What's new

Exclusive-India's Future Main Battle Tank (FMBT)

And the tank's weight should not exceed 40 ton!!!

In one sentence the Indian Army wants a 'starwars' type tank. But is that really a tank I see the capabilities of tank, aircraft, submarine, anti-missile system to be incorporated in a tank!!! :cheesy: The only thing the FMBT lacks is flying like a spacecraft and reach the space. Good though!

By 2020 we should be able to make such tank.

and the tank should be delivered in 2060?

Yeah the same case as of Arjun and the High tech stealth spaceship LCA.

Big Words!
Little Works!!

I've never been rude, mostly!!
but this is really some fan boy stuff nothing else.:police:

Haha .. it will come in service one day.

In my humble opinion, it will be a much more convincing topic like ;
"Exclusive-India's Future Main Battle Rifle" instead of some "Star War science fiction" topic of "Future Main Battle Tank" One step at a time will be more appropriate.:cheers:
Saddled with Insas, Army wants new AK-47s - India - The Times of India

If you guys have not read properly , you should realise these are just conceptual idea being played with in the concept phase.
I highly doubt DRDO if going to say it can do all of it in a reasonable time. It is very likely , that what is really being discussed now is how much of the IA's spec sheet can actually be achieved.

I mean come on if you don't set out to build one of the worlds most advanced tanks in the concept phase , you wont end up with one of the worlds best by accident latter on.

still this "wish list" will show you the kind of features IA is looking for with its machines and what capabilities it is trying to build. The incorporation of the IFF systems shows it is dead serious about a real time data networks

i agree with you. Without any detailed studies, it is absurd to put a timeline on the development. first step would be to execute a realistic analysis of DRDO's capabilities of fulfilling the IA's requirements, set an appropriate timeline for milestones for the project and then hold key people responsible (read: punitive action on non-performance) for meeting those deadlines. otherwise DRDO will keep beating around the bush on why they couldn't meet the dealines and fail to deliver critical equipment to IA. Its about time they set aside the beedi and paan, and bring in some professionalism.

to Indian members, don't get me wrong, I fully support the efforts to develop our local defense industry, but I strongly feel there is a major lack of professionalism in DRDO. they can certainly learn a thing or two from ISRO's operations.

DRDO has immense talent, its just not fully utilized.

Your right , no point putting a time line for development at this point.
you cant get a time line for development , when you don't even know what you are develooping
Heck even growler is half right (you could have made your point without a hypebole)

FMBT:A perfect blend of luxury and raw power
icon_mrgreen.gif

fmbt1.png

Yeah the same case as of Arjun and the High tech stealth spaceship LCA.

Big Words!
Little Works!!

I've never been rude, mostly!!
but this is really some fan boy stuff nothing else.:police:
sir,u cant reach 12th standard easily/directly after 2nd class....we needed to do an indigenious try...we are succeding in that....after gaining exp. in a field it becomes easy to opt for the next technology....
well lca was never stealth....,neither arjun is a faliure.....:tup:

permission kya mangna sir jee, jitni marjee utna hanson....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom