What's new

Examples of Israeli Iron Dome failure

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Here I want to point out video evidence where it is claimed the iron dome intercepted incoming rockets when in reality it doesn't hit the warhead most of the time and the rocket still makes it's way.

Here's one example. The day 9 Palestinians were killed, among them children and elderly and also the Hamas military commander, Hamas began its retaliation on this night. These were believed to be the first rocket barrage fired. A cameraman at a wedding captures footage of a supposed iron dome interception. Here we have a look:

In this video, it appears as if the rockets disappear, and some may believe they were intercepted. But, that is not the case. In this other video from a different location in the same city. Explosions are heard. Multiple times. And not the distinct sound the iron dome interception makes.

In this same video you can see the same two distraction rockets which paved the way for the rocket barrage filmed in the beginning. They are also the first rockets filmed in the wedding video above. These rockets were going high. Then we see the barrage and the so called interception of rockets, but, we don't see the thirty seconds following that. In this video we do. And the explosions are clearly heard. Where the woman is screaming. First one landing at 0:39 seconds in the video. Then another five or six are heard landing and another couple or few later on.

Example # 2:

In this video we hear what appear to be rocket interceptions in the beginning, that's the distinct sound of them. First one starts at 0:35. Then we hear those rockets still landing on Israel. Starting at 0:50 seconds into the video.

Here's another example for now: #3

They also claim this superior defensive weapon there is nothing like it. Yet it repeatedly fails to intercept rockets. As seen in this video. First one lands at :35 seconds into the video. It keeps going on from there. At 1:01 and 1:02 we hear another two rockets land. Another at 1:05. The men point at the sky at 1:15 in laughter thinking their iron dome intercepted rockets. You can clearly see the smoke trails. And you'd think it really was true. Until one of the men realizes that was not the case and recognizes another rocket falling done. At 1:25 into the video he realizes this and try's to catch his other men's attention and the rocket falls at 1:27. Watch the video:

I will come with more examples as this thread goes on.

iron dome :D should be renamed to ridicule dome or plastic shield !!

just like their arrow crap !

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/11/15/272373/iron-dome-fails-to-stop-gaza-rockets/
http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?fromval=2&cid=18&frid=23&seccatid=18&eid=90369

whats the point of making people laugh at them ,i donno !! its like they want us to laugh at them!!

when they cannot engage a few grad rockets , how can they engage their new advanced missiles?? :cheesy:

the situation is moving towards palestinian advantage over israhelli army , now what u need is capable MANPADS to bring their fighter toys down from the sky !! (as u did before)

Example #4:

After the iron dome was deployed in this city. We can't hear an interception, it seems to have failed and the fajr 5 rocket lands near the end of the video.

Example #5:

Here we see another video I believe of the same rocket in the above video, but, to prove it landed. This footage is more clear and way closer to the impact. May be a little shocking for some to view. He in his description says he expected the iron dome to intercept it and wanted to film the interception but the result obviously scared the heck out of him near the end of the video. This is fajr 5 btw.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to mock Israelis. I'm stating something was wrong with the accuracy data presented by the Israeli army and it discredited the Palestinian military response.

Last edited:
^^^^^

Guys you have to watch that video. It is the craziest I've ever seen and his reaction is priceless. LOL! He sounds like an American too.

^^^^^

Guys you have to watch that video. It is the craziest I've ever seen and his reaction is priceless. LOL! He sounds like an American too.

wowww!! that had quite an impact!!! lol:yahoo:

very nice reaction indeed nice:D

Example #6:

In the beginning to the middle of this video we can see iron dome missiles being fired to intercept two rockets. Yet, near the end of the video at 1:05 a rocket lands and at 1:10 the second rocket falls.

Example #7:

I can't tell which city this is in, Hebrew writing. But, two impacts are seen at 1:17 and 1:42

No one claimed that Iron Dome is 100% effective. 15% of rockets are still passing. And most of examples u showed are actually wrong.

Example #7:

I can't tell which city this is in, Hebrew writing. But, two impacts are seen at 1:17 and 1:42

For example these two rockets are from Holon, which is near my city. And they were intercepted. No single rocket landed in Holon.

You also posted 3 different videos of 1 failure in Rishon Letzion. It was the only Fajar rocket that passed through Tel Aviv metropolis defense. You should also note, that deployment in Tel Aviv was extremal, it was not completely ready. Interceptor was not launched, probably because one system is simply not enough to cover the entire Tel Aviv metropolis.

Overall Iron Dome introduction drastically decreased the casualties. For example durin Lebanon war Hezbollah fired 4000 rockets and inflicted 56 casualties => 14 per 1000.

In 2012 war Hamas fired 1500 rockets and inflicted 6 casualties, all of them in areas not covered by Iron Dome. Thats 4 per 1000.

As u can see, even partial Iron Dome coverage decreased casualties 3.5 times.

when they cannot engage a few grad rockets , how can they engage their new advanced missiles?? :cheesy:
Grad is extremely hard target:
1) It is supersonic - 2 mach.
2) It has very low RCS - less than 0.1 m2.
3) It needs very short reaction time.
4) You need to engage it at big range in order that debris wont fall into the city.

I want to remind you that massive Syrian air defence with tens of thousands of personnel and newest systems did not even react when subsonic Israeli planes and missiles penetrated it numerous times.

No one claimed that Iron Dome is 100% effective. 15% of rockets are still passing. And most of examples u showed are actually wrong.

For example these two rockets are from Holon, which is near my city. And they were intercepted. No single rocket landed in Holon.

You also posted 3 different videos of 1 failure in Rishon Letzion. It was the only Fajar rocket that passed through Tel Aviv metropolis defense. You should also note, that deployment in Tel Aviv was extremal, it was not completely ready. Interceptor was not launched, probably because one system is simply not enough to cover the entire Tel Aviv metropolis.

Overall Iron Dome introduction drastically decreased the casualties. For example durin Lebanon war Hezbollah fired 4000 rockets and inflicted 56 casualties => 14 per 1000.

In 2012 war Hamas fired 1500 rockets and inflicted 6 casualties, all of them in areas not covered by Iron Dome. Thats 4 per 1000.

As u can see, even partial Iron Dome coverage decreased casualties 3.5 times.

It's not even 50% effective. And the video of holon had weak quality so it's hard to conclude what the explosions were. And I'm not taking your word for it either.

7 rockets were fired toward Tel aviv and 5 got through. This is confirmed in video footage. PIJ also fired two and they did get through.

What reduced casualties was the bunkers Israelis all hid in.

It's not even 50% effective. And the video of holon had weak quality so it's hard to conclude what the explosions were. And I'm not taking your word for it either.

7 rockets were fired toward Tel aviv and 5 got through. This is confirmed in video footage. PIJ also fired two and they did get through.

Only 1 rocket got through. In Rishon Lezion:

dror-einav.jpg

I live in that area, I saw everything with my own eyes. Its something that absolutely impossible to hide.

In addition to that house there was one case when shrapnel from intercepted Fajar hit a car in Bat Yam (my town):

car_f.jpg

It was a salvo of two Fajar rocjets and If they were not intercepted they would cause a huge damage - see above.

In Rishon Lezion Iron Dome did not fire. And its very possible that this 1 case happened because it was simply out of system range. 1 battery is not enough for huge Tel Aviv metropolis.

There are bunkers in North too. But they did not prevent 56 killed. As I said, all killed in 2012 were in areas not covered by Iron Dome. Once there will be a full coverage casualties will reduce even further than 3.5 times.

Back
Top Bottom