What's new

Fighter deal by March 2012

Even if they award the deal by march 2012. Induction of those fighters won't happen before 2014.

I think India will cancel the order and put all the eggs in a 5th generation fighter. In the mean time, prevent people doing business with Pakistan

I think India will cancel the order and put all the eggs in a 5th generation fighter. In the mean time, prevent people doing business with Pakistan

:lol: You are talking as if Pakistan actually has the funds and the requirement of what India is currently pursuing and you think all these international giant companies are morons that they dont realize that India is just wasting time and will ultimately cancel this deal abruptly and then what about China, how will India stand up to China without anew procurements?

Come on man, get a little realistic, MMRCA will be reality and that too very soon.

And the plane that will win MMRCA will be here to stay. Indian money will keep the production lines going for more than a decade and maintenance and support for the entire plane life.

:lol: You are talking as if Pakistan actually has the funds and the requirement of what India is currently pursuing and you think all these international giant companies are morons that they dont realize that India is just wasting time and will ultimately cancel this deal abruptly and then what about China, how will India stand up to China without anew procurements?

Come on man, get a little realistic, MMRCA will be reality and that too very soon.

And the plane that will win MMRCA will be here to stay. Indian money will keep the production lines going for more than a decade and maintenance and support for the entire plane life.

Begs an important question. Will India develop its own J-11B off of the MMRCA?

MMRCA Contract By Sept, Unless Spoilsports Shaft Our Decision: IAF Chief​

05TH-NAIK_263320f.jpg

"Price negotiations for the MMRCA begin in a week or two. I am hopeful of a decision by September this year, unless dissatisfied vendors put a spoke in the wheel (sic)," said Indian Air Force chief PV Naik today at Aero India 2011. The chief pointed out that all hurdles pertaining to offsets had been sorted out, and that if price negotiations began on schedule in the next two weeks, he was hopeful of a final contract decision by September. "But you know how it is," the chief said, "Others may try to put a spoke in the wheel. And if that happens, everything takes its own course."

In other developments, the IAF chief announced that the IAF Mirage-2000 upgrade contract would be signed before the end of March this year. "The draft report is with the MoD, it will be concluded this financial year," said the IAF Deputy Chief. Air Chief Naik commented, "It was a very difficult negotiation, but results will now come very fast."

The IAF chief announced that his service would shortly order 50 more Mi-17-V5 helicopters from Russia as a follow on to the 80 contracted in 2008 and which begin delivery in March.

Livefist: MMRCA Contract By Sept, Unless Spoilsports Shaft Our Decision: IAF Chief

:cheers:

Last day Antony said that 'MMRCA won't be a political decision'.
now i seriously doubt that statement :sick:
now it feels like 'just buy anything, but do it quick':frown:

That's what I mean, how much is India willing to piss off the US, France, Sweden etc to obtain a 100% indigenous fighter.

Its time frame that matters..When we will be in the position to counter their allegations , we will do this..It also depends on the relationships..
We have previously done some major tweaking in Mirage and any other country would be really p!$$ed off..Yet we are offered top of the line French fries..

It really doesn't matter what our IAF chief says. MMRCA deal won't finalize unless MOD and stupid Antony 'act seriously'.

I wish we had dharam paji with interest in such matters , he would say to Defence ministry "kutte kaminey aur kitney din wait karaayega?? jaldi decision le nahi to cheer ke rakh dunga :P"

Wow, pretty obvious!! One more year for the corrupt babus to cash in big time on the deal!! Our beaurocracy is both inefficient and corrupt!!! Makes me sick!!

What the hell is going on??/ Here is another news....

Multi-role jet deal in April, says Antony
BANGALORE: Defence minister A K Antony on Wednesday said the Centre may close the medium multi-role combat aircraft ( MMRCA) deal by April 2011.

Asked if the MMRCA deal would be influenced by the increasing role played by US in supporting India, Antony said, "Some more formalities are needed. We are progressing well. I am not an astrologer to say who will win the deal. But our policy is not country-centric. Further, there will be no political decision or interference over any defence acquisition, including the MMRCA."

About acquisition of helicopters for IAF, he said, "All acquisitions are proceeding well. It's tough to elaborate on details and exact timeframe but we are confident that IAF will get all that they want to fight for the country."

It would take another three years for induction of Tejas Mark II. "Our focus now is Mark I that will be inducted in 2012. Mark II should be inducted by 2015," he said.

source : Multi-role jet deal in April, says Antony - The Times of India

First of all its a vague assumption by many member's that 4.5 will be outdated by the time we induct it,it is here to stay for 2 more decades

Even now most of the nation's workforce plane belong's to 4th gen though 5th gen had already arrived.

And actually how many nation's posses this 5th gen tech,just some 2 or 3,rest all being partners.

4.5 will keep maturing with time,and we will also get its updates.

We had waited so long anyway,it does not matter if decision is made 1 yr late,sky will not get turned upside down.

Back
Top Bottom