What's new

Gas pipeline: Pakistan, Iran to sign construction contract today

FWO ko kaun sii sanctions ka dar ? :what:

I don't think FWO is expert in pipeline, most probable candidate were SNGPL or SSGPL and they (even FWO) have to import engineering equipments and machinery. And any bank who deal with company under sanction can also face sanctions. Yankees are so cheap - you can expect anything.

BTW: FWO or (any corporation belongs to army) will be last ones where Pakistan will take risk of sanctions.

I don't think FWO is expert in pipeline, most probable candidate were SNGPL or SSGPL and they (even FWO) have to import engineering equipments and machinery. And any bank who deal with company under sanction can also face sanctions. Yankees are so cheap - you can expect anything.

if they have to import machinery from western company , I don't think they can participate in the project , I'm sure no western company is going to sell them the necessary technologies.

@Armstrong
FWO{frontier works organisation} is great also built the korakaram highway!

these are different matter , a company may can build the greatest Dams or Bridge in the world but if they are not expert in this field it would be too dangerous to give them such project unless they can prove they have the necessary technologies and expertise for constructing gas pipelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
if they have to import machinery from western company , I don't think they can participate in the project , I'm sure no western company is going to sell them the necessary technologies.

That's why the construction contract is given to Iranian company.

Congrats to Iran and Pakistan, hopefully it'll be operational in the near future.

I also hope .
if Iran going to made the pipeline . i guess it will be fast , in year we managed to build a pipeline from Persian gulf to north of our country to solve the low gas pressure in Northern provinces in winter time.

I also hope .
if Iran going to made the pipeline . i guess it will be fast , in year we managed to build a pipeline from Persian gulf to north of our country to solve the low gas pressure in Northern provinces in winter time.

Hope is only in IF it can become operational before US withdrawal from Afghanistan as Pakistan have lil bit leverage now and can negotiate for it as part of end game - otherwise it will remain dream in foreseeable future.

Hope is only in IF it can become operational before US withdrawal from Afghanistan as Pakistan have lil bit leverage now and can negotiate for it as part of end game - otherwise it will remain dream in foreseeable future.

Don't worry Americans are not going anywhere they only reduce the number . the majority will stay there.

Don't worry Americans are not going anywhere they only reduce the number . the majority will stay there.

As of now - they are thinking to retain minimum infect they have started shipping their baggage, 1st wave has already crossed Pakistan.

BTW: FWO or (any corporation belongs to army) will be last ones where Pakistan will take risk of sanctions.

I think we already have the Machinery and expertise as we do have Natural gas pipelines in Baluchistan and other areas of pakistan .plus don't forget Iranians are also laying down the pipeline on their side so i have a feeling they with some others will provide necessary help if needed.

I think we already have the Machinery and expertise as we do have Natural gas pipelines in Baluchistan and other areas of pakistan .plus don't forget Iranians are also laying down the pipeline on their side so i have a feeling they with some others will provide necessary help if needed.

I am not talking about Machinery for this specific project. Giving contract to Iran is best option Pakistan have instead of taking risk of sanctions.

I am not talking about Machinery for this specific project. Giving contract to Iran is best option Pakistan have instead of taking risk of sanctions.

I understand what you are saying and agree but remember last sanctions brought us JF17 lets see what the new ones will give us.Beside sanction in pakistan only hurt the Elite and generals since i am in a good mood i am willing to sacrifice them poor are already under sanctions :hitwall:.

I understand what you are saying and agree but remember last sanctions brought us JF17 lets see what the new ones will give us.Beside sanction in pakistan only hurt the Elite and generals since i am in a good mood i am willing to sacrifice them poor are already under sanctions :hitwall:.

Butt tu marvaiii gaaa ! :blink:

No dear - Pakistan's economy can't stand against sanction, all our exports are to countries who are in US camp - JF-17 is result of sanction on military weapons and in that case we were importers and we simple switched our supplier, But to whom you will export your products IF US force your customers not to buy? Iran's example doesn't fit on Pakistan - They are rich with Oil, Gas and minerals - Which they can sell even on half price if needed.

Even if US sanction only SSGL or SNGL even than we will be in trouble, equipment and machinery aside we will be struggling to arrange Protective Coatings that are needed to maintain existing pipelines and plants and it's one simple example.

Back
Top Bottom