What's new

FP22 Frigates deal expanded

Wow! lov it man Pakistan must ask for Hawk Helicopter for Navy + Ships from US....

we need Nuclear Sub also.. So Pakistan also go for Nuclear sub! but State of the Art nuclear sub....

No we do not need a Nuclear submarine(SSN). Without implying any uncertainty on the capability of PN, PN has no aspirations to change its naval doctrine from Green to Blue.

I'm sure people in Iran military will be very happy but, I think it's mostly up to Pakistan if they want to corporate with us or not? But we have good experience in building fast-attack boats, and frigate (Moudge 1&2 class) and also a destroyer (Jamaran)

Anyway to me the above picture is frigate!

I don't think there would be any major opposition to any cooperation with Iran in defence field on this side of the border, but looking at our conditions you can guess who would be most pissed off, as we don't have the oil power nor the leaders which can stand up. I hope and pray one day this cooperation becomes reality just like IP Gas pipeline would become, as i see great potential in this cooperation, as both militaries need good and indigenous weapon systems.

I'm sure people in Iran military will be very happy but, I think it's mostly up to Pakistan if they want to corporate with us or not? But we have good experience in building fast-attack boats, and frigate (Moudge 1&2 class) and also a destroyer (Jamaran)

I am suprised why there is not more cooperation between Iranian shipyard to make more ships for Pakistan in return of JF17 thunders for Iran I think that would be a good deal for both neighbouring counrties to fight against pirates operating in seas sorta speak

I am suprised why there is not more cooperation between Iranian shipyard to make more ships for Pakistan in return of JF17 thunders for Iran I think that would be a good deal for both neighbouring counrties to fight against pirates operating in seas sorta speak

I think there was a time pre 70's when Pakistan and Iran enjoyed great cooperation but really Pakistan , Iran and China is a very natural economic zone , China as a new world economy , and Pakistan and Iran with man power etc and trade routes and raw goods etc its a very logical progression

Its too bad India pulled out from the cooperation it would have may be made even more powerful trading block if we had

China/Pakistan/Iran/India as a new Block may be with Russia but India choose to side with US and backstab Russia and Iran politically in recent times

But other then that the conditions are there for a great future economic zone -

It's a very good question! Some of the Iranian shipyards are getting close due to lack of fund, cooperation will boost the experience of both sides, I believe!

But I don't think our brothers in Pakistan can provide us with JF17 due to international sanctions :-S

Anyway, I think cooperation is a good idea but I'm sure U.S will not be very happy about this! (Not that we care! :D)

It's a very good question! Some of the Iranian shipyards are getting close due to lack of fund, cooperation will boost the experience of both sides, I believe!

But I don't think our brothers in Pakistan can provide us with JF17 due to international sanctions :-S

Anyway, I think cooperation is a good idea but I'm sure U.S will not be very happy about this! (Not that we care! :D)

I am sure the deal can be struck thru China ... China is there to make the sale we are the silent partner ... I mean its a really logical step

We don't need to be directly involed , China being a VETO holding nation can do what they want like US did when it supplied weapons to rouge states like tiwan etc

If Russia can sell Iran S300 we can surely sell JF17 thunder I mean we are talking about trade and strategic partnership

Any resolution that is brought up has to get Veto'ed by Russia and China

I do see Iran needs 45 planes and we could use 3 destroyers , it would be very decent deal

And there is no real basis for sanctions on Iran - Iran has NEVER attacked any nation they live in their country play football and eat kabobs , peacefull people

Half of LA is from Iran too

I think China is building some oil refineries in Iran , and hopefully we can run a pipeline for oil and gas all way from Iran to China , and may be to India if they really come to senses , and realize its in their national interest to stop chasing US and focus on Asian Peace and economy

REFERENCE: http://www.payvand.com/news/09/nov/1267.html
6 Billion dollar invested by China in Iran

This would also help bring cost of oil down as more oil would be available for consumptions

Most people don't know this that the biggest burden on Pakistani Economy is our dependence on Middle eastern oil , we have old cars in Pakistan that give us low milage and higher polutions - and eat alot of oil

And we invest tones of cash to bring that oil thru sea ports to our national needs, having a oil pipeline similar to gas peace pipe line would likely save us 500 million + yearly the money we pay on shipping cost to bring oil to Pakistan -

Last edited:
Gratz to our brothers in Pakistan! I hope one day we gonna have joint cooperation in this sector!

Great buddy, we want to see you stand with us and we with you. Iran-Pakistan-Turkey will make the brutal force that no ****** could ever look with ill intentions. Got to make it happen. Contribute to extend cooperation between these Nations whatever way you can.

Friday, December 18, 2009
Defense Minister Liang meets Pakistan Chief.

