talking about politicians who do the politics for the country. In Pakistan, politicians do politics only for their family, to loot and plunder the country or to hide their previous loot.

We have a group of looters and killers ruling the country. So their perspective on ruling the country is totally different and alien to the norm of politics practiced in other countries.

Solomon2! You might be talking about politicians who do the politics for the country. In Pakistan, politicians do politics only for their family, to loot and plunder the country or to hide their previous loot.

We have a group of looters and killers ruling the country. So their perspective on ruling the country is totally different and alien to the norm of politics practiced in other countries.
Does Pakistan need an Imran Khan or does Pakistan need fifty Imran Khans before Pakistan can develop "normal" democratic politics? And who here is willing to step forward into the limelight?

Does Pakistan need an Imran Khan or does Pakistan need fifty Imran Khans before Pakistan can develop "normal" democratic politics? And who here is willing to step forward into the limelight?

Pakistan definitely needs a forthright, capable and honest person like Imran Khan to put the country on the right path.

Pakistan definitely needs a forthright, capable and honest person like Imran Khan to put the country on the right path.
Real democrats don't put their faith in princes, airmarshal. We put our faith in democratic political competition within a set of rules - what you might refer to as "fair play" in cricket. The U.S. Declaration of Independence wasn't signed by George Washington but by 60+ people of different political stripes, all of whom were properly charged with treason by the Crown and became fugitives hunted by the British Army: link.

Can anyone point to a speech or article where a national Indian or Pakistani politician corrected the mistaken beliefs of his core supporters?

Lalu Prasad Yadav.. corrected the mistaken beliefs of the people that he can't speak English!! & here is the proof...

Last edited by a moderator:
reminding of lalu, there is another lalu with a funny speech in sindh speech :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Real democrats don't put their faith in princes, airmarshal. We put our faith in democratic political competition within a set of rules - what you might refer to as "fair play" in cricket. The U.S. Declaration of Independence wasn't signed by George Washington but by 60+ people of different political stripes, all of whom were properly charged with treason by the Crown and became fugitives hunted by the British Army: link.

I know what you are saying but I m talking about the mess Pakistan politics is in and the mess Pakistan is in consequently. Most of the leaders are the offsprings of corrupt system of a few powerful people. It cant be even called democracy! People who hav swindled or embezzled millions of rupees and dollars and everyone and their mothers know they are downright corrupt are given top government slots. Those who ran away from the country stealing money and stashing it abroad where their families and businesses are, are sitting in govt. raking a few more millions.

This is not democracy. Its a heist in the name of it. So in this context we need an honest leader.

I know what you are saying but I m talking about the mess Pakistan politics is in and the mess Pakistan is in consequently. Most of the leaders are the offsprings of corrupt system of a few powerful people. It cant be even called democracy! People who hav swindled or embezzled millions of rupees and dollars and everyone and their mothers know they are downright corrupt are given top government slots. Those who ran away from the country stealing money and stashing it abroad where their families and businesses are, are sitting in govt. raking a few more millions.

This is not democracy. Its a heist in the name of it. So in this context we need an honest leader.
One "honest leader" is rarely enough. Even if many leaders are "honest" government can fail if such people refuse to acknowledge that men of goodwill can reach different conclusions and advocate different policies even when acting upon the same information.

Nor can you rely on a leader who trumpets his own honesty. Nineteenth-century U.S. President Andrew Jackson is a good example: he ran a scurrilous campaign accusing the incumbent of malfeasance but his Administration proved to be one of the most corrupt in U.S. history with top Jackson supporters appointed to government office only to behave exactly as you describe Pakistani officials behaving today (luckily government was a much smaller part of American life in those days). The "honest" citizenry who had been bamboozled had no alternative, having put all their faith in a general who, even if he was inclined to be honest, nevertheless had to make all sorts of compromises to build an Administration since he had no life-long network of acquaintances in civilian government to fill such posts.

(Perhaps Andrew Jackson should be studied by Pakistanis; he strikes me as the closest American parallel to leaders like Zia and Musharraf.)

One "honest leader" is rarely enough. Even if many leaders are "honest" government can fail if such people refuse to acknowledge that men of goodwill can reach different conclusions and advocate different policies even when acting upon the same information.

Nor can you rely on a leader who trumpets his own honesty. Nineteenth-century U.S. President Andrew Jackson is a good example: he ran a scurrilous campaign accusing the incumbent of malfeasance but his Administration proved to be one of the most corrupt in U.S. history with top Jackson supporters appointed to government office only to behave exactly as you describe Pakistani officials behaving today (luckily government was a much smaller part of American life in those days). The "honest" citizenry who had been bamboozled had no alternative, having put all their faith in a general who, even if he was inclined to be honest, nevertheless had to make all sorts of compromises to build an Administration since he had no life-long network of acquaintances in civilian government to fill such posts.

(Perhaps Andrew Jackson should be studied by Pakistanis; he strikes me as the closest American parallel to leaders like Zia and Musharraf.)

With honesty, leadership is also required and Imran has leadership qualities he has amply demonstrated.

I m not his politics or party follower but just trying to make a point here. Pakistan needs a break from this corrupt, murderous brand of democracy.

There was This guy CM Baluchistan who said, a degree is a degree, wether its fake or real. This guy is practically retarded no wonder they want army for protection
Degree Degree Hoti Hai - YouTube

But I wonder how you guys do it, I've never ever read a single incident of corruption or unfair practice in Israeli politics, how could you keep a system so clean and having the same opinion on everything?

With honesty, leadership is also required and Imran has leadership qualities he has amply demonstrated.
No, I don't think IK has "amply" demonstrated leadership qualities; he has cited fear several times as his reasons for refusing to take strong and unequivocal positions.

I m not his politics or party follower but just trying to make a point here. Pakistan needs a break from this corrupt, murderous brand of democracy.
Yes, and one honest man is too easy to compromise. Now tell us why you aren't stepping forward to do some of the job yourself?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom