What's new

EXCLUSIVE: First Official Impressions Of India's AURA UCAV

USAV3.jpg

USAV4.jpg

USAV2.jpg

USAV1.jpg

USAV5.jpg

Am I confused while watching this 3rd pic or others just ignored it? It seems to me that missile is looking backwards. Is it possible in a UCAV or is it a fault done by editors & designers?.

Am I confused while watching this 3rd pic or others just ignored it? It seems to me that missile is looking backwards. Is it possible in a UCAV or is it a fault done by editors & designers?.

First of all they are not missiles..they are smart bombs...and second of all....:lol: ...hows it backwards??

No man, the missile is pointing forward..............
you must have been confused by the sleeker looking back and considered it as the front..........:P

No, they it's correct and the LGB is looking forward. The graphic looks just a bit bulky in the frontal area, should look a bit like this:

x-45_02.jpg

Not possible because of size restrictions, but not useful as well! Missiles or stand off weapons were developed to be used from distances to the target, to keep the launch aircraft safe. A stealth aircraft instead, will bring the weapon as close as possible to the target, because the stealth advantage let in close in way further than a normal aircraft could. Also missiles can be detected at long ranges, which gives the enemy quiet some time to counter it, or leave the target. A simple LGB instead, that will be dropped only a few Km from the target, leaves no or less time to react anymore.

I mentioned Brahmos, because, It will give us longer range to operate in sea, (though we have Nirbhay and Pak Fa) and strike back against approaching Enemy Frigates, because our geographical location gives advantage for that.

and If we are designing 5th generation stealth UCAV then why to compromise on issues like payload capacity.
It should be more economical too.

I mentioned Brahmos, because, It will give us longer range to operate in sea, (though we have Nirbhay and Pak Fa) and strike back against approaching Enemy Frigates, because our geographical location gives advantage for that.

and If we are designing 5th generation stealth UCAV then why to compromise on issues like payload capacity.
It should be more economical too.

As mentioned, you don't need both! Lets say we want to attack a enemy vessel around 400Km from Indias shores away, IAF would send an MKI or in future Rafale or FGFA with Brahmos, launching it from high altitude and safe distances. The missiles does the whole work, while the fighter will just be the launch platform.
On the other side we could also take FGFA or an AURA UCAV, loaded with Kh 31/35 anti ship missiles, or even heavy LGBs, from way closer distances, but with the advantage of stealth and not beeing detected.
The vessel will detect the fighter with Brahmos or even Brahmos alone from long distances and will try to counter the attack, the stealth aircraft on the other side will be able to close in undetected and strike even with a less capable and more cost-effective weapon.

Btw, integrating Brahmos or any comparable cruise missile into a stealth aircraft is not possible because of size restrictions!

It is Just a lame excuse mate If we continue to develop things like this there would only be a single innovator(i.e. USA) and rest will just be followers( Neuron etc.)

Even chinese have come with a different (and unique) design for their future UCAV and Trust me even the AURA will be based on proved platforms chinese, would be first to materialize their anjian before We could make our AURA
dark_sword_prc_uav.jpg

I am sure that PAC will take some part in it.

As mentioned, you don't need both! Lets say we want to attack a enemy vessel around 400Km from Indias shores away, IAF would send an MKI or in future Rafale or FGFA with Brahmos, launching it from high altitude and safe distances. The missiles does the whole work, while the fighter will just be the launch platform.
On the other side we could also take FGFA or an AURA UCAV, loaded with Kh 31/35 anti ship missiles, or even heavy LGBs, from way closer distances, but with the advantage of stealth and not beeing detected.
The vessel will detect the fighter with Brahmos or even Brahmos alone from long distances and will try to counter the attack, the stealth aircraft on the other side will be able to close in undetected and strike even with a less capable and more cost-effective weapon.

Btw, integrating Brahmos or any comparable cruise missile into a stealth aircraft is not possible because of size restrictions!

I was thinking them to travel 1000 km and take down the enemy frigate,or recon. mission on the eastern front, flying over mayanmar, Vietnam, etc, since its range will be >2000kms. Plus till the time AURA will be in service, we will have Brahmos 3, much more compact and of lighter weight. This will give us huge advantage. For western, we only need it to destroy oil and ammo depots, since these are flammable things we would not need much bomb payload, for ministries and headquarters, we could use FGFA. For north, we could use FGFA since, it will be more economical, plus military presence would be more there.

Meanwhile, could you tell me If FGFA would carry Brahmos in its bay or external hud. ???

Meanwhile, could you tell me If FGFA would carry Brahmos in its bay or external hud. ???

Externally at the wingstations and no, the future Brahmos versions won't fit into any internal weapon bays of fighters or UCAVs, because they are hardly 4 to 5m long and also not wide enough to carry such big weapons. Same goes for similar US, Russian or Chinese aircrafts.

Externally at the wingstations and no, the future Brahmos versions won't fit into any internal weapon bays of fighters or UCAVs, because they are hardly 4 to 5m long and also not wide enough to carry such big weapons. Same goes for similar US, Russian or Chinese aircrafts.

well in that case, Brahmos should have stealth coating, or else the RCS will be greater.

well in that case, Brahmos should have stealth coating, or else the RCS will be greater.

Or simply use a normal weapon in a stealth aircraft, which would be way more cost-effective, because the stealth aircraft can be re-used, while a Brahmos will be used only once.

Well given the Bhramos travels at Mach 5+ there is little need for reducing the RCS as there is little that can be done in the way of stopping it once it is launched.

Well given the Bhramos travels at Mach 5+ there is little need for reducing the RCS as there is little that can be done in the way of stopping it once it is launched.

I mentioned it, not to safeguard Brahmos, but our stealth aircraft. If the RCS of brahmos attached to the hud is detected by the enemy radar, the stealth aircraft can also be located.

Or simply use a normal weapon in a stealth aircraft, which would be way more cost-effective, because the stealth aircraft can be re-used, while a Brahmos will be used only once.

I think none of our stealth aircraft would carry brahmos. But it would be great If they carry.

he former President, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam asked the BrahMos Aerospace to develop an advanced version of the BrahMos cruise missile to maintain India's lead in the field. He stated:[29]
“ You should develop a hypersonic version of BrahMos which can be reused [...] meaning that the missile should be able to deliver its payload and return to base. This will help in maintaining our leadership in this arena. ”

This would practically turn Brahmos into an UCAV. India has already done some similar kind of experimental transformations to ingenuous missiles and pilotless target aircraft Lakshya-II came up as an upshot of one of the ventures.

^ pardon me but I don't get what will be the advantages of reusable cruise missiles apart from maybe the costs which too is not much likely ?

Back
Top Bottom