What's new

French frigate starts her visit to Ho Chi Minh City [Sai Gon City]

dunhill

Reaction score
French frigate starts her visit to HCM City

QĐND - Friday, March 23, 2012, 20:50 (GMT+7)

PANO - The Vendemiaire, a French frigate, commanded by Commander Jean Christophe Olieric, with 91 crewmembers on board, anchored at HCM City Port on March 23rd, starting her five-day goodwill visit to HCM City.

Representatives from Vietnam Naval Command, HCM City External Affairs Department, Command of Military Zone 7, and French Consulate General in HCM City, received the visiting delegation.

At the reception, French Commander thanked the host for warmly welcome.

During their five-day stay in HCM City, the French delegation will lay a wreath at Statue of President Ho Chi Minh, pay a courtesy visit to leaders of HCM City People’s Committee, Command of Military Zone 7 and the Naval Command.

Besides, French crewmembers will have a friendly volleyball match with cadets of the Naval Technology School and contemplate some landscapes around HCM City.

This visit of French naval officers and soldiers to Vietnam will contribute to consolidating and strengthening the friendship between Vietnam and France in general, and between the two armies, in particular, in accordance with the guideline on building faithful partnership in the 21st century, which was approved by senior leaders of the two countries.

This is the fourth visit of the Vendemiaire to Vietnam. After her visit to HCM City, she will head for Cambodia on March 27.

The Vendemiaire is among five French warships of the same class of the French Navy. She defends France’s sovereignty over different territorial waters. She is of 2,950 tons, 93.5m long and 14m wide with the water-line of 4.4m, and equipped with a helicopter and various modern weapons.

Sources:French frigate starts her visit to HCM City - People

This how Viet Nam responded back to China warns.

Yes you are welcoming your ex masters France and US whose soldiers had mass killed vietnamese women and children during the Vietnam wars of the 50's, 60's and beginning of the 70's. France had colonized Vietnam, spoilt its resources and enslaved its population while the US had used chemicals on civilians, burning women and children. So now, Vietnam instead of asking for compensation, is welcoming the French and US armies which are typical symbols of all these mass killings. Don't forget that your ancestors had fought the French and US armies to push them out of Vietnam and Indochina. The US and the EU want to impose a new colonial rule in Asia and the best way to do this is to impose a divide and rule policy in Asia and using China as a threat to instill hate and war among Asian countries. United, Asia could become the most powerful continent in the World but divided, Asia would be at the mercy of the US and EU. Vietnam shares cultural and physical similarities with China, so its better for both to work together for the benefit of both as the US and EU are safeguarding their own interests and they don't care on those of Vietnam or any Asian country.

French frigate starts her visit to HCM City

QĐND - Friday, March 23, 2012, 20:50 (GMT+7)

PANO - The Vendemiaire, a French frigate, commanded by Commander Jean Christophe Olieric, with 91 crewmembers on board, anchored at HCM City Port on March 23rd, starting her five-day goodwill visit to HCM City.

Representatives from Vietnam Naval Command, HCM City External Affairs Department, Command of Military Zone 7, and French Consulate General in HCM City, received the visiting delegation.

At the reception, French Commander thanked the host for warmly welcome.

During their five-day stay in HCM City, the French delegation will lay a wreath at Statue of President Ho Chi Minh, pay a courtesy visit to leaders of HCM City People’s Committee, Command of Military Zone 7 and the Naval Command.

Besides, French crewmembers will have a friendly volleyball match with cadets of the Naval Technology School and contemplate some landscapes around HCM City.

This visit of French naval officers and soldiers to Vietnam will contribute to consolidating and strengthening the friendship between Vietnam and France in general, and between the two armies, in particular, in accordance with the guideline on building faithful partnership in the 21st century, which was approved by senior leaders of the two countries.

This is the fourth visit of the Vendemiaire to Vietnam. After her visit to HCM City, she will head for Cambodia on March 27.

The Vendemiaire is among five French warships of the same class of the French Navy. She defends France’s sovereignty over different territorial waters. She is of 2,950 tons, 93.5m long and 14m wide with the water-line of 4.4m, and equipped with a helicopter and various modern weapons.

Sources:French frigate starts her visit to HCM City - People

This how Viet Nam responded back to China warns.

Guess it is time to forget old enmity and see mutual benefit. :)

For example, we Indians thrashed Portugal out of our country just like you Vietnamese kicked the French out. But today we have a decent relationship with them that is not hostile. Not that they're of any good to us but at least we have sound relations with Europe.

I think Vietnam should also do that. French (and Germans) are technologically more open than most other Europeans and their cooperation would benefit Vietnam. :tup:

Yes you are welcoming your ex masters France and US whose soldiers had mass killed vietnamese women and children during the Vietnam wars of the 50's, 60's and beginning of the 70's. France had colonized Vietnam, spoilt its resources and enslaved its population while the US had used chemicals on civilians, burning women and children. So now, Vietnam instead of asking for compensation, is welcoming the French and US armies which are typical symbols of all these mass killings. Don't forget that your ancestors had fought the French and US armies to push them out of Vietnam and Indochina. The US and the EU want to impose a new colonial rule in Asia and the best way to do this is to impose a divide and rule policy in Asia and using China as a threat to instill hate and war among Asian countries. United, Asia could become the most powerful continent in the World but divided, Asia would be at the mercy of the US and EU. Vietnam shares cultural and physical similarities with China, so its better for both to work together for the benefit of both as the US and EU are safeguarding their own interests and they don't care on those of Vietnam or any Asian country.

We're doing for our best interest. China is not any better than the rest. How is it a benefit for both when you're in our water and killed/kidnapped our fishermen? We only tolerated you because we believe we can peaceful negotiate with you because of our similarity, but it seems like you are unwilling to work with us and go your own way so we have no choice but to ally with other nations. Don't try to sugar coat your words by talking like you care.

You say you want to work together with us but you failed to maintain a healthy relationships with other countries and this will be your downfall. Our ancestors kept you away as well, you're not a good leader of the world, so why the hell should we join you? You're not any better than us dude, why are you so delusional? your country is desperate for natural resources especially oil and over populated because there's only so much natural resources, you can't have it all. Obviously, who doesn't safeguarding their own interests? you don't? don't give me that bullshit.

What have you done for us? Nothing, don't even tell me that bullshit that you helped us out during Vietnam war. You helped nothing but supplying weapons, did you actually send your own people to fight for our cause? Hell no. Don't even brag about your helping us because you never lost a life to help us. When you do, then I would consider that friendship. Your people are just selfish and only think for yourself. You're weak mentally and physically, you're not as brave as us and willing to sacrifice for a cause, like us we die to protect our people and country and that's why we defeated YOU, Mongolians, France, British and Americans and Japanese. You're not us and we are never you. Don't even compare to us, you're nothing.

France is reclaiming her colonies. A dark day for all who fought for freedom.

Freedom isn't free.

Looks like some people are nervous that their country is being encircled. Again...

France is reclaiming her colonies. A dark day for all who fought for freedom.

Freedom isn't free.
French have a very good feeling towards the South East asians especially , Vietnamese for exemple.
A month ago it was a beautiful program about Vietnam showing how wonderful the Vietnamese are and how terrible Vietnamese suffered during the war. In the main French national channel.

About this fregate: France wants to make a step further in the friendship with Vietnam with this visit. There is no colony or occupation lol
France is a small military power, unsignifiant compared to the big country of China. So this is of course no way to be a threat to China

French have a very good feeling towards the South East asians especially , Vietnamese for exemple.
A month ago it was a beautiful program about Vietnam showing how wonderful the Vietnamese are and how terrible Vietnamese suffered during the war. In the main French national channel.

About this fregate: France wants to make a step further in the friendship with Vietnam with this visit. There is no colony or occupation lol
France is a small military power, unsignifiant compared to the big country of China. So this is of course no way to be a threat to China

Does a documentary mean that France was not a colonial power in Vietnam? I am not worried about the military implications of this, I am worried for the Vietnamese who may have to live under French oppression the same way their ancestors did 100 years ago.

Does a documentary mean that France was not a colonial power in Vietnam? I am not worried about the military implications of this, I am worried for the Vietnamese who may have to live under French oppression the same way their ancestors did 100 years ago.
Vietnam is very independant from France now. The past is the past. Believe me they regret the past and the colonial brutality of their ancestors here. France changed (at least for this).
Yes a century ago... indeed you didn't need to go so far france a colonial empire that didn't well consider the peoplle of Vietnam and their rights. Worst was Algeria and everybody knows about it. But believe me, there is no colonial feeling here... at least ii never experienced in newspapers, in people i meet .

Anyway back to the topic... it is natural that the links between the two countries are good. At least they act far more smart with Vietnam than with Algeria (with all the insults they both sides give to each other, but i would say especially France). Believe m e if they dodn't show "nice" programs about Algeria and they do for South Asia , there is a reason for that... it is what they really feel about.

Spare the Viets your crocodile tears. The France of today is not the France of yesterday. But if you want the Viets to judge France based upon the past, then be prepare for the Viets to judge China based upon China's past of repeated military invasions and occupations of Viet Nam.

Thanks for your concern about Vietnamese with French. Honestly, if there any single Chinese still living in Viet Nam that also means Vietnamese has no problem at all to get along with Chinese even though in the past both countries has badly damaged because of wars.

We [Vietnamese] only concern what will brings to us for nowaday.

The reasons I posted this article not becaused I'm trying to pissing Chinese off. I just want to prove that Vietnamese will get along with everyone who living in this World.

If there something Vietnamese/ Viet Nam tried to opposed to China country that also reached over limit that Viet Nam could handle due to unacceptable claims from China.

French, Japan, US was Viet Nam enemies, nowaday we could put bad things behind and move on to the future. Yes, I agreed with Gambit that the other meaning Viet Nam tried to encircling China and makes China paid back whatever China did to Viet Nam.[ Used massive aids to Lao, Cambodia to against Viet Nam]

Back
Top Bottom