What's new

Don't waste money on buying the Rafale. Boost Sukhoi-30MKI availability, and fast track the Tejas

And wait for how many more years ?

AMCA is a looong way to go and everything but a priority. We have so much to learn for our aviation industry and the Rafale deal will give us not only technology but also experience in building the most advanced 4.5 gen fighter.

And concerning the Tejas, its a different class of fighter, that lacks too many features and specs that the Rafale has.

I think you are referring to the Mig 35s?

Those are good fighters, but our Mig 29UPGs are similar to them in many aspects, they are inferior to the Rafale (see the IAF trials) and they won`t give us new technology (we already got access to Russia`s best tech) nor will it give us the same invaluable experience if we start building Rafales at home!

AMCA is nothing but dream seling at high level. we are not even capable of producing a decent engine for 3rd gen fighter plane.

these nonsense articles are nothing but the ploy by different groups to stall speedy procurements.

Well, that;s our fault. We voted a BS govt into power numerous times over and over again. So what does that make us? Buying these new toys is unsustainable. Gripen was the best bang for the buck deal. We would have been able to incorporate much tech into the domestic industry. Rafael is just a shiny toy that will never see action. When the whole world ignores it and we jump into it......questions should be raised.
govt aside,. its a nexus b/w bureaucracy and scientific community and certain power section with armed forces. change of govt will not do much. if rafael is not gonna any action so why buy any plane at all. leave everything to others good will! right ?

AMCA is nothing but dream seling at high level. we are not even capable of producing a decent engine for 3rd gen fighter plane.

these nonsense articles are nothing but the ploy by different groups to stall speedy procurements.

govt aside,. its a nexus b/w bureaucracy and scientific community and certain power section with armed forces. change of govt will not do much. if rafael is not gonna any action so why buy any plane at all. leave everything to others good will! right ?

We have to consider the article before declaring it BS.He does not intend to stall procurements but he is talking about priorities.While I cant say anything about rafale purchase I am with him on what he says about su-30 servicability and LCA induction.

We have to consider the article before declaring it BS.He does not intend to stall procurements but he is talking about priorities.While I cant say anything about rafale purchase I am with him on what he says about su-30 serviceability and LCA induction.
when in doubt .. just remember that due to such great intellectuals and MOD babus .. we have not purchase a single piece of Artillery since 1989.Both SU30 and LCA induction are important . but they have nothing to do with Rafale and MRCA.

RaFAIL is a bad choice from day one. IAF wants the most expensive aircraft only to show off. There's no need for raFAIL at all. I don't understand why people crying over Russians don't provide spare parts... Blah blah blah.... It's your fault if you can't manage inventory on your side. Order spare parts in advance so that you don't have to call the Russians for urgent delivery of any spare parts! Damn! These buggers can't even manage inventory in IAF.

Some other people jumping up and down in joy that raFAIL will bring advance technology and Indian HAL will learn the know hows blah blah blah...

Just answer my questions.. How much did HAL learned from SU30MKI in last one decade ? Did they absorb the advance technology offered by the Russians (su30mki) ? Are HAL able to transfer any su30mki tech to tejas? Radar, engine, avionics or anything at all?

Bottom line is Indian govt can't afford this raFAIL Deal. IAF should either settle for mig29/mig35 or upgrade the existing su30mki squadrons. our adversaries ain't flying most advance aircrafts either. Jf17 and j11 can be taken care of by our su30mkis.

What about adding some MiG29? I agree Rafale is best choice, But if focus will given to LCA, The Gap will be filled ...

Migs are already there in AF and Navy but Rafale is far superior to the Migs... and Mig was not offered in MMRCA competition. LCA will fill the gap only for the replacement of Mig21

Pretty sure Ajai Shukla has been badgering on about this for some time so nothing new here.

For plenty of reasons this is not a viable alternative to the Rafale.

The only thing I can see is India wanting to obtain and study more non-Russian pedigree engines.

The only thing I can see is India wanting to obtain and study more non-Russian pedigree engines.

Engines are a weak spot in our country. Kaveri did work but it couldn't generate the power we needed as we lacked some technologies. Russian engines are good, but they are still not as efficient as French or yours.

Our weakness apart from time consumption is, our inability to churn out products en masse in short time. It is a 'as is when is' basis that we order stuff.

Hopefully, things are set to change and let's hope for the best.

rafale i personally think is not suitable for ia

I just passed on your opinion to my friend the CAS of the IAF. :D

Correct. The Indian Defence Prodn. Estt. is looking at a new stream of technological inputs, esp wrt Aero-Engines.

Ajai Shukla have suggestions always for the MOD, India.

Wonder how he had a change of heart from "Scrap MMRCA, buy F-35" to "Scrap Rafale, induct Tejas" ???

Ajai Shukla have suggestions always for the MOD, India.

Wonder how he had a change of heart from "Scrap MMRCA, buy F-35" to "Scrap Rafale, induct Tejas" ???

Yaar, abhi Ajai Shukla ka bhi daam ghat raha hai, Bazar mein mandi jo hai....... :D
Anyway, Shuklaji just loves to swim in "deeper waters" than he can handle, a good bit of the time.

What kind of journalism is this.. 40% of MKI Fleet is combat ready? What airforce has more than half its fleet in maintenance? Is he pulling numbers out of thin air? Isnt this the same guy who wanted to buy F35's instead? Where were these numbers then?

Not a reason, actually.
During the Kargil war in '99, the Mirage 2ks in IAF inventory were found to be the only capable aircraft to pummel entrenched terrorists on mountain peaks with LGB munitions. Where both MiG27 and Jaguars failed, the Mirage 2K performed excellently. IAF was so impresses with the performance that they wanted to boost the Mirage 2K fleet. Unfortunately the production lines were closed and Dassault was working on Mirage 4000 which matured into Rafale. Now with the GoI not wanting to be seen as favoring one particular company, they opened a tender to replace the Jaguars and MiG27s. Rest of MMRCA deal is an ongoing saga.
So, IAF already has experience with French and British engines. Heck, even our LCA is powered by GE engines!! What IAF needed was a dedicated ground attack aircraft which could perform equally well in both desert and mountainous theaters. Mirage 2K fit the bill and so does Rafale (although I personally would have preferred the F18-SH). That Rafale is an excellent multifrole platform whose missions can be changed on a moments' notice is an added advantage!!
All this talk of adding more Su30MKIs to the IAF fleet in place of Rafales is like sending a Car made for a specific Rally Championship to a Nascar race or vice versa!! Some people dont seem to understand the specific uses of different types of aircrafts!!

What kind of journalism is this.. 40% of MKI Fleet is combat ready? What airforce has more than half its fleet in maintenance? Is he pulling numbers out of thin air? Isnt this the same guy who wanted to buy F35's instead? Where were these numbers then?

First he was promoting F-35 b'coz Lockheed paid him huge sums of money.............but all in vain.

Now he don't want Rafale to be inducted b'coz he is angry that they din't gave him money.

Suddenly from PARDESI to a SWADESI :enjoy:

P.S. I would not be surprised if tomorrow he comes up with "Rafale: The Need of the IAF" article. You will know what that mean!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom