What's new

General Kayani Decides to retire.

Good decision. Saved himself from more Embarassment!
Seriously people couldnt even digest his extension!
Muradk, we have not interacted, and I am not your friend (not really) but let me answer that.

As background, my father was an IA general, so I have some (old) second hand knowledge of and (first hand) respect for the Indian AND Pakistani Army. One of my oldest memories as a 5/6 year old is going right up to the border and having a Pakistani Ranger pick me up in his arms and hug me*. Unforgettable.

IMO Kiyani will go down as one of the greatest professional army commanders of Pakistan. He had many tough choices to make and he took all of them well; at the end of the day he made them and kept intact the army, prevented the US from further interference, maintained the aggression against India, allowed democracy to keep on an even keel (such as it was); and he did not start a coup even though he could have- EASILY. In PA'S history, that is an amazing quality- you have to admit that.

I understand that there are charges if nepotism against Kiyani. However, when analyzing his role from a global/ strategic perspective that does not matter, not really.

We can discuss this in detail tomorrow.

* I was around five years old, the Ranger said "Isko Pakistan me rakhte hain"

I started to blubber, yelled WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH, and demanded to go back to my Mommy, what did y'all expect? :lol:

Nonsense. For one, a few of PA's highest given awards for valor in battle are based on, or supported by, recommendations from Indians.

For two, unlike y'all, we appreciate competent professionalism, even in the enemy.
You sound like a true Army Brat :cheers:
I respect your comment!

Breaking News! General Kayani Decides to retire and will not seek an extension. A healthy sign for our policymaking and institutional maturity.

I think that is Prime minister's prerogative whether to give extension or not. not kiyani's decision.

the news coming out should have been, "prime minister decides not to give extension to kiyani"

All of those praising Gen Kiyani for deciding not to take extension, pls ask yourselves did you find him unprofessional when he first took the extension?

and secondly, who is he to decide whether to take extension to go for retirement?

Its Prime minister's prerogative to decide who heads the military machine, not the other way around !!

get your heads fixed people !!

Most probably he is going to be appointed for Nuclear command control structure Chief.

I appreciate him a lot for keeping away from politics. Lets hope the next one in is of the same mindset.

Probably you are right I don't know you so you are not my friend. I am a civilian so don't know much about Army or Indian Army. So I should just listen and read your threads because your father was a IA General and you know more about IA and even more about Pakistan Army.

Sarcasm is no excuse for knowledge or perspective. Thank you.

Congratulations to General Kiyani for a Bold move , and to Solidify his name in history as a Non Controversial General who served the nation proudly and left with his head held high and in greet esteem.

Congratulations , hope he enjoys the remainder of his years with his family and friends

He showed that he is a true Leader and his decision will increase the respect for Armed forces in country

All of those praising Gen Kiyani for deciding not to take extension, pls ask yourselves did you find him unprofessional when he first took the extension?

and secondly, who is he to decide whether to take extension to go for retirement?

Its Prime minister's prerogative to decide who heads the military machine, not the other way around !!

get your heads fixed people !!
the guy is going to complete his term -infact it has been long since he has completed his service tenture- so now he can retire fillfully- so I guess you need to get your head straight

Thank god, it's been a long time coming. What a useless army head - an empty suit. Not an iota of decision making power. He is a classic example of hiding one's incompetence under the guise of silence to appear knowledgeable.

So much death and destruction under his command, thousands of soldiers brutally killed, executed, and this coward just stood by watching. One after other every major military base came under attack and millions, even billions of dollars of loss incurred and he couldn't even devise a proper security plan.

My god these are the leaders and defenders of the nation. Disgusting!

Breaking News! General Kayani Decides to retire and will not seek an extension. A healthy sign for our policymaking and institutional maturity.

Hi,

Actually he tried his best to get an extension but there was too many people voicing their opinion against him in. He had long worn out his presence.

An absolute disgusting man---him and his ISI counterpart were the real cause of pakistan's humiliation for not speaking up on the public forum after OBL's demise.

A traitor for pakistan.

Thank god, it's been a long time coming. What a useless army head - an empty suit. Not an iota of decision making power. He is a classic example of hiding one's incompetence under the guise of silence to appear knowledgeable.

So much death and destruction under his command, thousands of soldiers brutally killed, executed, and this coward just stood by watching. One after other every major military base came under attack and millions, even billions of dollars of loss incurred and he couldn't even devise a proper security plan.

My god these are the leaders and defenders of the nation. Disgusting!

Hi,

The quiet man----it the worst man---. You need a general--a leader of man who speaks out his mind in public----because quiet men out of habbit chose to keep quiet in times of crisis and you can't tell if it was out of cowardice of out of stupidity.

There is no place for a quiet man in a leadership position.

Comments by iPhone and Mastan Khan great example how small minds think. No wonder they are limited to sharing their views on a public internet forums rather than real corridors of power.

x643543_98473359.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1uPma1ppLL.jpg

Comments by iPhone and Mastan Khan great example how small minds think. No wonder they are limited to sharing their views on a public internet forums rather than real corridors of power.

Oh my little buddy---i hand delieverd them to him and his partner as well---a couple of years ago. The threats were of serious retaliation to keep my mouth shut.

Son---it is a little bit beyond your pay grade to understand.

Probably you are right I don't know you so you are not my friend. I am a civilian so don't know much about Army or Indian Army. So I should just listen and read your threads because your father was a IA General and you know more about IA and even more about Pakistan Army.

Sir, Welcome back and good to see you here. Look forward to your uncanny analysis of Defense related threads.

Back
Top Bottom