What's new

Finally!!!! India joins the Cryogenic Club-GSLV D5 Successfully launched

GSLV MK III is totally new vehicle and has new technology ...
it will carry passive cryogenic stage ...

This flight is to only study aero-dynamics characteristics ...of design changes in launch vehicle ....Nevertheless it is a great step ...Not to mention it is delayed by 1 year ...

GSLV Mk III will be fully functional by 2017 ...

GSLV MK II will remain work horse for heavy duty launches for next 3-4 years ....

Also
Radhakrishnan noted that in September, the Mars Orbiter will be injected into the Mars orbit while the test flight of GSLV-Mark III version will also include a crew module for characterisation of re-entry from the space.

PDF EXCLUSIVE: NASA Chief Says US was forced to retire Space Shuttles because of induction of JF-17 into PAF.

Meanwhile Riaz Hussain has been selected to be the first man on Mars.He will travel to Mars in a JF-17.

Last edited:
Also
Radhakrishnan noted that in September, the Mars Orbiter will be injected into the Mars orbit while the test flight of GSLV-Mark III version will also include a crew module for characterisation of re-entry from the space.

Yeh sucessful testing of Crew module i.e. space capsule and heat shield , atmospheric re-entry, deployment of parachutes , recovery of capsule is a first crucial step towards realizing human space flight ...( This off course would be dummy space capsule i.e. space capsule sans astronauts ...) .

There will be some robotic space experiments on-board this space capsule ...

Yeh sucessful testing of Crew module i.e. space capsule and heat shield , atmospheric re-entry, deployment of parachutes , recovery of capsule is a first crucial step towards realizing human space flight ...( This off course would be dummy space capsule i.e. space capsule sans astronauts ...) .

Didn't he say 'early 2014', means should be around the corner right?

AppleTransport3.jpg

From this to

17isro1.jpg

and
from this

18090181.jpg

to this

indian-space-cp-5718436.jpg

Hard work and perseverance has paid off.

You know they say this about Indian and Brizlian space programs which were started I believe at the same time. Brazilians had these nice facilities and buildings and stuff while India had a broken down church and bullock carts. initially there was a tendency to take them (brailians) seriously. But in the end hungry Indian scientists ready to make scarifices zoomed ahead and now there is no comparison. It's also the case with cryo tech. Their first experiments were by getting the stuff from some fertilizer factory or something and most of it was lost when thet drove it down in barrels on their vans. But they persisted and today we have become very mature.

Dummy means? Then how the characterization of capsule will be done?

You know they say this about Indian and Brizlian space programs which were started I believe at the same time. Brazilians had these nice facilities and buildings and stuff while India had a broken down church and bullock carts. initially there was a tendency to take them (brailians) seriously. But in the end hungry Indian scientists ready to make scarifices zoomed ahead and now there is no comparison. It's also the case with cryo tech. Their first experiments were by getting the stuff from some fertilizer factory or something and most of it was lost when thet drove it down in barrels on their vans. But they persisted and today we have become very mature.

ISRO-a true Cinderella story

Laugh all you can but the truth is copying from Russian cryogenic engine which was supplied and claiming it was Indigenous. The real credit goes to Russia. In any case, all your satellites will be useless in a war when JF-17 fires its ASAT weapon. Pakistan already knows how to level the playing field in case of war, only they dont publish all their capabilities like indians do.

Also

Frankly speaking ISRO has capability to launch dog , monkey etc whatever animals to space ...since so called crew module has already been tested once before ...

But I guess ISRO does not want to go along that path ...

I believe ISRO will directly embark upon Human space flight when man-rated Launch vehicle and space capsule is ready ...

May be after another 5-10 years we can expect Human space flight ....may be !

Back
Top Bottom