What's new

Gangs of Karachi by Talat Hussain

Mate, its the government that deserves blame for this anarchy. Purge the police of any policial influences & give them a free hand: Peace will come...

we had the same situation since last 30 years , dictators or democracy we havent seen calm yet.

=sur;2007091]What a rubbish... "communication barrier"... did u wash ur face after u got up from bed... we all speak urdu & understand WELL the talk of Karachi ppl. Our families also migrated from india, but we don't label us "muhajirs" & don't whine & rant & blame other's for our own shortcomings.
Listen Bay Sureelay May be you didnt wash ur ar$e before farting here , only replied to the part you liked its said in a different context , how many urdu speaking khietes or hyderbadis are deployed in punjab , KPK or Baluchistan. Point is genius every city has its own culture and a person born or least brought up there knows / understand the people inside out. Dont just start talking junk about things which are beyond you !!

& secondly key to better policing is bringing police from other areas so that they won't have any loyalties to gangs in those areas & would perform duties in an unbiased way ... infact reason given by analysts for in-effective policing is that political parties have recruited their loyal persons in police.
May be a few indivisual or a small percentage , Not the other way around , when non sense existing methods like what you suggested / supported above are applied than we get what happening in Karachi , hope its gets through

"Almost every civilized" .... Karachi gangs are NOT civilized , so different rules for them .
In peace time local members work best , but to eradicate gangs working on behalf on india & other anti-Pak-Watan elements, we need un-biased police i.e. NOT local recruits ...
What a hippocrat !! read your above post and next line you are contradicting :hitwall:

we had the same situation since last 30 years , dictators or democracy we havent seen calm yet.

Sure. Calm will only ensue when we but Pakistan first, rather than our sub-national affiliations.

Sure. Calm will only ensue when we but Pakistan first, rather than our sub-national affiliations.

if we were to look at the bigger picture Its not about ethnicity even fundamental issue is we have the religion first leading to confusion

anyone got any information how gangs/mafia were routed out in other parts of the world?

here we have approx more than 5000 known target killers, with 20 million lethal weapons, (probably more than in tribal areas...)

estimated politically affiliated gunners reach out to be more than 25,000.

what kind of a operation there can be done when there is 1 target killer for 800 citizens and 2 police personnel to protect 800 citizens ? (excluding Rangers)

anyone got any information how gangs/mafia were routed out in other parts of the world?

Hi Leader,

In the past the US had problems trying to police gangs and mafia type groups because the police and members of the establishment were on the payroll of such groups. To get round this they created elite teams whose identity was kept as top secret. They could overide most institutions and got unique results. I think we need to start at the top and get rid of the idiots who are leading the country and put people in charge who have got the balls to take control.

here we have approx more than 5000 known target killers, with 20 million lethal weapons, (probably more than in tribal areas...)

estimated politically affiliated gunners reach out to be more than 25,000.

what kind of a operation there can be done when there is 1 target killer for 800 citizens and 2 police personnel to protect 800 citizens ? (excluding Rangers)

how did so million guns (additionaly RPG's and other heavy weapons) reached here in these militant hands , wont that be the bigger question ? when we spend all we earn on defence ! FISHY dont you think?? 2ndly why exclude rangers they have Police authority + they are deployed every kilometre of the city .. they are using city resources , deployed on public & local govt properties. At the ever defamous Kati pahari (orangi) for 5 days residents were fired upon and once rangers arrive peace was restored in less than half an hour i dont think i will be wrong is assuming that our agencies are a part of it

how did so million guns (additionaly RPG's and other heavy weapons) reached here in these militant hands , wont that be the bigger question ? when we spend all we earn on defence ! FISHY dont you think?? 2ndly why exclude rangers they have Police authority + they are deployed every kilometre of the city .. they are using city resources , deployed on public & local govt properties. At the ever defamous Kati pahari (orangi) for 5 days residents were fired upon and once rangers arrive peace was restored in less than half an hour i dont think i will be wrong is assuming that our agencies are a part of it

supply follows demand !!! from the last 20 years, gangs are gathering it from where ever they can get. it was aided by hatred because politics was played on ethnic basis....and now you see a split societal bond...

if the people can be liberated from the gang influence, things may be normal... but the million dollar question remains "billi ke galay mien ghanti kon bandhay ga ?"

Hi Leader,

In the past the US had problems trying to police gangs and mafia type groups because the police and members of the establishment were on the payroll of such groups. To get round this they created elite teams whose identity was kept as top secret. They could overide most institutions and got unique results. I think we need to start at the top and get rid of the idiots who are leading the country and put people in charge who have got the balls to take control.

I know of it, there is a film on it gangs of NewYork, but in the end USA navy and Army had to bombard the city to get rid of these gangs...

supply follows demand !!! from the last 20 years, gangs are gathering it from where ever they can get. it was aided by hatred because politics was played on ethnic basis....and now you see a split societal bond...if the people can be liberated from the gang influence, things may be normal... but the million dollar question remains "billi ke galay mien ghanti kon bandhay ga ?"

There was a military operation in khi for a decade , so lets reduce it in half ! also the agencies know about presence of weapons in a city , they will never let any one hold more weapons than they can handle !the size of weaponry is huge according to jang its few times more than the military ...!! Point is the game plan was/is different and Fishy.

Rio de Janeiro is also facing a similar problem with gangs. Over 4000 people were killed in 2010 there. In Rio there are many gangs in the favela regions just like the gangs in Karachi's slum areas. The gangs even shot down a police helicopters and stuff. As far as I know Rio's police is involved in a heavy operation against the gangs. Even the army got involved.

There was a military operation in khi for a decade , so lets reduce it in half ! also the agencies know about presence of weapons in a city , they will never let any one hold more weapons than they can handle !the size of weaponry is huge according to jang its few times more than the military ...!! Point is the game plan was/is different and Fishy.

The Establishment has shown some concern in its last corps meeting, do you think it would use its influence to deweaponize Karachi ?

I didnt really comprehend the Fishy part you mentioned... if you can elaborate...

Rio de Janeiro is also facing a similar problem with gangs. Over 4000 people were killed in 2010 there. In Rio there are many gangs in the favela regions just like the gangs in Karachi's slum areas. The gangs even shot down a police helicopters and stuff. As far as I know Rio's police is involved in a heavy operation against the gangs. Even the army got involved.

Hmm... yeah I heard of it, they want to clean the city before the Olympics...

Yes most civilised places in the world have policemen from the local population .. What if a person resident born and brought up in khi police KPK ya punjab? i wont support that would you ??

i would definetly support that this is one of the few things that keeps our NATIONAL LINKS!!! if we have everything local then i am sorry i will become a resident of karachi and not pakistan!!! something should keep us connected nationally!

& you know why urdu speaking don't join the police force? reason is the pay is too less!! and they don't want to relocate to interior sindh! not because they are deprived!

Major problem is that natives of karachi doesn't have any relation with karachi police, even people of karachi hesitate talking with police, karachi police should have officers that are natives of karachi.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom