What's new

Engine Less J-11B Jets

Pardon me, can you provide a reliable source that proves WS-10A has manufacturing problems?

As i known, WS-10 has initially lot of problem for J-11A which is a reverse enginnering of AL-31. But WS-10A is the improving version combining with Chinese technology that produces the more powerful thrust and it has already been equipped for J-11B.

its ridiculous to claim that.
picture is worth a thousand words:
http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1490170&postcount=65

re-emphasizing that J-11B is equipped with FWS-10 engines,each rated at ~125kN thrust with afterburner(ISA,SLS,uninstalled).
FWS-10A is a modified variant of FWS-10 specially tailored for the J-10(single-engine version) ,just like AL-31F and AL-31FN.

Last edited:
Bro,

I believe nobody can answer this question! I believe Chinese made engine should be less than 10%.

We had just develop our own engine and it may took us a while to convert majority of our plane to China made engine. We will not be throwing away the engine that we had already purchased.
I

baseless:tdown:

Bro,

I believe nobody can answer this question! I believe Chinese made engine should be less than 10%.

We had just develop our own engine and it may took us a while to convert majority of our plane to China made engine. We will not be throwing away the engine that we had already purchased.
I

"I believe" is just not convincing...
anyway, all we know: we are developing our own engine.
ours "made in china" engines will be in service in the near future, it was on the news. (go search for exact est yr in google)

for what to do with the purchased engines, thats out of the question, keeping it? selling it? we might never know.

base on facts pls.

its ridiculous to claim that.
picture is worth a thousand words:
Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums - View Single Post - Chinese New Generation Fighter will fly soon.....

re-emphasizing that J-11B is equipped with FWS-10 engines,each rated at ~125kN thrust with afterburner(ISA,SLS,uninstalled).
FWS-10A is a modified variant of FWS-10 specially tailored for the J-10(single-engine version) ,just like AL-31F and AL-31FN.

In your first pic it show that FWS-10 is equipped for J-11 only, not specifying about J-11B.

There are some people who refuse to believe that Chinese are smart and innovative enough to develop our own machines. Everytime we come up with something it is either Russian copy or stolen American Technology.

Let's just ignore them. This is a prejudice that will hurt them more so than it would hurt us.

Can you prove that FWS-10/10A is the RE of AL-31F?
They fit on the same aircraft with out any major modifications.
But i'm not going any further. You may say what you want. But these engines are nearly identical.

They fit on the same aircraft with out any major modifications.
But i'm not going any further. You may say what you want. But these engines are nearly identical.
why not further? oh, you only believe what you want to believe and selectively accept your favorite speculations/rumours as facts.
identical?!:rofl:you show a lack of basic knowledge in jet engine.

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1490170&postcount=65
Besides the core,there are also significant defferences(size,configuration and cycle parameters) between that two engines.
FWS10 rotor stages: 3 fan +9 HPC+1 HPT+2 LPT
OPR:>30
BPR:~0.8
TET:~1700K
http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/att...0&d=1239676933
AL-31F : 4 fan +9 HPC+1 HPT+1 LPT
OPR:~23
BPR:0.571
TET:1665K
FSUE «MMBPP «SALUT» | Production | AEROENGINES | AL-31F

AL31F has a 4-stage fan with a pressure ratio of 3.54 and an airflow of 112kg/s at SLS. its inlet diameter is 905mm.
FWS10's using a 3-stage fan with a mass airflow of 120kg/s and max inlet diameter is approximately 950mm.
the FWS10 augmenter system is derived from that of WS-6

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom