What's new

DRDO says it has capability to produce VVIP choppers

I was thinking something along the lines of the aircrafts and choppers carried by Arabian elites too :D

Actually , VIP - Very Important Persons ......All MPs will fall into that category , I guess .

VVIP - Very Very Important Persons ...........Higher ups in the cabinet , service chiefs , etc.

Actually , VIP - Very Important Persons ......All MPs will fall into that category , I guess .

VVIP - Very Very Important Persons ...........Higher ups in the cabinet , service chiefs , etc.

:lol: You didn't get it , I know what the words mean ... I was thinking about the facilities and luxury carried on these aircrafts and other unidentified flying objects by the wealthy Arabs and perhaps Elvis Presley :rofl:

:undecided:

I hope you are joking :undecided:

HAL is nothing more than a manufacturing unit, with no or very limited design capability. HAL engineers even can not design small components like door without the help of DRDO(ADA), I have second hand experience with them. HAL is only responsible for 10% as far as design is concerned, rest is done by DRDO.

For which aircraft? LCA possibly, but other than that, where is the design experience of ADA/DRDO? HAL would develop IMRH just like they did with Dhruv, with an experienced foreign partner for design.

And when you see the results of DRDO design in other fields:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...int-venture-india-s-mahindra.html#post3944499

You know that they are far away from having modern design capabilities.

For which aircraft? LCA possibly, but other than that, where is the design experience of ADA/DRDO? HAL would develop IMRH just like they did with Dhruv, with an experienced foreign partner for design.

And when you see the results of DRDO design in other fields:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...int-venture-india-s-mahindra.html#post3944499

You know that they are far away from having modern design capabilities.

I am talking about LCH project.

Let me tell you the whole story, one of my friend (is working as a senior Engg.) is involved in this project and he is member of the team who is responsible for design of cockpit and various other elements related to it. You will be surprised to know that when he asked for help from his seniors(HAL) then he got the reply to use the same amount of material as used in Dhruv without going into design aspect. They failed in their first attempt and thus were forced to take help from ADA.

This is how I got the knowledge about working culture of organizations like DRDO and HAL. Strength of HAL lies with assembling, integration, tooling and manufacturing, but not with designing.

As far as ADA is concerned they take their own sweet time in designing process (drawback), but they properly follow every design step with proper testing.

Unfortunately management in our gov. institutes like DRDO and HAL is not up to international level which we need to address.

:lol: You didn't get it , I know what the words mean ... I was thinking about the facilities and luxury carried on these aircrafts and other unidentified flying objects by the wealthy Arabs and perhaps Elvis Presley :rofl:

I got it .....:sick:

I was just giving out the classification.

Here is a trainer aircraft being developed by Jordan .....Does it fit the Arab luxury according to you ???........:rofl:

jordanairplane.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/119051-jordan-training-aircraft.html

I got it .....:sick:

I was just giving out the classification.

Here is a trainer aircraft being developed by Jordan .....Does it fit the Arab luxury according to you ???........:rofl:

I know :lol:

Unless it is integrated with a powerful after burning Jack Daniel's dispenser , no :rofl:

I am talking about LCH project.

Let me tell you the whole story, one of my friend (is working as a senior Engg.) is involved in this project and he is member of the team who is responsible for design of cockpit and various other elements related to it. You will be surprised to know that when he asked for help from his seniors(HAL) then he got the reply to use the same amount of material as used in Dhruv without going into design aspect. They failed in their first attempt and thus were forced to take help from ADA.

This is how I got the knowledge about working culture of organizations like DRDO and HAL. Strength of HAL lies with assembling, integration, tooling and manufacturing, but not with designing.

As far as ADA is concerned they take their own sweet time in designing process (drawback), but they properly follow every design step with proper testing.

Unfortunately management in our gov. institutes like DRDO and HAL is not up to international level which we need to address.

Always interesting to hear some inside stories and I'm sure @ sandy_3126 will be interested to show the other side too, but the outcome is still the same. Even LCH faces overweight and drag issues, just like LCA, IJT or Saras. India in general lacks behind in aircraft design and why foreign partners are needed with this regard, but the main point is, that DRDO has neither to do with the design, nor would have any important part in the helicopter developments anyway, which makes their claims pointless and any involvement of them in such future projects of HAL, only more difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always interesting to hear some inside stories and I'm sure @ sandy_3126 will be interested to show the other side too, but the outcome is still the same. Even LCH faces overweight and drag issues, just like LCA, IJT or Saras. India in general lacks behind in aircraft design and why foreign partners are needed with this regard, but the main point is, that DRDO has neither to do with the design, nor would have any important part in the helicopter developments anyway, which makes their claims pointless and any involvement of them in such future projects of HAL, only more difficult.

Sancho where did you get the Bolded part info ???
TD-3 is supposed to overcome these issues. Hope so :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sancho where did you get the Bolded part info ???
TD-3 is supposed to overcome these issues. Hope so :D

Was reported several times and the changes from TD1 to TD2 confirms this as well, air intakes were repositioned, tail flaps deleted, several coverings were added to reduce the drag (gears and gun for example).

Why we not take it other perspective. We can modify Mill17 for VVIP purpose. I mean put more luxry on it, EW suit & counter measures which DRDO can develop. It was low cost & more better angle & may be he was talking about that.:omghaha:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom