What's new

First batch of Mi-17B5 helicopters arrived in India

Kinetic

BANNED
Reaction score
More airlifting capability to IAF. :tup:

Russian helicopters arrive in India: Voice of Russia

The first batch of the Russian Mil Mi-17B5 helicopters has arrived at an air base in the Indian northwestern state of Punjab.

For years, India’s air forces have been using Russian Mil Mi-17 helicopters in the conditions of rough mountain terrain in the states of Ladakh, Arunachal Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.

The recent batch consists of upgraded versions of the helicopter to be used for the transportation of troops and military vehicles and for rescue and emergency operations.

The contract for the supply of 80 helicopters worth $1,354bln was clinched in 2008.

All assembly work and checks will be performed by Russian experts accompanying the cargo.

Awesome news!

what is the number of helicopters in this first batch?

4RIA-628911-Preview.jpg

:tup:

It says upgraded versions...can somebody tell me what is upgraded exactly??

Russian_Mi-17B-5.jpg

US-India_YudhAbhyas.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

First Russian MI-17 helicopters delivered to India
Moscow, Russia - Following an agreement signed in 2008

(WAPA) - As anticipated by the local press (see AVIONEWS), India has received the first batch of helicopters Mil Mi-17B5, which landed at the airbase of the State of Punjab. The delivery meets the conditions outlined in a contract signed between Rosoboronexport and the Asian country in 2008, worth 1.354 billion dollars and the purchase of 80 aircraft.

The batch consists of an updated version helicopters to transport troops and military vehicles and for search and rescue missions; a team of Russian experts has accompanied the load and will oversee all stages of assembly.

India has been using the Mi-17 for a long time especially on mountainous areas of the state of Ladakh, Arunachal Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.
(Avionews)

Avionews - Agenzia stampa del settore aeronautico, elicotteristico, aerospaziale e della difesa

@ Contract Killer
I agree with u mate. I mean one of the largest army in the world, forget it...the largest voluntary army in the world don't have its own fleet of transport choppers. Its sad...Indian army has a requirement of around 400-500 transport choppers alone and i hope someone in MOD realise this and provide atleast half of this to IA aviation wing.

@ Contract Killer
I agree with u mate. I mean one of the largest army in the world, forget it...the largest voluntary army in the world don't have its own fleet of transport choppers. Its sad...Indian army has a requirement of around 400-500 transport choppers alone and i hope someone in MOD realise this and provide atleast half of this to IA aviation wing.

For such a Huge Country and Population to Protect & Serve, We need these Helis in Huge numbers.:tup:

India ordered 139 Mi-17 V5. It will significantly improve our air lifting capabilities and swift movement of troops and war machines. Mi-17 V5 can optionally carry weapons like rocket launchers and machine guns.

Mi-17 V5
1830356.jpg

^What is that in front of the engine air intakes?

India ordered 139 Mi-17 V5. It will significantly improve our air lifting capabilities and swift movement of troops and war machines. Mi-17 V5 can optionally carry weapons like rocket launchers and machine guns.

Mi-17 V5
1830356.jpg

^What is that in front of the engine air intakes?

Outdoor Unit of A/C ...........................:laugh::laugh::laugh:

am surprised how members here come out with numbers from their hats . thinking they know best what is required for the defense of our nation .

just be happy for what has come , no need to assert your opinions as to how much we need . i think the air force is in a better position to do that .

Back
Top Bottom