What's new

Fate of U.S. Jewish vote in question following surprise Republican win

hawx

Reaction score
The turmoil in the wake of a special vote to elect a new representative for a New York City district seems to refuse to die away, with many seeing the upset Republican victory as an indication of a swing in the Jewish vote ahead of the 2012 presidential elections.

Retired media executive and political novice Bob Turner defeated Democratic state Assemblyman David Weprin in a special election Tuesday to succeed Rep. Anthony Weiner, a seven-term Democrat who resigned in June after a sex texting scandal.

But a big story coming out of the elections seems to be the fact that the once Democratic and Jewish stronghold has ceded power over to the Republican Party because of Obama's policy toward Israel and the Middle East.

In a statement released following the Republican victory, the Republican Jewish Coalition said that the victory "in an overwhelmingly Democrat district is a significant indicator of the problem that President Obama has in the Jewish community."

"While party leaders scramble to deny and try to stem the erosion of Jewish support for Democrats, the real issue is this President's policies on Israel, on jobs, and on the economy," the statement said, adding: "Jewish voters are coming to see that Republicans offer real solutions to our economic crisis, are resolute friends of Israel, and represent a way forward to a better future."

Democratic Party Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz , however, countered Republican claims of a Jewish vote-swing, telling reporters that she was "confident that the President all over the country will receive once again an overwhelming majority of the Jewish vote, and this president has an incredibly strong credit on Israel and strong credit on domestic issues.‬"

The unexpected Republican win, and its supposed consequences in regard to Jewish support of the Democratic party, also garnered a response from the White House, with spokesman Jay Carney saying that the "special elections are often unique and their outcomes do not tell you very much about future regularly scheduled elections."

"Are Americans in general anxious, not happy with Washington? The answer is yes. And I would say, as we’ve said, that every elected member of Congress -- elected official, rather, who is up for election in 14 months needs to take that mood very seriously. And the President certainly does, because he knows he works for the American people -- that’s why he’s out there pushing the jobs act. And he believes that members of Congress need to take it seriously as well," Carney added.

source

Obama playing with fire ?
he is not gonna win for sure !
Republicans in power,good for india also.

Obama is starting to lose support from the Jews. Thus, he will lose the election.

Whoever the Jews, the Anglos and the military support, will "win" the "election", whatever the hell that means.

Long live "AmeriKKKan Democracy" :lol:

Obama is starting to lose support from the Jews. Thus, he will lose the election.

Whoever the Jews, the Anglos and the military support, will "win" the "election", whatever the hell that means.

Long live "AmeriKKKan Democracy" :lol:

Again, you are a tool, parroting garbage that you think others want to hear.

I'll ask a simple question. Who did the Jews primarily support in 2008 for U.S. President?

A) John McCain
B) Obama

Pick one. Then reflect on what really happened in 2008.

Again, you are a tool, parroting garbage that you think others want to hear.

I'll ask a simple question. Who did the Jews primarily support in 2008 for U.S. President?

A) John McCain
B) Obama

Pick one. Then reflect on what really happened in 2008.

I'd say AIPAC funded both parties, that way they can't lose. See the following video on youtube: "AIPAC 101 — What Every American Should Know"

Money should be taken away from Zionist and not allowed to take part in government and media , oh wait it was already tried in ww2 lol hahaa silly me

Hitler was onto something there no wonder Zionist are obsessed with making movies about Hitler every year

When Christians go to Israel, The Zionist Jews spit on them. If Christians spat on them, maybe Spielberg would have made a movie called Spitters List :rofl:

2008 Jewish Vote for Obama Exceeds All Expectations | NJDC

Obama won.

What's your point? Did you want to prove me right so badly?

Israel desperately wanted McCain. He was seen as far more hawkish and hard-line than Obama. Yet obviously Obama won. Hmmm.

The majority of Jews in the USA vote democrat - traditionally the party more interested in talk than fight.

What it boils down to - unless you can prove voter fraud, then every Jew, zionist or not, gets the same vote as everybody else, and Jews are 3% of the population of the USA.

The problem is every thing can be resolved if Jews just give a dignified state to Palestinians and both countries sign a no military pact

End of problem

Jews are 3% of the population of the USA.

you didnt count the zionist butt lickers and those far right christians. somethimes i wish usa had more parties you could vote for, in that case the lobbies in the us would be messed up. and the parliament wouldnt be a bunch of war mongering idiots.

The vote will not go through until palestine recognises Israel as the jewish state.

Back
Top Bottom