What's new

DRDO readies for ‘Astra’ test

exactly this thing was crossing my mind but i cannot agree with the bolded parts....in case of an all-out indo-pak war,the AWACS would be on 24hrs duty as they will track not only the incomming aircrafts,drones,and cruise missiles but will also play a pivotal role in different dogfights and BVR operations....so we have to use them,no matter how vulnerable these are..the same will go to PAF also,they would be compelled to use their awacs knowing very well the threat they would receive from "Novator K-100"

All of this depends on certain factors.
1st thing is that India doesn't have too many awacs so naturally they will be not used around the border areas but for interception of enemy aircraft into our territory.
What I meant to say was Awacs will not be used as an offensive force multiplier but as a defense counterattack.
I agree with your cruise missiles, drone, incoming aircraft part.

As for the dogfight part it really seems unlikely, a squadron of fighters leading an interdiction will not use the AWACS the threat of downing of the AWAC is too high maybe in interception it is possible.
And lets face it IFF systems weren't really that efficient for the Americans either.

Back
Top Bottom