What's new

For "Samsung" fanbois......

HTC has good phones but there are certain flaws -

1. They have builtin irreplaceable batteries - which would mean after 500 charges the batteries will become weak and you might have to throw away the phone - that would mean in less than 1 1/2 years.
2. Couple of their phones especially offered in US does not have Microsd card slot.
3. Their User interface sucks bigtime and they have locked up the bootloader unlike Samsung which was shrewd to allow and closely partner with Cyanogenmod to allow their version as well knowing its software sucks as well.

- But HTC developing for google would be better as google will control what is going into the phone as software and it will get rid of the HTC UI and have the basic android which will make the phone more fluid.
Well non replaceable battery and lack of sd card support isn't an issue for me. I have used phone with non replaceable battery and faced no issue and 8 or 16 gb internal memory is more than enough for me. For me built quality is more important than fancy but useless softwares and I'm sucker for all metal design.

yes I agree sense is mostly bloatware but so is touchwiz and none is as fast and fluid as vanilla android. And you wold never get update in times with these oem. that's why I will always go for nexus branding.

if only HTC one was a nexus phone, it would have been the perfect android device.

my samsung fridge and led tv are just awesome.:smitten:

Samsung is one over rated cheap plastic brand. I have S3 and the freaking thing doesnt charge, when I looked that up on the internet, it turned out that all S3 users were facing similar problem and how this faulty piece of **** is considered worlds best fone its beyond me.

just change the charger , or exactly the cable that come with your charger . then you see you'll face no problem any more.

You have no idea the kind of freaking sounds i am hearing atm while trying to charge that damned S3. Here is something for you to have a look at
Galaxy s3 doesn't charge?
Samsung Galaxy S3 Sudden Death Syndrome
Samsung S3 won't charge on mains charger - Android Forums
These are some of the links where you can see that this problem is pretty common and samsung hasnt even bothered to address it. I donot owe my loyalties to any company in particular, but as far as i am concerned from now onwards samsung is a no go for me....besides the Exynos processors werent impressive at all, but that is the least of my concerns.

not exactly Sudden Death problem was in some of the S3 phones not all of them that have been answered 2-3 month ago
and as I said the charging problem is not phone neither charger problem , it's the cable tat come with phone change it with a new one and your problem will be solved , I myself get great result with an old Nokia n97 Data cable
and if the Exynos that come with SIII was not impressive then what was Impressive .

Well non replaceable battery and lack of sd card support isn't an issue for me. I have used phone with non replaceable battery and faced no issue and 8 or 16 gb internal memory is more than enough for me. For me built quality is more important than fancy but useless softwares and I'm sucker for all metal design.

yes I agree sense is mostly bloatware but so is touchwiz and none is as fast and fluid as vanilla android. And you wold never get update in times with these oem. that's why I will always go for nexus branding.

if only HTC one was a nexus phone, it would have been the perfect android device.
wel I don't have any problem with irreplaceable battery , bat lack of SD-CARD was the main reason I choose S3 over HTC one X and it means alot as I'm a Fan of nVIDIA and me choosing Exynos over Tegra talk volumes

not exactly Sudden Death problem was in some of the S3 phones not all of them that have been answered 2-3 month ago
and as I said the charging problem is not phone neither charger problem , it's the cable tat come with phone change it with a new one and your problem will be solved , I myself get great result with an old Nokia n97 Data cable
and if the Exynos that come with SIII was not impressive then what was Impressive .

My bro Samsung S3 got touch screen issue 3 days before and it was sudden death syndrome, it really made my impression bad on Samsung. In fact Samsung still did acknowledge this issue even knowing it.

Meanwhile picked up the blackberry Z10 on a temporary basis(intend to give it away to my wife) while waiting for S4 after the OS upgrade after 1 1/2 on HTC Thunderbolt slowed down the phone completely and made it useless even for a call - Z10 is cool and I like it except for map though honestly I have not tried it yet. Alternatively will try out google map which they sell for couple of dollars.

My bro Samsung S3 got touch screen issue 3 days before and it was sudden death syndrome, it really made my impression bad on Samsung. In fact Samsung still did acknowledge this issue even knowing it.

that issue have been answered in MR2 Version of the firmware , what version of the firmware he use , is he still on Icecream sandwich or he was using JellyBeans

Everything in my home is LG...from TV to my smartphone...My first phone was a samsung and it gave me so much frustration that I vowed never ever to buy a samsung product unless it is the only product available..

