What's new

EU fails to blacklist Hezbollah as a terror group

@BLACKEAGLE

Do you think that some EU countries may act on their own to add up Hezbollah to the terror blacklist?

Last edited by a moderator:
@BLACKEAGLE

Do you think that some EU countries may act on their own to add up Hezbollah to the terror blacklist?

Maybe, Hz is technically an terrorist group for most world countries. I think some EU countries might be worried about their peace keeping forces in Southern Lebanon in case they put it on terror list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, Hz is technically an terrorist group for most world countries. I think some EU countries might be worried about their peace keeping forces in Southern Lebanon in case they put it on terror list.

No, it isn't. Only a couple of countries have put Hezbollah on their list of terrorist organizations.

What's so important about a distant and absolutely unrelated entity doing whatever? The powers in the ME are Turkey Iran and Qatar. What they do has far more effect.

No, it isn't. Only a couple of countries have put Hezbollah on their list of terrorist organizations.
Not a couple :no:

We've got Australia, US, UK, France, Israel, Bahrain, Canada, and the Netherlands.

What's so important about a distant and absolutely unrelated entity doing whatever? The powers in the ME are Turkey Iran and Qatar. What they do has far more effect.

I'am no expert in ME politics but Qatar ? Did you mean KSA ?

That is a couple to me. Heck, it isn't even 5% of world countries.

%60 of the UN security council.

%60 of the UN security council.

So? Its pure symbolic, since Hezbollah never had a real presence in these countries anyway. The most important country for Hezbollah is Germany.

While i do not support this decision, it might well have to do with offering Iran's new government a carrot. If not, then it's just a dumb decision.
The statement that putting it on the blacklist might destabilize the region is laughable in it's own. Like there is stability right now. :rolleyes:

While i do not support this decision, it might well have to do with offering Iran's new government a carrot. If not, then it's just a dumb decision.

Yeah right. It has more to do with European interests in Lebanon, UNIFL presence in South-Lebanon and simply fear for a potential retaliation by Hezbollah. Destabilization of Lebanon plays a part too.

Yeah right. It has more to do with European interests in Lebanon, UNIFL presence in South-Lebanon and simply fear for a potential retaliation by Hezbollah. Destabilization of Lebanon plays a part too.

lol, fear from Hezbollah. You're not serious. What EU interests in Lebanon? As for it destabilizing, if Israeli outright military attack didn't destabilize it, this proclamation won't either.

lol, fear from Hezbollah. You're not serious.

I am dead serious. You may want to look into Hz's history.

What EU interests in Lebanon?

Economic and military (UNIFL) interests perhaps

As for it destabilizing, if Israeli outright military attack didn't destabilize it, this proclamation won't either.

You fail to see the consequences, but then again, you are plain stupid.

The EU Pillars already Announced Hezbullah is a Terrorist Org

countries who announces Hezbullah as Terrorist Org is

Australia
Bahrain
Gulf Cooperation Council
Canada
France
Israel
Netherlands
United Kingdom
United States

Back