Rumors persist of a possible package of four Type 054A FFGs to Pakistan (here) in addition to the current four F22P "sword class" FFG deal. An injection of four Type 054A frigates with medium-range HQ-16 VLS SAMs would be a considerable upgrade for the Pakistan navy -- for the first time, it could provide an Area-Air-Defense umbrella for its task force. Other than the Type 053H3 "Jiangwei" class, the Type 054A frigate is the only Chinese frigate in mass production. It’s seaworthiness has been proven by deployments in the Gulf of Aden.

These rumors gain credibility this week since a senior Pakistani official told Janes Defense weekly that "Pakistan's navy was in informal negotiations with China for the purchase of another three to four frigates, that will be larger than the F22Ps." *

With courting from both China and US it is spring time for the Pakistan military.

* Janes Defense weekly "Pakistan seeks to build on bonds

China Defense Blog: Defense Minister Liang meets Pakistan Chief.

I think F22 frigate is a pretty capable ship, although the introduction of 054A will for sure give the PN much more capability.:china::pakistan:
PS: There is one error in this drawing, the torpedo is not supposed to be MK-32 AST, but ET-52C

No need to worry , bro we will send you our Airforce if needed to give bloody noses to your enemies , we did it for arabs and there is nothing wrong doing it for you..:pakistan:

Looks like good news. I feel that our Navy is neglected and ignored and not decorated as much as the airforce but this is great news. :]

In comparison to the Type-21s, the F-22Ps are great, but still aren't optimal in terms of AAW. This isn't PN's fault as suitable VLS-based systems such as Umkhonto-R and naval IRIS-T SL are still in development. Once available, I'm sure the PN will equip the F-22Ps with one of those systems, possibly in 32-cell VLS format.

IMO, the PN should hold off on additional F-22P, and acquire 4 Type-054A. Instead of acquiring more F-22Ps, it should look into projects such as the South Korean FFX as an alternative. Pakistan can cooperate with Turkey and Italy on the sub-systems, radar and sensors, and fit the ships with its own choice of weapon-systems.

Last edited:
In comparison to the Type-21s, the F-22Ps are great, but still aren't optimal in terms of AAW. This isn't PN's fault as suitable VLS-based systems such as Umkhonto-R and naval IRIS-T SL are still in development. Once available, I'm sure the PN will equip the F-22Ps with one of those systems, possibly in 32-cell VLS format.

IMO, the PN should hold off on additional F-22P, and acquire 4 Type-054A. Instead of acquiring more F-22Ps, it should look into projects such as the South Korean FFX as an alternative. Pakistan can cooperate with Turkey and Italy on the sub-systems, radar and sensors, and fit the ships with its own choice of weapon-systems.

It all comes down to the budget: what Pakistan and PN can afford .

Naval Chief seeks more cooperation with China

BEIJING, Dec 22 (APP): The Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Noman Bashir has said that he looks forward to see more cooperation between China and Pakistan specially in the field of submarine construction.In addition to submarines, the admiral told China Daily that he has talked to Chinese officials regarding buying of larger ships than the current F22P frigates.The China Daily in an interview of the Naval Chief published on Tuesday said Pakistan ordered the F22P frigates from China in 2005. The first, of the four F22P frigates ordered by Pakistan, was delivered in July this year and is already in service.

“The F22P frigate is about 3,000 tons, and now we are talking of 4,000-ton ships. These are big projects and we think the cooperation is important for both the countries.”

Admiral Bashir highly praised the standard of Chinese military technology, saying that China is keeping pace with the changing world and efficiently adopted new technologies.

He said the warships are of the latest technology, and have the all-round capability to target surface ships, aircraft and submarines.

“The F22P frigate can be deployed to complete multi tasks. The ship is balanced for offense and defense, and can be used in both peace and war.”

The admiral said this was his third visit to China this year because Pakistan attaches great importance to its cooperation with China not only regarding naval matters but in other fields also.

He said the F22P and JF-17 Thunder fighter planes are the two major projects in addition to others including development of ammunition, design, equipment and weapons.

The admiral said his country plans to buy more weapons from China in the future, such as bigger ships and missiles.

Zhai Dequan, deputy director of China Arms Control and Disarmament Association said that Pakistan’s proposal for cooperation in the field of submarines is aimed at protecting its sea borders.

i still feel chinese destoyer will make pakistan army more stronger and for iran yes u are our true friends but since indian friendship is attaches with u there always be a cummunication gape and with cummunication gape we cant be best frinds anyway i hope one day u will get rid of indian friendship becoz indians are friends of ur true enemies both publicaly and governmentally israel and usa pakistan governent have relation with usa public hate usa

as a muslim i want to see iran grow its naval equipments till now u just operate kilos and few frigates i want to see iran operate 3 diferet types of sub 10 to 25 ships helicopters etc and new tanks for army too u have good sam system but u need to have good fighter jet and radars to

Back
Top Bottom