What's new

Future direction for PAKTURK Military cooperation?

Does Pakistan have ability to construct Nuclear Power Plants ? From my understanding, all power plants within Pakistan are foreign made.
Yes Pakistan does have the know-how to construct Nuclear Power plants. We have at least one of our own among the few that operate in Pakistan. I can not say about commercial aspect, but technological know-how is there.

@Combat-Master l Pakistan has its own reactor designs and all reactors built with China were built under joint ventures.

We can help Turkey greatly in many critical aspects of civilian nuclear technology.

One area of coop must be joint research and development of Liquid Floride Throrium Reactors LFTRs. Turkey has one of the largest reserves of Thorium which both states can greatly benefit from.

Why are you getting defensive, I was asking a honest question. What would Pakistan help with then? If Pakistan purchases nuclear plants from foreign countries why should Turkey receive help from Pakistan?

Yes we made our first nuclear reactor in 93..nuclear reactor to be exact.. After that we have several 150 MW I dye nous reactors ... While many 350 mw are under constructions .. Part from tht the mega reactors working in our country were produced with help of china .. Although we produced over 80% of their components..

• More Joint naval exercises (Anti Piracy)
  • Pakistani tech from Shaheen Ballistic Missiles to help us with space program.
  • We should work as a team in international disasters. Example somalia, or delivering aid in a coordinated manner to bosnia flood victims. For example Ill bring the cokes you bring the chips. This could also serve as Pak-Turk Logistic exercises.
Ill think of some more later.

Great idea!! This should be seriously implemented.

This is all good and dandy, but the main reasons why the above hasn't happened or might not is because of security concerns. Both for Pakistan and Turkey, NATO and China has a major role to play in it me thinks.

That being said; Pakistani Wants (from where I see areas to improve upon)
  • Electronics - From radars, E/O to weapon stations, simulators etc..
  • Unmanned Air Vehicles - Turkey has made great strides in this area, pakistan could benefit.
  • Missiles - Anti-tank, Air-to-air, Air-to-ground, Surface-to-surface, surface-to-air. Turkey plans on developing many missiles indigenously, to replace foreign missiles which are on verge of EOL.
  • Ships
  • Land Vehicles - Not tracked vehicles specifically, more in respect to wheeled vehicles.
Turkish Wants (again areas where improvement can be made)
  • Ballistic Missile - Turkey is lagging behind in this field, investments have been made but co-operation could benefit both countries with the chemicals being researched.
  • Missiles - SAM, I know Turkey is developing it's own. But joint development could yield a product faster.
  • Joint exercises
  • Monies - No money, No Hon..Technology. Share burden of costs for developing technologies.
  • Moar brain powarr - Lack of brains, edu'mucated ones specifically. You can only throw so many MSc, PHD, DR. people at a project before you run out of them, if there were cooperation in developing technologies both countries can advance quickly. (US and Soviet Space programs had high mix of ethnicities)

Not really .. We produce several types of anti tank missiles except fire n forget types .. As for surface to ground n surface to surface we have everything .. From sat guided stand off missiles,laser guided missiles .. Long range stand off missiles ,air launched,ship,sub n ground launched cruise missiles.. Same for UAVs we have everything from MALE,UCAVS to hand launched mini drones ...Turkey can help us with things like radars,naval programes n other stuff..

Not really .. We produce several types of anti tank missiles except fire n forget types .. As for surface to ground n surface to surface we have everything .. From sat guided stand off missiles,laser guided missiles .. Long range stand off missiles ,air launched,ship,sub n ground launched cruise missiles.. Same for UAVs we have everything from MALE,UCAVS to hand launched mini drones ...Turkey can help us with things like radars,naval programes n other stuff..

Pakistan produces several types of anti-tank missiles that have aged quite a bit in technological aspect, Turkey is developing newer generation of missiles with fire and forget with advanced seekers. As for Air to ground and surface to surface missiles, Pakistan lacks modern missiles with real time man-in-the-loop two way communication for precision strikes.. not just monitoring missiles flight path. And what about Anti-ship missiles?
Also didn't know Pakistan manufactured MALE and UCAVs, can you provide more info ?

JV on frigates and SAM ... much need of the time .. i would like to see more SP ops joint operation exercises of Tur-Pak

Pakistan produces several types of anti-tank missiles that have aged quite a bit in technological aspect, Turkey is developing newer generation of missiles with fire and forget with advanced seekers
Thts what I'm saying we have the lasts at TOW,sniper,sparrow,Milan n laser guided upgraded version of baktar Shikan ATGM etc.. But not a true fire n forget ATGM .. Maybe NESCOM is working on it but no solid data on any such program except speculations .. But thts where ur FnF mizrak comes in.

]As for Air to ground and surface to surface missiles, Pakistan lacks modern missiles with real time man-in-the-loop two way communication for precision strikes.. not just monitoring missiles flight path. And what about Anti-ship missiles?

Not really those are new developments Takbir PGM,SLM,new guided missile which we saw in a pic taken during visit of Iraqi air chief... H-4 SOM ranged 140km,H-2 ranged 60-80 km were allegedly produced with help from South Africa .. Both are stand of missiles.. Apart from that Babur II with 1200-1900km range n a naval version of subs is under development n our RAAD air launched CM.. Other quasi ballistic missiles like NASR..etc..

