What's new

Forumers from Afghanistan- nee your help

EyelessInGaza

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I need ideas on a gift that I want to send from India to a family friend who lives in Afghanistan.

This is the background: A friend and former colleague of my wife's who lives in Herat has sent us some local saffron. It's a small quantity but as I researched it, I realized that saffron can be quite expensive.

Anyway, we want to send a gift to him from India- he has a wife and small daughter.

Obviously we do not want to send him a anything that is easily available there in Afghanistan. Plus he works for the UN so I am sure he has access to stuff like chocolate etc.

I am looking for suggestions on what gift we can send him from India that would be appropriate? Something not easily available in Afghanistan, that his wife/ daughter would appreciate. We were thinking local handicrafts, maybe a kurta or two, but don't know whether that is something they would already have in plenty.

Thanks guys!

*Need* your help.

Things that are available in India are also available in Afghanistan today and these supermarkets here are full of variety of chocolates and heraties have lots of their self made sweets so don't go for them. It is a gift and it would be precious to him even if you send him a key chain but these would be good:

For man: A good perfume/necktie/watch
For his wife: A woolen jacket as it's cold here (you can also send a nice sari)
For his baby: Any good toy.

Back
Top Bottom