What's new

Future Earthquakes in India

Sory but it wont ny city experienced an eartquake of 7 but biildings did not came down though they were badly damaged it was in mid 1990's

@ Arihant & DelhiDareDevil,
From where did you get this absurd figure of 99% buildings in India will collapse in earthquakes? How much percentage of buildings all over India collapsed in the last major earthquakes of Latur and Bhuj? Please quote some statistics before making some wild claims. And most of all, the geological conditions in India are very different from the geological conditions in Japan (think 'ring of fire'); so there is little to compare.

Of course if you are too worried, then buy a plane ticket to Libya or Somalia.

I don't believe all these.
Earth-quake can not be predicted!! It's not like weather which happens in atmosphere so can be predicted! It happens inside the core of the earth!

And btw we've already experienced some earth-quakes [obviously not as many as Japan] like Gujarat earth-quake in 2001? And I'm sure even 9.9% buildings did not fall, let alone 99%.

Brother, Gujarat earthquake was of 6 while japan earthquake was at 9 reactor scale. It is not that Japan earthquake is just 1.5 times of Kutch earthquake, its at least 1000 times more powerful.

None of our builders follow earthquake guidelines that could stop earthquake of 8-9 although earthquake of 6-7 would not damage a lot but still considerable damage.

I don't believe all these.
Earth-quake can not be predicted!! It's not like weather which happens in atmosphere so can be predicted! It happens inside the core of the earth!

And btw we've already experienced some earth-quakes [obviously not as many as Japan] like Gujarat earth-quake in 2001? And I'm sure even 9.9% buildings did not fall, let alone 99%.

wrong ! earth quakes can be predicted . it is known fact that some animals responds to the changes in the atmosphere.

Animals & Earthquake Prediction

The Use Of Animals In Earthquake Prediction

bullshyt.

guys no need to fear , amazingly most new structure comign up in india. which are approved and designed.

are enough to handle a big earth quake.

although anything above 9 is too much for anything , because you dont plan for such big earth quakes.

Earthquake_Information_for_Pakistan.gif

Also was looking at the quake zone, and see that Pakistan are on 2 different tectonic plates.
this means Pakistan is more vulnerable to earthquakes then india but what will you say about tsunami ?????????????

Back
Top Bottom