As for anti ship .. Nope but we produce torpedoes air launched,sub,ship launched like sea surge etc.. N have the hypersonic CM-400 .. Apart from exocist,harpoon n Chinese C series.. But it would be nice if we could collaborate on something maybe an anti ship Babur CM.

Also didn't know Pakistan manufactured MALE and UCAVs, can you provide more info ?

This is Shahpar MALE

image.jpg

Burraq UCAV

image.jpg

Apart from these we produce several types of UAVs.. Including Italian FALCO under TOT.. Etc
Even Anka your UAVs parts are produced by PAC.

• More Joint naval exercises (Anti Piracy)
  • Pakistani tech from Shaheen Ballistic Missiles to help us with space program.
  • We should work as a team in international disasters. Example somalia, or delivering aid in a coordinated manner to bosnia flood victims. For example Ill bring the cokes you bring the chips. This could also serve as Pak-Turk Logistic exercises.
Ill think of some more later.

What about joint space program, joint navel program and joint missile program? we can share so much with our brothers

If Pakistan purchases nuclear plants from foreign countries why should Turkey receive help from Pakistan?

While they operate a 125 MWe CANDU & Many Chinese 300 MWe CNP 300s,they already have developed research reactors.

Does Pakistan have ability to construct Nuclear Power Plants ? From my understanding, all power plants within Pakistan are foreign made.

Yes,but some components need to be imported - Reactor Vessels,steam generators,pumps-Only few countries in Asia build these.

Thts what I'm saying we have the lasts at TOW,sniper,sparrow,Milan n laser guided upgraded version of baktar Shikan ATGM etc.. But not a true fire n forget ATGM .. Maybe NESCOM is working on it but no solid data on any such program except speculations .. But thts where ur FnF mizrak comes in.

Not really those are new developments Takbir PGM,SLM,new guided missile which we saw in a pic taken during visit of Iraqi air chief... H-4 SOM ranged 140km,H-2 ranged 60-80 km were allegedly produced with help from South Africa .. Both are stand of missiles.. Apart from that Babur II with 1200-1900km range n a naval version of subs is under development n our RAAD air launched CM.. Other quasi ballistic missiles like NASR..etc..

As for anti ship .. Nope but we produce torpedoes air launched,sub,ship launched like sea surge etc.. N have the hypersonic CM-400 .. Apart from exocist,harpoon n Chinese C series.. But it would be nice if we could collaborate on something maybe an anti ship Babur CM.

This is Shahpar MALE

View attachment 36022

Burraq UCAV

View attachment 36023

Apart from these we produce several types of UAVs.. Including Italian FALCO under TOT.. Etc

It's the spare parts. TAI asked PAC to produce the spare parts of Anka to save $$$.

That's why in my original post I added ATGM. Pakistan doesn't have Fire and forget or fire and update. Neither do you have top-attack ATGM. So saying you have ATGM, is one thing and sure you do, but you don't have advanced features that co-operation would achieve.

Having a missile which has x number of range is great, it's an achievement. But having the ability to communicate with the missile is a step ahead, I believe recently Pakistan developed a one way communication with missiles which shows flight path of the missile. Turkey is developing two-way communication for missiles, it will have fire and update capability and function to change target mid-flight.

That's why I wrote SSM previously, combined cooperation may achieve greater results. Turkey is developing sub-sonic SSM and Torpedoes.

This is Shahpar MALE

View attachment 36022

Burraq UCAV

View attachment 36023

Sorry dude, but again you're missing the point.

The difference between Shahpar and Anka is huge in scale, couple of Turkish Tactical UAVs outperform Shahpar.. Co-operation would enhance Pakistan's defence industry in this field...

Agreed..and in my view, turkey is the only country worth establishing all kinds of friendly relationships with..its someone trustworthy. Unlike Pakistans neighbors, who have the only objective of destroying it

It's the spare parts. TAI asked PAC to produce the spare parts of Anka to save $$$.

We have been producing UAVs since the 90s... and according to reports "developed" the parts.. whatever tht means.. although we do produce jet parts for boeing,airbus etc aswell.

That's why in my original post I added ATGM. Pakistan doesn't have Fire and forget or fire and update.

Yes.. we dont unless you count tank launched missiles...

Neither do you have top-attack ATGM. So saying you have ATGM, is one thing and sure you do, but you don't have advanced features that co-operation would achieve.

No actually we do have top attack ATGMs... but not fnf...

Having a missile which has x number of range is great, it's an achievement. But having the ability to communicate with the missile is a step ahead, I believe recently Pakistan developed a one way communication with missiles which shows flight path of the missile. Turkey is developing two-way communication for missiles, it will have fire and update capability and function to change target mid-flight.

No.. we already have tht capability.. apart from GPS we are using chinese Beidu for tht... @Secur

That's why I wrote SSM previously, combined cooperation may achieve greater results. Turkey is developing sub-sonic SSM and Torpedoes.

Would be helpful...

Sorry dude, but again you're missing the point.

The difference between Shahpar and Anka is huge in scale, couple of Turkish Tactical UAVs outperform Shahpar.. Co-operation would enhance Pakistan's defence industry in this field...

Here is a clearer pic of Shahpar:

Sparwar_UAV_-_main (1).jpg

Here is a Burraq:
1459660_10201812988379486_497016235_n (1).jpg

A CH-3 on which it is based:

ch.jpg

As for the capability its already there .. our private companies are offering sophisticated UAVs aswell....

Back
Top Bottom