What's new

Failed states don't hold literature festivals: Anatol Lieven

Bl[i]tZ;2597559 said:
No, because either it means that even Somalia is not a failed state (meaning there are no failed states ::rofl:) or :pakistan:

hehe- if Pakistan and Somalia can have literature festivals- i am sure india had alot of them aswell-
So- it means india is a failed state too- :tup:-
you see- foolishness and stupidity goes both ways-

You live in Pakistan you have no idea about India and how the average Indian lives

Per Capita Income for India- $1600
Per Capita Income for Pakistan- $1100

Check anywhere CIA world factbook,WB, IMF etc
The average indian is FAR BETTER off than the average pakistani.

Actually, India's GNI per capita (Atlas method, US$) is $1220, whereas Pakistan's is $1000. Not a big difference.

Pakistan also has a bigger Labor force (% of population) than India. Pakistan also has lower poverty levels, a bigger middle class, much better income distribution than India, as well as much lower unemployment rates than India.

Pakistan also has a better Life expectancy at birth (years) than India, less child malnutrition (% of children under 5), greater access to improved water source (% of population), less aids than India, more access to toilets than India, amongst many other things.

Pakistan's (public debt/GDP) ratio is lower than India's, Pakistan's current account balance is much better than India's. India is a net importer; & imports oil, natural gas, electricity in huge amounts; whereas Pakistan does not even import natural gas or electricity.

As well as many other things. So it's better to keep your trap shut.

Actually, India's GNI per capita (Atlas method, US$) is $1220, whereas Pakistan's is $1000. Not a big difference.

Pakistan also has a bigger Labor force (% of population) than India. Pakistan also has lower poverty levels, a bigger middle class, much better income distribution than India, as well as much lower unemployment rates than India.

Pakistan also has a better Life expectancy at birth (years) than India, less child malnutrition (% of children under 5), greater access to improved water source (% of population), less aids than India, more access to toilets than India, amongst many other things.

Pakistan's (public debt/GDP) ratio is lower than India's, Pakistan's current account balance is much better than India's. India is a net importer; & imports oil, natural gas, electricity in huge amounts; whereas Pakistan does not even import natural gas or electricity.

As well as many other things. So it's better to keep your trap shut.

Pakistan's HDI rating is way lower than India.

Pakistan's HDI rating is way lower than India.

The last time I checked, its a bit lower; but that's because there are certain things Pakistan is better at than India (poverty levels, malnutrition, access to sanitation, income distribution, gender inquality index), while there are certain things India is better at than Pakistan (per capita income, education) in the HDI index.

The factors India is better at have more weight than the ones Pakistan is better at. The overall result is that India is slightly better at the HDI than Pakistan, but not by much. I hope you understand what I am saying now. Thanks.

The last time I checked, its a bit lower; but that's because there are certain things Pakistan is better at than India (poverty levels, malnutrition, access to sanitation, income distribution, gender inquality index), while there are certain things India is better at than Pakistan (per capita income, education) in the HDI index.

The factors India is better at have more weight than the ones Pakistan is better at. The overall result is that India is slightly better at the HDI than Pakistan, but not by much. I hope you understand what I am saying now. Thanks.

Pakistan is better by miniscule only ..not significantly... India has done well in most of sector are continuing improving while the same can't be say for Pkaistan where all kind of problems are increasing day by day.. Pakistan's trend is in negative while India is in positive.

Pakistan is better by miniscule only ..not significantly... India has done well in most of sector are continuing improving while the same can't be say for Pkaistan where all kind of problems are increasing day by day.. Pakistan's trend is in negative while India is in positive.

You are entitled to your opinion, however wrong it is.

the only thing make indians united is there obesity with Pakistan....
cannt u fools spare any topic from comparing Pak Vs Ind? or this is the only thing which satisfies u guys tht u r progressing?

Thank You Pakistan, for being the uniting factor for us Indians.. But dont let this secret out to people like Hafiz Saeed and other hawkish and extremist India haters. They will go and even destroy Pakistan to try and ununite India :D.. They are anyway half way there already..

10k people showed up at the Karachi LF and 2 lakh at the Difa-e-Pakistan rally in Karachi on the same day, that tells you about where pakistan is headed. :)

Let me refute some of the claims made by Bilal. India Pak contrasted.

India's GDP per captia (PPP) 1.4 times that of Paksitan

World Bank, World Development Indicators | India & Pakistan | GDP per captia)

India's GDP (PPP), 10 times that of Pakistan

World Bank, World Development Indicators | India & Pakistan | GDP

India's exports as a % age of GDP 18.5%, Pakistan's 13%

World Bank, World Development Indicators | India & Pakistan | Exports as % of GDP

Cash Surplus/Deficit (% of GDP) | India -4.89%, Pakistan -5.06%

World Bank, World Development Indicators | India & Pakistan | Cash Surplus/Deficit (% of GDP)

Bl[i]tZ;2597892 said:
Let me refute some of the claims made by Bilal. India Pak contrasted.

India's GDP per captia (PPP) 1.4 times that of Paksitan

World Bank, World Development Indicators | India & Pakistan | GDP per captia)

I guess you don't understand the difference between GDP & GNI. I gave you figures of the GNI (Atlas method, US$), which is a different measure from the GDP (the GNI is a better measure though). Pakistan's GNI (Atlas method, US$) is $1000, whereas India's is $1220.

http://devdata.worldbank.org/AAG/pak_aag.pdf

http://devdata.worldbank.org/AAG/ind_aag.pdf

India's GDP (PPP), 10 times that of Pakistan

India also has 7 times the population of Pakistan.

The question is, what do you export? And what do you import?

Also India exports more as % of GDP than Pakistan, but imports more than Pakistan as % of GDP. India's imports are 25% of its GDP, whereas Pakistan's imports are 19% of Pakistan's GDP.

You are not countering any of my points. My points still stand, that India does much worse than Pakistan on many socioeconomic, development indicators.

hehe- if Pakistan and Somalia can have literature festivals- i am sure india had alot of them aswell-
So- it means india is a failed state too- :tup:-
you see- foolishness and stupidity goes both ways-

OMG! This is the limit. Don't you guys understand anything, at all?:what:

I guess you don't understand the difference between GDP & GNI. I gave you figures of the GNI (Atlas method, US$), which is a different measure from the GDP. Pakistan's GNI (Atlas method, US$) is $1000, whereas India's is $1220.

http://devdata.worldbank.org/AAG/pak_aag.pdf

http://devdata.worldbank.org/AAG/ind_aag.pdf

India also has 7 times the population of Pakistan.

The question is, what do you export? And what do you import?

Also India exports more as % of GDP than Pakistan, but imports more than Pakistan as % of GDP. India's imports are 25% of its GDP, whereas Pakistan's imports are 19% of Pakistan's GDP.

You are not countering any of my points. My points still stand, that India does much worse than Pakistan on many socioeconomic, development indicators.

:lol: are you serious or an Idiot ? Import export doesn't make a country good or bad. India trade is alomost 20 times bigger than Pkaistan which means we are 20 times bigger market than Pkaistan we have the money to buy goods. Pakistan has a surplus against US does it means Pakistan is better than US ? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom