What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

I suppose what @mafiya meant is that while we can possibly purchase other BVR capable aircraft, for PAF JF-17 is the only sanctions free bird with BVR capability. You seem to think that he is supporting your particular POV. I can list a number of this bird's strengths and all worth mentioning, but you are too convinced of your opinion so no use.

I know what he meant, and I agree with it. It's biggest strength is that it is sanction-free, in fact, that was the whole point behind the modern JF-17. It was to help make Pakistan's air force independent from foreign suppliers. You, for some reason, seem to think that I was suggesting otherwise. If you've read my other posts in other threads, I have almost always mentioned this.

The JF-17 has a lot of strengths, but in this context, they're not worth mentioning.

No doubt With JF-17 PAF pilots transitioned from 3rd Generation to 4th Generation fighting capabilities. Yet JF-17 doesn't tilt the rules of game towards PAF as the adversaries it will face in future would be much much more capable than him.

So when someone say, There is no advantage of JF-17, then I think he would be thinking JF-17 vis a vis IAF and he would be correct in his assumption

Thank you, at least someone here gets what I was saying.

Good for Egypt. I never liked the idea of handing over all those F-16's.:usflag:

Why? The F-16 isn't even that great anymore, compared to more modern aircrafts. If the Egyptians want to buy it, the US get a quick buck, and ensure that EAF is not a major threat to the US's regional ally, Israel.

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt With JF-17 PAF pilots transitioned from 3rd Generation to 4th Generation fighting capabilities. Yet JF-17 doesn't tilt the rules of game towards PAF as the adversaries it will face in future would be much much more capable than him.

So when someone say, There is no advantage of JF-17, then I think he would be thinking JF-17 vis a vis IAF and he would be correct in his assumption

If we consider that JF-17's primary objective would be defend own air-space & territory, then a number of its shortcomings disappear. It does not need huge range or massive load-out, it shan't be going on deep penetration missions, nor would it be tasked to carry the burden of defending Pakistan by itself. It is a tough and nimble little fighter with decent performance and a quick turnaround to generate high sortie rate. Whether we need it to make bombing runs on our borders, or challenge an incoming strike package, I believe it can handle the job rather well; especially when Missile-based Air Defense, own AWACS, and presence of other potent combat aircraft is factored into the equation.

I am not sure IAF would like to find out the capability of this bird any time soon. The chances of war are remote and I do not see PAF needing to do much more than maintain a posture of readiness and aggressive defense. JF-17 is ideal for us for the foreseeable future as a stock weapon system that would not be taken lightly.

If we consider that JF-17's primary objective would be defend own air-space & territory, then a number of its shortcomings disappear. It does not need huge range or massive load-out, it shan't be going on deep penetration missions, nor would it be tasked to carry the burden of defending Pakistan by itself. It is a tough and nimble little fighter with decent performance and a quick turnaround to generate high sortie rate. Whether we need it to make bombing runs on our borders, or challenge an incoming strike package, I believe it can handle the job rather well; especially when Missile-based Air Defense, own AWACS, and presence of other potent combat aircraft is factored into the equation.

I am not sure IAF would like to find out the capability of this bird any time soon. The chances of war are remote and I do not see PAF needing to do much more than maintain a posture of readiness and aggressive defense. JF-17 is ideal for us for the foreseeable future as a stock weapon system that would not be taken lightly.

SU-30/RAFAEL can lock JF-17 while staying in an Indian airspace and with it's huge payload can fire one or to BVR to distract him. While JF-17 short radar range and small payload can not allow it to lock on Adversary heavy duty aircrafts across the border Not mentioning the adversaries it would face would have HMDS/ HOBS missiles while there is no plan to equip JF-17 HOBS/HMDS due to financial constraints and non availability of such missiles to PAF.

Either a bombing run close to border or challenge and incoming strike package, JF-17 would struggle a lot IMHO. And thus such thoughts makes skeptic think what good JF-17 is beside offering a low cost solution, and when the war comes it would even struggle in it's own turf

Your account is only 7 months older than mine, and before that I was a regular lurker, I just didn't have an account. So again, don't use your shitty logic with me.

Oxford graduate? I don't care if you're an english professor, if your grasp of the english language is terrible, then it terrible.

Your sense of logic is flawed. I have already mentioned that the JF-17's strength lies in the cost/package ratio, I don't really understand why you're trying to disagree with something that even you're mentioning. In fact, all you're trying to do is character assassinate me by putting words into my mouth, and by ignoring my facts and attacking me personally.

Then go go to JFT thread 4 and educate yourself.

Talking to people like u is like banging your own head on a brick wall.

Thank u G your welcome in your believes.

Then go go to JFT thread 4 and educate yourself.

Talking to people like u is like banging your own head on a brick wall.

Thank u G your welcome in your believes.

People like you? I don't know who you think you are, but you're just as insignificant as the rest of us. Just before you've posted more, doesn't make you more knowledgeable that me. In fact, all you've done is try and insult me, nothing more. You're presented me with nothing of note.

I've been on all the threads for the Jf-17, 1-5, and I can tell you right now that you're talking out of your ***.

It's a light multirole 4.5 gen fighter, do it yourself, you have google.
yara it's not a 4.5 generation fighter !!!!

according to wiki :
The United States Government defines 4.5 generation fighter aircraft as fourth generation jet fighters that have been upgraded with AESA radar, high capacity data-link, enhanced avionics, and "the ability to deploy current and reasonably foreseeable advanced armaments.

wiki aside but, comparing it to our F-16 block 50/52 which is a 4th gen i wouldn't even call JFT a fully 4th generation fighter :no:

yara it's not a 4.5 generation fighter !!!!

according to wiki :

wiki aside but, comparing it to our F-16 block 50/52 which is a 4th gen i wouldn't even call JFT a fully 4th generation fighter :no:

Either way, my point still stands. Arguing semantics won't change anything.

SU-30/RAFAEL can lock JF-17 while staying in an Indian airspace and with it's huge payload can fire one or to BVR to distract him. While JF-17 short radar range and small payload can not allow it to lock on Adversary heavy duty aircrafts across the border Not mentioning the adversaries it would face would have HMDS/ HOBS missiles while there is no plan to equip JF-17 HOBS/HMDS due to financial constraints and non availability of such missiles to PAF.

Either a bombing run close to border or challenge and incoming strike package, JF-17 would struggle a lot IMHO. And thus such thoughts makes skeptic think what good JF-17 is beside offering a low cost solution, and when the war comes it would even struggle in it's own turf
yara thats exactly why PAF didn't induct many jft's while they had the money which was used on F-16C/D Block 50/52 ..... also no export deals despite other countries showing interest. all this points to a block 2 which will be a true 4.5 gen.

Really disappointing post from such a seniour member…
You should probable wifh all due respect go and get some knowledge about RCS and radar deduction……:coffee:

yara thats exactly why PAF didn't induct many jft's while they had the money which was used on F-16C/D Block 50/52 ..... also no export deals despite other countries showing interest. all this points to a block 2 which will be a true 4.5 gen.

excuse me 4.5 gen??:guns:
block 2 would be just truely a 4th gen callable fighter……:pop:

Really disappointing post from such a seniour member…
You should probable wifh all due respect go and get some knowledge about RCS and radar deduction……:coffee:

excuse me 4.5 gen??:guns:
block 2 would be just truely a 4th gen callable fighter……:pop:
lol now you're talking funny .... would it not be 4.5 with if it comes with ram and this baby :azn: :

China's%20AESA%20Radar-thumb-560x345-149951.jpg

lol now you're talking funny .... would it not be 4.5 with if it comes with ram and this baby :azn: :

China's%20AESA%20Radar-thumb-560x345-149951.jpg

There is a Biggggggggg if along with more Biggggg If in upgraded avionics and ECM devices along with IRST pods and HMDS with upgraded system which I don't think were planned for block 2 and PAF surely shouldnot be doing that now.If they are doing then it's cost would be rising while i guess PAF is just looking to increase following capabiluties to attract and grab some deals thats why its late otherwise just RAM and Radar integration don't take that much time……:pop:
First they need to upgrade underpowered engine along with upgrades and increase in its opreational ceiling,range,turns per min,vertical loop,payload and AOA,composites,RCS (by structural modification) type many things before just trying to mount these things ……:coffee:
so block 2 is mature blick 1 with IFR,composites and such factorial improvements in engine,avionics and also listened about upgraded KLG-7 but not confermed and maybe HMDS……
RAM and AESA ain't for block 2 coz u ain't that stupid to just mount AESA or use RAM on an immature platform.
btw i can't recogonize this engine:unsure:
Maybe KLG-10(?)

Back
Top Bottom