What's new

Ex-president wants to fly out and meet mother

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Veteran lawyer Barrister Ahmed Raza Kasuri, who is representing former president Pervez Musharraf in a high treason case, has appealed to the judiciary to let Musharraf fly out and meet his ailing mother in Dubai.

Kasuri, who is also central leader of Musharraf’s All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), burst into tears while speaking to reporters outside the Supreme Court after Tuesday’s hearing.

“Why a son is not being allowed to meet his 95-year-old mother. I have often seen him feeding his mother just like a child,” an emotional Kasuri said with tears in his eyes.

Earlier in the day, Musharraf’s counsels appealed the apex court to remove his name from the Exit Control List (ECL), enabling him to fly to Dubai to visit his mother who is said to be seriously ill.

Musharraf’s lawyer Ibrahim Satti argued that placing of the former president’s name on the Exit Control List (ECL) to bar his departure abroad was against his fundamental rights. “He also has to go abroad to meet his ailing mother,” he said.

Justice Jawwad S Khawaja, who headed a three-member bench, which is seized with hearing petitions seeking a high treason case against Musharraf, told the lawyer that he should submit a plea with the court requesting permission for the former president to proceed abroad. “We will then take a decision on it.”

Kasuri, one of Musharraf’s diehard supporters, was the intended victim in the murder case which led to the execution of PPP’ founder Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. Kasur’s father Nawab Muhammad Ahmed Khan was killed in the gun attack.

“I can feel because I have lost my mother. Isn’t it a mother’s right to see her son...He is not a hooligan who will run away, but he is the one who led this country to the prosperity when in power.”

Meanwhile, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) heard the case of Musharraf’s escape from its premises after his interim bail was not extended last week.

A police inquiry report prepared by Additional Inspector General Operations (AIG) Sultan Taimuri held Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Idrees Rathore and station house office (SHO) of Secretariat Police Station Qaisar Gilani responsible for the escape.

The DSP has been suspended while a show-cause notice has been issued to the SHO. Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Operations, Yaseen Farooq and Superintendent of Police (SP) City Captain Ilyas were declared innocent in the report.

gulftoday.ae | Ex-president wants to fly out and meet mother

Emotional plea might just work... He wants to go away again. Good for whole Pakistan.

wesy aya kya jhak marny tha ? he came and make problem for whole pakistan . jooty thaper khay ****** hoy akher kiyoon?

to mother or want to run again... I dont think court will allow as they know the history of him...

to mother or want to run again... I dont think court will allow as they know the history of him...

He doesn't know the condition of his mother or is in touch with the lawyers. Lawyers want him to meet his mother because she is ill.

Why don't they fly in his ailing mother ??That would be better.

General. Rtd. Pervez Musharraf, Its the time now to say "Me nhe darta kisi sey, Sub se pheley pakistan." if he knew his mother is not well and she is 95 years old he should not come to pakistan or he should come with his Mother.

General. Rtd. Pervez Musharraf, Its the time now to say "Me nhe darta kisi sey, Sub se pheley pakistan." if he knew his mother is not well and she is 95 years old he should not come to pakistan or he should come with his Mother.

As his political ambitions crashed, his so called love for his motherland evaporated .

Now he is just making nonsense excuses like kid to run away and never want to return to face the law of the land. He thinks Pakistani courts are filled by fools.

Jab aa raha tha to komando tha ab aman yaad aa rahi hai, only an idiot will fail to see his tail between his legs now.

Then call his mother to pakistan... What if if didnt return?? Any plan B?

His mother can come in to Pakistan on a chartered aircraft. Then she can comfort her forlorn son and he can feed her. In the first place what is she doing alone in Dubai? Also Musharraff's Begum Sahiba can be flown in from London, and take care of both her husband and Mother-in-Law. The whole family then can be together in Pakistan, in their mother-land.

His mother can come in to Pakistan on a chartered aircraft. Then she can comfort her forlorn son and he can feed her. In the first place what is she doing alone in Dubai? Also Musharraff's Begum Sahiba can be flown in from London, and take care of both her husband and Mother-in-Law. The whole family then can be together in Pakistan, in their mother-land.

perfectly said

Grounds to release Gen Musharraf will be found one way or another. What better way than the emotional ailing mother situation?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom