What's new

DRDO faces four critical ‘tests’ in coming months

This thread is about what is the topic. You have done enough to derail it with a half page of worthless comments. Its time to go back to the topic.

just ignore these indian trolls and move on with on-topic comments buddy. Otherwise you are feeding the trolls until you are dragged down to their level. They are going to have parties if you get a ban.

I'm shocked. I thought India already has an inducted ABM system. I guess all the bragging make it confusing on what is really working and what is still being tested. Arihant will take a longer while to get ready. A sub with 4 missile tube is just a test vehicle.

We do have an ABM system,currently s-300 and israeli green pine radars do the job.

DRDO faces four critical ‘tests’ in coming months

NEW DELHI: India may have again successfully test-fired the 2,000-km range Agni-II missile on Sunday but the actual mettle of defence scientists will be on trial in four critical tests slated over the next few months.

As per the DRDO presentation given to the Cabinet Committee on Security last Thursday, these will be the sea trials of nuclear submarine INS Arihant and the test-firing of its K-15 missile, another test of the two-tier ballistic missile defence (BMD) system and, to cap it all, the second firing of the over 5,000-km Agni-V intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), say sources.

None of these weapon systems, however, is anywhere close to actually being inducted into the armed forces. Yes, the scientists have done well in developing such extremely complex systems. But all the big talk of India gate-crashing into "super-exclusive'' clubs of nuclear submarines, SLBMs (submarine-launched ballistic missiles), ICBMs or BMD systems is meaningless at this stage.

As per the fresh timelines, the country's first indigenous nuclear-powered submarine, the 6,000-tonne INS Arihant, is now finally getting ready to begin its long-awaited sea trials next month. Since it was "launched'' at Visakhapatnam in July 2009, the submarine has been undergoing harbour-acceptance trials on "shore-based steam'' till now.

Now, after its miniature 83 mw pressurized light-water reactor goes "critical'', INS Arihant will have to undergo extensive "sea-acceptance trials'' for well over a year, as also test-fire the 750-km range K-15 SLBMs. India's long-elusive nuclear weapon triad will be completed only after INS Arihant becomes fully-operational around end-2014.

Then, DRDO plans to test the three-stage Agni-V, which will bring the whole of China within its strike envelope, around June. Tested for the first time in April 2012, Agni-V will require at least three more "repeatable'' tests before it can glide into the production phase for eventual induction by 2015-2016.“An over 6,000-km range Agni-VI is also being planned,” said a source.

DRDO is also hoping for the eighth "successful'' test of its BMD system, designed to track and destroy incoming ballistic missiles both inside (endo) and outside (exo) the earth's atmosphere, "within the next 30-40 days''.

This missile shield has not been tested in an integrated mode, with both endo and exo interceptors together, till now.But DRDO is confident the BMD Phase-I system, which is supposed to intercept enemy missiles with a 2,000-km range, can be ready for deployment by 2014-2015.The Phase-II will tackle 5,000-km range missiles.
DRDO faces four critical 'tests' in coming months - The Times of India

thanks for info

One thing i have observed.. the tonnage of Arihant has increased over the years :lol:

?????????????????????????

@IND151
1)would PDV have kinetic kill vehicle for exo-atmospheric interception.?
2)are they planning to launch A-5 by TEL or canisterised launcher.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like our media is getting impatient..they wants everything "Right now",which is not possible.Induction of new weapons is a long process,but how to make our moronic media to believe that.. :rolleyes:

Hope all the four tests are successful :)

12-steps.jpg

Old friends @ PDF, old trolling methods!!! Now, faithfulguy will tell us that Patriot is the only right choice for India......:agree:

I'm shocked. I thought India already has an inducted ABM system. I guess all the bragging make it confusing on what is really working and what is still being tested. Arihant will take a longer while to get ready. A sub with 4 missile tube is just a test vehicle.

No need to be shocked, you had thought correctly.

Phase 1 of the ABM project has already been completed. Here is a news from June 2012....

Source 1

The strategic planning has already begun to install the BMD system in the two cities (Mumbai and Delhi) and the final proposal will be put before the government after detailed analysis of the entire project, sources have told PTI.

Source 2
“The ballistic missile defence shield is now mature... We are ready to put phase-I in place and it can be put in very short time,” DRDO chief V.K. Saraswat told PTI in New Delhi in an interview.

Sorcce 1 + Source 2 = No shock for faithfulguy!

This test will kick start the next phase of BMD project. Please google "PDV"!:smokin:

Old friends @ PDF, old trolling methods!!! Now, faithfulguy will tell us that Patriot is the only right choice for India......:agree:

Phase 1 of the ABM project has already been completed. Here is a news from June 2012....

Source 1

Source 2

This test will kick start the next phase of BMD project. Please google "PDV"!:smokin:

Oh mere bhai Ganimi is there any use in explaining things sophisticated trolls are more dangerous than rage trolls, they will never accept things. Let it be enjoy the show.

Source 1

Source 2

I'm certain BMD can be put in place very quickly. Just like LCA can be inducted quickly if needed.

Actually the BMD is inducted. It has already been mentioned that it can be deployed to two cities on short notice (ahem ahem Mumbai and New Delhi). The tests must be confirmatory trials, or of the PDV-1, which is supposed to replace the Prithvi Missile Defence.

@IND151
1)would PDV have kinetic kill vehicle for exo-atmospheric interception.?
2)are they planning to launch A-5 by TEL or canisterised launcher.?

canisterd probably

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thread OP ........ :tup:

As always with nice threads about Indian defence , some habitual trolls from either pakistan or china will come and try their level best to destroy it and this thread also has not let down that expectation ....... :disagree:

Good news.... all the best DRDO.....any update on second nuclear submarine?????

Btw indians do not feed the trolls....

Back
Top Bottom