What's new

Failure: Covert French spec ops strike in Somalia,ends in disaster.

I wonder which one of your respective militaries, Indian or Pakistani could have done a better job.

But by all means, carry on gloating...

Just out of curiosity @Aeronaut , if i come into the thread about the recent bombings in Pakistan, and start gloating how it was a "failure" on the account of int. services. Would i get infracted?

Whatever your answer will be, i wont do it in any case, just wanted to show you how things can go around quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
France need to learn to mind its own business, and stop interfering in other nations just recently they sent troops to Mali.. They should have sent them under the UN.... France messed up Libya...... what is France trying to do??

Malian government asked them to help.

Under cover from French fighter planes and attack helicopters, Malian troops routed a rebel convoy and drove the Islamists out of the strategic central town of Konna, which they had seized on Thursday. A senior army officer in the capital Bamako said more than 100 rebel fighters had been killed.
A French pilot died on Friday when rebels shot down his helicopter near the town of Mopti.

A resident in the northern city of Gao, one of the Islamists' strongholds, reported scores of rebel fighters were retreating northward in pickup trucks on Saturday.

"The hospital here is overwhelmed with injured and dead," he said, asking not to be identified for fear of reprisals.

In Konna, a shopkeeper reported seeing scores of dead Islamist fighters piled in the streets, as well as the bodies of dozens of uniformed soldiers.
A senior official with Mali's presidency announced on state television that 11 Malian soldiers had been killed in the battle for Konna, with around 60 others injured.

France bombs Mali rebels, African states ready troops | Reuters

Due to the loss of one Gazelle helicopter and it's pilot, the other that also took part in the operation has been grounded and a pretty reliable French armed forces blog announced they are bringing attack helicopters in.
This is the part where gloating would be justified, ie bringing unarmored, weak plexiglass cockpit helicopters into a conflict zone, instead of armored ones. Gross negligence on the part of the French.

http://lemamouth.blogspot.fr/2013/01/une-bande-qui-en-dit-long-mais-pas-tout.html
In French, use Google translate.

Not good .How many Al shabab did they manage to kill though ?

They should have relied on the somali troops and AMISOM to do the job in Somalia . They understand the region and country and have done a good job weaking Al shabaab majorly in Somalia till now.

Not good .How many Al shabab did they manage to kill though ?

They should have relied on the somali troops and AMISOM to do the job in Somalia . They understand the region and country and have done a good job weaking Al shabaab majorly in Somalia till now.

Good Morning Dumbo? Did you read? The Special Ops was to rescue a French Hostage and the Malian Govt. Ops was to a different request.

Good Morning Dumbo? Did you read? The Special Ops was to rescue a French Hostage and the Malian Govt. Ops was to a different request.

Yes and the Somali troops and/or the AMISOM could have rescued the hostage. They have done a good job against Al-Shabaab till now , smarta$$.

I can kind of understand why your Post to Thank ratio is one of the bloody lowest on the forum. I will remember before reading your post next time.

This also shows just how AMAZINGLY AMAZING United States Military Might is.

They can pull off much harder operations with just a tip of the hat!!!

I think the french used the Army spec ops here.

According to french posters on another forum they used external intelligence spec ops unit. I would guess because the guy they went to save also belonged to the same service.

Anyway in spec force ops sometimes **** does hit the fan. Its nothing new.

Agreed. Sadly it didnt work out.
On the plus side, now that there is no more hostage to be freed, bombs away.....

I
That was dark humour.

Just pragmatism. Make the bastards pay for killing 2 or 3 (still dont know for sure if 2 from rescue squad died or one+hostage) Frenchmen. Now that the obstacle (from a mission planning viewpoint) of having to take into account a hostage is non-existant, what is there to stop them.
Time is right for some laser guided democracy.

This also shows just how AMAZINGLY AMAZING United States Military Might is.

They can pull off much harder operations with just a tip of the hat!!!

what's their annual defence budget?

I am surprised to read ppl criticizing the French Ops .

From a professional stand point any thing can go wrong in a professional situation any time. They too must have done their drills and collected as much intel as possible before they went into Somalia & Mali.

I think their courage needs to be commended . While there is never a doubt in the courage of Military ppl the world over - its the Political leadership that also needs to be commended for having the courage to enforce its will beyond its borders for its national interests.

How many of our leaders have the courage to give the green signal for such Ops ?

I may or may not agree them on what they did but I respect the courage IG & her son displayed .

Nonetheless they killed 17 al shabab fighters in process . and this is surely escalating !!

And France is doing for sake of humanity?? They are fighting the same group (ideology) that they are supporting in Syria....

Yes, agreed, it does support a coalition in which extremist elements are present. Hopefully it does not get hijacked by the Brotherhood or their sponsors like the revolution in Egypt.

Meanwhile in UK

65850_10152377023910012_1989724567_n.jpg

299588_10152377025600012_869426754_n.jpg

Livin it up in UK and demanding Sharia in Mali . Khilafah as well . LOL

Back
Top Bottom