What's new

First ANSF independent Operation "Operation Seemorgh"

Better for the Indains to provide them good business opportunity as well as get their children trained by establishing Schools, High Schools and Universities; separate for Males and Females.

:)

already...many afghan is coming India for education

Funny you say that, but the fact is that the Afghan side has always rejected Pakistan's demand of "securing the border" because they foolishly see it as a violation of their sovereignty, and start shooting at PA troops.

Are you saying that Pakistan cannot secure it's border with Afghanistan if they really want to?

Great job ANSF , kick their sorry ***** ... i wonder how many of the officers who passed the IMA are there ....

To witness the ANSF conduct operations independently, and on such a scale, is indeed encouraging. Operation Seemorgh has been the first largest combined operation in 30 years between the Afghan Air force and the Afghan National Army conducted against the insurgency in Logar Province. The mission consisted of 250 troops who aimed their efforts in clearing and securing the area of insurgents, in which they were successful. It is a proud moment for U.S. military personnel, and all those belonging to coalition nations, who have diligently supported and trained ANSF, to see the progress they have made in such a short time.

I believe we should be less concerned with the number of enemy deaths and focus on the magnitude and the organizational skill required to conduct such an operation. The ANSF mostly consists of people who, a short time ago, were civilians with little to no experience in combat. The ANSF are working hard to build confidence among the Afghan people and would know the difference between an insurgent and a civilian far better than anyone else. We need to realize that this army will be capable of securing the AF-PAK border, to prevent insurgents from crossing over.

Haroon Ahmad
DET – U.S. Central Command
www.facebook.com/centcomurdu

Are you saying that Pakistan cannot secure it's border with Afghanistan if they really want to?

Of course they can, but that would antagonize the Afghan gov and possibly lead to Afghans using violence (just like last time). The last thing Pakistan needs is for Afghanistan to move even closer to India.

To witness the ANSF conduct operations independently, and on such a scale, is indeed encouraging. Operation Seemorgh has been the first largest combined operation in 30 years between the Afghan Air force and the Afghan National Army conducted against the insurgency in Logar Province. The mission consisted of 250 troops who aimed their efforts in clearing and securing the area of insurgents, in which they were successful. It is a proud moment for U.S. military personnel, and all those belonging to coalition nations, who have diligently supported and trained ANSF, to see the progress they have made in such a short time.

I believe we should be less concerned with the number of enemy deaths and focus on the magnitude and the organizational skill required to conduct such an operation. The ANSF mostly consists of people who, a short time ago, were civilians with little to no experience in combat. The ANSF are working hard to build confidence among the Afghan people and would know the difference between an insurgent and a civilian far better than anyone else. We need to realize that this army will be capable of securing the AF-PAK border, to prevent insurgents from crossing over.

Haroon Ahmad
DET – U.S. Central Command
www.facebook.com/centcomurdu

Is there any evidence that you can give which shows that this operation was conducted independently and lead to the successes that the ANSF claim?

Took your time with the reply, didn't you ;)

Still, this doesn't really answer the second part of my comment. Did the operation lead to the successes that the ANSF claim?

It's good that they conducted the operation independently, but considering that we still don't have verification on how successful the operation was and what it achieved, that is worrying to me. This is especially true, because we don't know the long term effects as a result of this operation, which we usually get after an operation is conducted.

Last edited by a moderator:
@A-Team , @Abdaali @Sher Malang whats the update on Seemorgh

I know you didn't ask me, but according to CENTCOM, operation was successful and was completely independently run by ANSF. I asked CENTCOM if the ANSF actually achieved all the successes that they claimed, so far they've declined to answer.

I know you didn't ask me, but according to CENTCOM, operation was successful and was completely independently run by ANSF. I asked CENTCOM if the ANSF actually achieved all the successes that they claimed, so far they've declined to answer.

no probs..

any idea about causalities caused and received ?

@A-Team , @Abdaali @Sher Malang whats the update on Seemorgh

The area is cleared from insurgents, Afghan local police installed in the area, insurgents tried to retake the area but kicked by ALP so far so good! but sadly those thugs are now killing everyone for no reason they have killed young boys in cold blood aged 16, 18 and 21 in my village last week and another young boy 3 days ago. It's just to put back their fear in the hearts of locals as they were not listening to them or valued their orders/demands in the area but nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom