What's new

Expect a Chinese attack by June / July

Well I trust NDTV. So it must be true.
Even if it is not, you guys have to make it true. :)

I feel cheated by NDTV now, how can they publish Bharat Varma.

he didn t spare NDTV also.....................:hitwall:

The thing that puzzles me is not the article itself, but most comments on this article from rediff.com. It seems that a lot of people are actually buying this, even after India has been purchasing so many weapons in recent years.

I am just curious who are the average audience of rediff.com?

One thing I don't understand if why India bought so many weapons instead of investigating the money into its own research and production. Is that because of lobbying from military guys like this so that the government believes there's an imminent war?

The thing that puzzles me is not the article itself, but most comments on this article from rediff.com. It seems that a lot of people are actually buying this, even after India has been purchasing so many weapons in recent years.

One thing I don't understand if why India bought so many weapons instead of investigating the money into its own research and production. Is that because of lobbying from military guys like this so that the government believes there's an imminent war?
No diferrences to buy or make weapons for a nation's defence but just make alternative methods for earning money.
Indian government know there must be only limited conflicts with China,no large scale war let alone nuclear war.

Some fanboys?

And India didn't buy SO MANY weapons. India's budget is $34 billion which is 2.8% of India's annual budget. I think anything less than 3% is reasonable on budget. Whereas China's budget is $114 billion which is 2.2% of it's annual budget and just as China's economy grew at roughly 10% in last decade, India's economy grew at roughly 8-9% as well. so even if India doesn't increase the percentage od defence expenditure it would increase it by 8-9% :)

And in India it doesn't work like that. Security takes commands ministry of defence not the other way round. Government decides this not the security forces. They can albeit, notify the government of their needs but government decides everything. :)

Some fanboys?

And India didn't buy SO MANY weapons. India's budget is $34 billion which is 2.8% of India's annual budget. I think anything less than 3% is reasonable on budget. Whereas China's budget is $114 billion which is 2.2% of it's annual budget and just as China's economy grew at roughly 10% in last decade, India's economy grew at roughly 8-9% as well. so even if India doesn't increase the percentage od defence expenditure it would increase it by 8-9% :)

I am not questioning about the budget itself, which is perfectly reasonable. I am asking why don't India spend all those budget into its own military research and production? China used to buy a lot of weapons because there was imminent threat from US/Soviet Union. Nowadays China didn't buy much. I think in long term it is more beneficial to improve one's own technologies. That's why I am wondering whether Indian government perceives an imminent threat.

Rediff is for right wing trolls, and half wits. Same with Times of India.
Wish I could suggest you a decent newspaper but there are none (well there is the Hindu, but I dont like it)

I like NDTV, they are usually good.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

I am not questioning about the budget itself, which is perfectly reasonable. I am asking why don't India spend all those budget into its own military research and production? China used to buy a lot of weapons because there was imminent threat from US/Soviet Union. Nowadays China didn't buy much. I think in long term it is more beneficial to improve one's own technologies. That's why I am wondering whether Indian government perceives an imminent threat.
India had no money in 80s and 90s, and our defence equipments are outdated.
This is the decade we want to catch up. Even that is proving tough.

Buying lots of foreign weapons is a stop-gap measure. Until they can produce indigenous weapons systems by themselves that are good enough to replace those imports.

And yes, I think that India looks at China+Pakistan as an imminent military threat.

That is why they are buying so many foreign weapons, instead of investing that money into their domestic industries. They want more military strength right now, instead of waiting until their technology catches up.

If they have a war with China/Pakistan in the short-term, then their decision was correct. If there is no war in the short-term... then their indigenous industries will have a disadvantage in the long-term.

???

I thought rediff.com is quite a big website/portal???

Yes it is quite a 'big' portal.

One of the first ones in India to start email service and I heard these days have a decent online shopping portal.

Like , seriously ? Rediff.com ? Take a nap, sinochallenged or whatever your name is
I especially love how india is afraid losing another war in 2012 will "encourage India's smaller neighbours to resist Indian pre-eminence." :rofl:

I didn't know having more poor than sub-saharan Africa makes you "pre-eminent." What are you guys high on, IndoCrooks or whatever your name is?

I especially love how india is afraid losing another war in 2012 will "encourage India's smaller neighbours to resist Indian pre-eminence." :rofl:

I didn't know having more poor than sub-saharan Africa makes you "pre-eminent." What are you guys high on, IndoCrooks or whatever your name is?
IntoCraps what is the name i gave to him

I thought the world was suppose to end this year. Maybe it will end next year instead, since the think tank now has other ideas.

Back
Top Bottom