What's new

F-14A vs F-15I

The electronic warfare kit will alone down the Iranian F-14s. No offence but those are nothing but flying museums.

no prob brah , but u should seriously reconsider your source of info , since your completely miss guided

this is actually the first time i see someone talking cheap of persiancat!

This isn't even a fair fight. As much as I love the F-14 (it's a beautiful fighter), Iran's F-14s are no match for the Israeli F-15s. Israel has had plenty of resources to keep them in top condition and even upgrade them with the latest avionics, but the Iranian F-14s are old and even if they have been upgraded, their upgrades aren't enough for them to be able to match the F-15's upgrades.

The F-15I wins hands down, it's not even a close match.

i know what u mean , we dont want to be illogical here , but forget the fact that persiancat has an awacs-like radar , ultra long range missile (phoenix , in which f-15 doesnt have that kind of missiles) , the advanced upgrades installed on f-14 and....

pretty much in a long range fight f-15 has no chance , and visa vers , f-14 has little chance in close combat .......

no prob brah , but u should seriously reconsider your source of info , since your completely miss guided

You really think you can counter F-15 EW suites? Really? Patriotism is one thing, but blind trust/faith is another. The US are very well aware of your F-14 capabilities and have plenty ways of countering it. It's not cheap talk, just straight one.

You really think you can counter F-15 EW suites? Really? Patriotism is one thing, but blind trust/faith is another. The US are very well aware of your F-14 capabilities and have plenty ways of countering it. It's not cheap talk, just straight one.

well what should i tell someone with this much knowledge :

The electronic warfare kit will alone down the Iranian F-14s.

Yeah i am right, IrAF is the weakest link. Am i wrong in the assessment?

i know what u mean , we dont want to be illogical here , but forget the fact that persiancat has an awacs-like radar , ultra long range missile (phoenix , in which f-15 doesnt have that kind of missiles) , the advanced upgrades installed on f-14 and....

pretty much in a long range fight f-15 has no chance , and visa vers , f-14 has little chance in close combat .......

Phoenix missiles are known to not be that...accurate. There is a reason why the US stopped making them after getting fed up with their incompetent design.

Still, it's the only thing Iran has that can threaten US and Israeli air superiority, but it's not much if you ask me.

Phoenix missiles are known to not be that...accurate. There is a reason why the US stopped making them after getting fed up with their incompetent design.

Still, it's the only thing Iran has that can threaten US and Israeli air superiority, but it's not much if you ask me.

well as much as i know (i'm not trying to be idiot nationalist here) phoenix is known for its deadliness !!!

+iran has upgraded AIM-54 missile dubbed as FAKOUR which also feature upgraded seeking system .....

http://theaviationist.com/2013/09/04/iranian-f-14-tomcat-camo/#.UlglHVCVOWo

well as much as i know (i'm not trying to be idiot nationalist here) phoenix is known for its deadliness !!!

+iran has upgraded AIM-54 missile dubbed as FAKOUR which also feature upgraded seeking system .....

The Aviationist » Iranian F-14 Tomcat fighter jets get a modern “splinter” color scheme

I appreciate you're being open minded here, there is nothing worse than a nationalistic that can't get over his blind loyalty to his nation to see the truth.

Having said that, I know about the fakour, but we still don't know how capable it is and what sort of upgrades it has. Until we see it shoot down a target even in practice, it shouldn't even be considered a mature and operational weapons system.

Also, I believe this is the article you're looking for.

The Aviationist » Iranian F-14 Tomcat’s “new” indigenous air-to-air missile is actually an (improved?) AIM-54 Phoenix replica

You posted the wrong article.

well maybe @mohsen could help here a little bit ......

Also, I believe this is the article you're looking for.
You posted the wrong article.

no !! actually bellow the picture there is some info being given and u can see fakour as being "AIM-54+"

i mean even david cenciotti as a known anti-iranian weblog owner !!! stated that fakour is the upgraded version of phoenix

Last edited by a moderator:
The electronic warfare kit will alone down the Iranian F-14s. No offence but those are nothing but flying museums.
let me tell you a memo from one of our F-14 pilots. during Iran-Iraq war they headed toward Iraq's new fighters recieved from france, but suddenly he noticed that his radar is jammed and none of his missiles work, his co pilot asked him to return but he refused and said if we return, Iraqis will notic that their jammers are working. so our pilots didn't return, a few seconds later Iraqis thought their jammers are ineffective and returned.

so we are well aware what the heck an electronic warfare is, we noticed our weakness about 30 years ago. today nothing under hood of these F-14s is the same. you think capturing of RQ-170 was a coincidence?

well maybe @mohsen could help here a little bit ......

no !! actually bellow the picture there is some info being given and u can see fakour as being "AIM-54+"

i mean even david cenciotti as a known anti-iranian weblog owner !!! stated that fakour is the upgraded version of phoenix

No, he simply stating what Iran claims to have done, that's not really the same thing. I'm not David, I don't share a lot of his opinions nor do I consider him an "expert".

I'd like to point out that the logic of "your side said it too so it must be true" is sketchy at best and hold no real merit.

Last edited by a moderator:
let me tell you a memo from one of our F-14 pilots. during Iran-Iraq war they headed toward Iraq's new fighters recieved from france, but suddenly he noticed that his radar is jammed and none of his missiles work, his co pilot asked him to return but he refused and said if we return, Iraqis will notic that their jammers are working. so our pilots didn't return, a few seconds later Iraqis thought their jammers are ineffective and returned.

so we are well aware what the heck an electronic warfare is, we noticed our weakness about 30 years ago. today nothing under hood of these F-14s is the same. you think capturing of RQ-170 was a coincidence?

No doubt you are well aware, but being aware doesnt men you have a solution to every problem. Downing a drone making use non-encrypted communication line doesnt mean be all. You got lucky, ofcourse it requires resources and capabilities. But comparing American capabilities, they lead in air warfare, to yours is unfair and downright dangerous.

No doubt you are well aware, but being aware doesnt men you have a solution to every problem. Downing a drone making use non-encrypted communication line doesnt mean be all. You got lucky, ofcourse it requires resources and capabilities. But comparing American capabilities, they lead in air warfare, to yours is unfair and downright dangerous.

who said RQ-170 used unencrypted line for guidance and such , that sky-grabber fiasco in Iraq was fixed at the time andit was only about video feed not anything else

by the way how come before we show a documentary about the incident every body had said it was impossible that we landed the drone because it used triple military grade encrypted lines for communication but now it become off the shelf and unsecured equipment and communication ?

Back
Top Bottom