Its not the cable or the charger.....it is something else on which samsung doesnt even bother to comment upon. Believe me when I say this, Exynos is no match for Nvidia......currently i am using ASUS TF -700T tablet which carries Tegra 3 and it has never let me down........intially I wanted to get Samsung tab but its screen had some oil slick issues and I am grateful that by not opting for samsung I have dodged a bullet there

Its not the cable or the charger.....its is something else on which samsung doesnt even bother to comment upon. Believe me when I say this Exynos is no match for Nvidia......currently i am using ASUS TF -700T tablet which carries Tegra 3 and it has never let me down........intially I wanted to get Samsung tab but its screen had some oil slick issues and I am grateful that by not opting for samsung I have dodged a bullet there

Well there is no doubt that Exynos 4412 in Galaxy S3 and Note 2 is more powerful than Tegra 3 . but Tegra 3 has better support with Game developers .

By the way what are you meaning by Oil Slick issue on Samsung Tablets , I think Samsung use Super Amoled Screens in Its tablet and Phones that use less power than all the competition and is very bright an clear even in sunny days and at outdoor.

Well there is no doubt that Exynos 4412 in Galaxy S3 and Note 2 is more powerful than Tegra 3 . but Tegra 3 has better support with Game developers .

By the way what are you meaning by Oil Slick issue on Samsung Tablets , I think Samsung use Super Amoled Screens in Its tablet and Phones that use less power than all the competition and is very bright an clear even in sunny days and at outdoor.
Are you kidding me? There is no way Exynos in S3 is powerful than Tegra 3.....ever checked CPU benchmarks?
Fastest Processor - Cell Phones Top List
S4 is on top because its not quadcore, its octacore as for rest you can see one x+ with tegra 3 on second spot way ahead of S3.
For the oil slick
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/369772/samsung-galaxy-tab-screens-marred-by-oil-slick

today evening I got a call from my car dealership SA. they want to update "software" of my car(to fix ac cooling!!). what this world has come to!

Sony fan actually......what part of me saying that "a lot of people across the globe are facing the same problem", did you not understand? A little reasearch wouldnt hurt. Your petty rants are an indication that you are on high dose of biased/sponsored reviews and have no personal experience of the product in question.

Woww!!!! haven't heard of that for a long time!!!

Are you kidding me? There is no way Exynos in S3 is powerful than Tegra 3.....ever checked CPU benchmarks?
Fastest Processor - Cell Phones Top List
S4 is on top because its not quadcore, its octacore as for rest you can see one x+ with tegra 3 on second spot way ahead of S3.
For the oil slick
Samsung Galaxy Tab screens marred by "oil slick" | News | PC Pro

well Galaxy S4 use two processor Some of them use Snapdragon 600 processor which is a quad core processor that is used in the devices with the code of GT-I9505 , the other one is indeed use a octa core Exynos 5410 . well this processor is interesting because if you look at the core configuration it's consisted of Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 what is important is at a time only 4 core of the same family is active if the phone need high calculation power Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 will be active otherwise if the phone is Idle quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 which is a weaker core but far more power efficient are active so the power of the phone has nothing to do with being 8 core but it's due to using a newer architecture which is Cortex A15 compared to Cortex A9 in Tegra 3 and Exynos 4412 and Apple A6.

now about the power of tegra 3 and Exynos 4412 . let be objective the speed of the processor can't be a good comparison (if it was so then The AMD processor would have ate Intel ones for breakfast but the truth is something else) the fact is that Exynos 4412 at 1.6ghz which is used in Note 2 is faster than Tegra 3 AP37 which is used at HTC 1X+ but Exynos 4412 at 1.4Ghz that is used in Galaxy S3 is slower than that processor but faster than original Tegra 3 used in HTC 1X .

these are some benchmark of those processors
HTC One X+ review: The complete package - GSMArena.com
here you see the comparison of the speaker of those phones
HTC One X+ review: The complete package - GSMArena.com

by the way Your link show Galaxy S4 GT-9505 Faster than Galaxy S4 GT-9500 which is wrong

and about that oily patch , to be frank never seen one in real , that must have been some random damaged screen

Woww!!!! haven't heard of that for a long time!!!

Sonny when partnered with Ericson made bunch of lousy phones but after separated its way they are actually making some decent phones

Back
Top Bottom