What's new

F-22 Production Line Back on Track: Lockheed

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
F-22 Production Line Back on Track: Lockheed

Lockheed Martin's F-22 Raptor production line is back on track after the U.S. Air Force's fleet-wide grounding of the jet had disrupted deliveries to the service, the company said.

120511dn-f22-315.JPG

"We are delivering jets," said Lockheed spokeswoman Alison Orne. "The last one delivered was 4185. 4195 will be delivered in late spring 2012."

Tail number AF 09-4185 has technically been delivered with the signing of a DD-250 form, but the stealthy fifth-generation fighter is currently undergoing government flight tests. After the completion of the tests this week, the Air Force's 1st Fighter Wing will fly the jet to Langley Air Force Base, Va., where it will be based.

"It is scheduled to depart for Langley on Dec. 8," Orne said.

The final Raptor to be built, AF 09-4195, will also be delivered to Langley, where it will fly with the 1st Fighter Wing's 27th Fighter Squadron, the service's oldest fighter unit. It is expected to be delivered in Spring 2012, according to Lockheed.

F-22 Production Line Back on Track: Lockheed - Defense News

It looks F35 wont be superior then F22.

The F-22 is superior to the F-35. Add the F-35s avionics to the F-22 and we have a god.

This makes sense , There was too many news of US buying used Sea harriers , reviving F-15 , failure of F-35

F22 can carry only 2500kg internally:hitwall:

Air Superiority fighter don't need to carry much ammunition...

MRCA abd Ground attack fighter need high loading capability... :) I will suggest you to read these articles...

Multirole combat aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ground-attack aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interceptor aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Air superiority fighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Air superiority fighters are designed to effectively engage enemy fighters, more than other types of aircraft. They are usually more expensive and procured in fewer numbers than multirole fighters.

Hope you understand why F22 carry lesser Missiles...and no bomb ???

This is great news. we need the babies back to counter the indian and russian and chinese 5th gen fighters.

F22 can carry only 2500kg internally:hitwall:

MRCA abd Ground attack fighter need high loading capability... :) I will suggest you to read these articles...

Air superiority fighters are designed to effectively engage enemy fighters, more than other types of aircraft. They are usually more expensive and procured in fewer numbers than multirole fighters.

Look at it this way...If my F-22s can clear the sky of the enemy, the rest of my fleet can be WW I era biplanes and I will still win the war. Probably more difficult, but win nevertheless. A dedicated 'killer' and a highly capable 'jack-of-all-trades'.

You are talking about internal carriage.
With external storage. the F-22 can carry a total of 16 missiles..2 more than the Flanker series.

A F-22 armed with 8SDB's, 2 Aim-120's.. and 2 sidewinders can hit eight targets and defend itself with ease(rather prey on some unsuspecting fellow) without the enemy even knowing what hit it.

Do you know that US is still seriously concerned about that . Though F22 is used for air superiority, it should carry a decent amount of payload , after all F22 cannot keep on Chinese planes . This is an era of Multi Role , though every aircraft has a special tag, whether air superiority or ground attack, it should be able to perform a2a as well as a2g missions . Pure Air superiority doesnt make any sense and that is the reason why US is integrating its laser guided bunker busters for F22 . On the other hand F35 lacks air superiority and PAKFA lacks stealth and J20 lacks many features. For example see the amount of payload carried by other air superiority aircrafts like Su35,Eurofighter etc.

Do you know that US is still seriously concerned about that . Though F22 is used for air superiority, it should carry a decent amount of payload , after all F22 cannot keep on Chinese planes . This is an era of Multi Role , though every aircraft has a special tag, whether air superiority or ground attack, it should be able to perform a2a as well as a2g missions . Pure Air superiority doesnt make any sense and that is the reason why US is integrating its laser guided bunker busters for F22 . On the other hand F35 lacks air superiority and PAKFA lacks stealth and J20 lacks many features. For example see the amount of payload carried by other air superiority aircrafts in internal bays like Su35,Eurofighter etc.

since when does eurofighter and su-35 have an internal bay?

Look at it this way...If my F-22s can clear the sky of the enemy, the rest of my fleet can be WW I era biplanes and I will still win the war. Probably more difficult, but win nevertheless. A dedicated 'killer' and a highly capable 'jack-of-all-trades'.
F22s cant clear the sky particularly in the era of SAM's spread all over your enemy territory :tup:.
May be F22 were designed only to carry LGB's and nukes .

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

since when does eurofighter and su-35 have an internal bay?
oh iam sorry i mean PAKFA
hey su35 has internal bay:undecided:

Do you know that US is still seriously concerned about that . Though F22 is used for air superiority, it should carry a decent amount of payload , after all F22 cannot keep on Chinese planes . This is an era of Multi Role , though every aircraft has a special tag, whether air superiority or ground attack, it should be able to perform a2a as well as a2g missions . Pure Air superiority doesnt make any sense and that is the reason why US is integrating its laser guided bunker busters for F22 . On the other hand F35 lacks air superiority and PAKFA lacks stealth and J20 lacks many features. For example see the amount of payload carried by other air superiority aircrafts in internal bays like Su35,Eurofighter etc.
are you for real
ef2k and su 35 with internal bays?
pakfa and j20 lack many features.
so what
they arent anywhere close to finish yet

Back
Top Bottom