What's new

Do you still support Musharraf?

Please vote after the discussion (Do you now support Mush?)

• Yes

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 38.7%

• Total voters

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Well, since his popularity has been quite down. I would like to gain back a few Musharraf fans which have been misguided after this emergency. I don't support the emergency, but i still support Musharraf.

The point is still valid that we have no other better person to rule in Pakistan than he himself.

I see this topic as quite interesting, and would like to invite members who oppose the Musharraf party (after the emergency).

So who the heck do you want to rule? We have limited cards, and sadly we have to pick the best ones.

And with that being said Musharraf still wins the votes.

Those of you who disagree (supporters of BB and NZ specifically) give your points on what they can do "better" or would give the nation something that Musharraf cannot.

Thanks!

Excellent idea Webby. I was thinking the same myself - whether people changed their minds after analyzing the situation dispassionately.

My own initial reaction was one of shock and betrayal, and that could still prove to be true, but I am leaning towards supporting a relatively short emergency, and fairly early elections, and a civvy Musharraf with a stick to ensure our "democratic leaders" stay on course with respect to the broader policy of promoting moderation in society and continuing the economic reforms - next goal - The quarter billion economy mark!

I hope the Pakistani government and people could overcome this difficult time.

That is all fine, Webby. But is he, or is he not going to support BB?

So supporting him would mean supporting BB, whom I don't support.

Hi and salam,

I was Musharraf supporter, but from 9th March , its clear in my mind that he is Dectator, and my father told me that Dectator is always dectator no metter how good he is, i have few points to mentioned , which are in my mind like,

1. after Imposing Emergancy Mushi trying and pressurrise all the Judges to take Oath under PCO, forgetting that he also took oath when he join the army, that he will never participate in Politics.Secondly in his oath as President of Pakistan, promised that he will secure the freedom of Judiciary, so yes he secured that freedom by arresting the Honourable Judges.

2.After coup in 1999 he gave us seven point agenda, and now he accpeting that most of the poinst not achived.

3.He talked several times, that Nawaz sharif is the Dectator and he attacked the Supreme court, but according to me, Mushi attacked the Judges of Supreme court by arresting and beating several high Court Judges.

4.He talked Several times, that BB was the courpt Politician, but know he withdrawn all of her cases, for getting support.

5.He talked several times, that in last tenurs Press and media was not free, but what happen after imposing emergency, what he thinked about freedom of press, is quite cleared in his speach.

6.Remember in 1996 Benazir Government was dismissed by claiming that Extra Judicial Murders took place in her tenure and 26 Mqm workers were still missing. But more than 280 Pakistani's are still missing , and thousand killed in extra judicial killings till yet.

7.Musharaaf conducted General Elections in 2002, and Local Elections in 2005, and 2006, so i would like to ask you all to please read the Human rights watch report on 2002, and 2005 local government Elections, and not only in elections he Purchased the devotions of more than 17 MNA by using NAB ,for the formation of his Goverment.

8. More than 1800 Soldiers killed during 2001-2007, not fighting with Enemies, but fighting with their own people.

9.The most Biggest Gift Musharraf gave us is Suicide Bombing(contraversial).

10.About the Economy, yes i accepted his devotions but i wanted to ask you all that if the Mushi Govt policies are good , and his policies took our Forign reserves to 16.5 billion dollars, then why INDIAN Forign reserves reached 180 Billion and China's 300 billion, Malaysia 56 Billion during last 6 years, i think Mushi Economic policies are effecting whole the world.

So remember Dectator is Dectator, and if those step mentioned above was taken up by any politicaly elected Prime Ministers then i not have any confusion, that PM was hanged by our Generals, by calling that PM trator of the Nation.

Thanks,
Danish saleem

Hi and salam,

I was Musharraf supporter, but from 9th March , its clear in my mind that he is Dectator, and my father told me that Dectator is always dectator no metter how good he is, i have few points to mentioned , which are in my mind like,

1. after Imposing Emergancy Mushi trying and pressurrise all the Judges to take Oath under PCO, forgetting that he also took oath when he join the army, that he will never participate in Politics.Secondly in his oath as President of Pakistan, promised that he will secure the freedom of Judiciary, so yes he secured that freedom by arresting the Honourable Judges.

2.After coup in 1999 he gave us seven point agenda, and now he accpeting that most of the poinst not achived.

3.He talked several times, that Nawaz sharif is the Dectator and he attacked the Supreme court, but according to me, Mushi attacked the Judges of Supreme court by arresting and beating several high Court Judges.

4.He talked Several times, that BB was the courpt Politician, but know he withdrawn all of her cases, for getting support.

5.He talked several times, that in last tenurs Press and media was not free, but what happen after imposing emergency, what he thinked about freedom of press, is quite cleared in his speach.

6.Remember in 1996 Benazir Government was dismissed by claiming that Extra Judicial Murders took place in her tenure and 26 Mqm workers were still missing. But more than 280 Pakistani's are still missing , and thousand killed in extra judicial killings till yet.

7.Musharaaf conducted General Elections in 2002, and Local Elections in 2005, and 2006, so i would like to ask you all to please read the Human rights watch report on 2002, and 2005 local government Elections, and not only in elections he Purchased the devotions of more than 17 MNA by using NAB ,for the formation of his Goverment.

8. More than 1800 Soldiers killed during 2001-2007, not fighting with Enemies, but fighting with their own people.

9.The most Biggest Gift Musharraf gave us is Suicide Bombing(contraversial).

10.About the Economy, yes i accepted his devotions but i wanted to ask you all that if the Mushi Govt policies are good , and his policies took our Forign reserves to 16.5 billion dollars, then why INDIAN Forign reserves reached 180 Billion and China's 300 billion, Malaysia 56 Billion during last 6 years, i think Mushi Economic policies are effecting whole the world.

So remember Dectator is Dectator, and if those step mentioned above was taken up by any politicaly elected Prime Ministers then i not have any confusion, that PM was hanged by our Generals, by calling that PM trator of the Nation.

Thanks,
Danish saleem

Mr Danish,.......couldnt agree with u more.....:pakistan:good views and let me add one more point.....whenever a person achieves something he/she never deserved.....or had never worked hard towards reaching that specifical goal ......he will never be thankful..as mushy was a general who robbed a legitimate and democratically elected PM(thats another discussion whether NS was a good ruler or not but he was elected by people of Pak) so he will never appreciate the liking of ppl of Pak cos he was never meant o rule a country......hi is a civil servant actually who is suposed to salute the civilian..A dictator surrounds himself with like minded and yes boss people......thanks to all the lotas that surround him.....his anger and big ege cant even digest views of internationa channels like bbc cnn sky etc leave alone the local media......if he thinks media is shitiing us than leave that on people to decide....and plz nobody should say that 'O our people are **** they just trust whatthese lying politicians say....as english media follower is presumably literte in some way....so y dont u let us decide....its lke living in 80s.....So its back to the jungle for some time.......And for those incluiding webby who are of teh view how mushy is worst than previous rulers and what they gave us bla blla.....for how long on th epretext of past mistakes we will keep making same mistakes and keep supporting those people who are wrong.

is he still in the position to get a support...i think only PTV is in favour of that mush.

is he still in the position to get a support...i think only PTV is in favour of that mush.
That's not true. Minus BB and the American influence (one and the same?) he is still more competent than anyone else Pakistan has.

That's not true. Minus BB and the American influence (one and the same?) he is still more competent than anyone else Pakistan has.

sir you may be right but do you think the steps taken by him are correct....only to remove one person(chief justice iftkhar) he put a martial law...do you think it is correct. the stories of lal majid haaaaaa what was there nothing except government policies.

sir you may be right but do you think the steps taken by him are correct....only to remove one person(chief justice iftkhar) he put a martial law...do you think it is correct. the stories of lal majid haaaaaa what was there nothing except government policies.
Yes that one person was going to remove him after being elected by a 57% majority.

Qadri, What other choice do you have apart from Gen M ? Both Mrs BB or Mr NS have not allowed any young leaders to come up and other leaders like Imran have not stepped upto fill the vacum.

Regards

Qadri, What other choice do you have apart from Gen M ? Both Mrs BB or Mr NS have not allowed any young leaders to come up and other leaders like Imran have not stepped upto fill the vacum.

Regards
Imran is the best choice.

Unfortunately he's busy fighting ideologies rather than mustering up the votes.

He must be well over 50 now... His passion and fight won't last forever.

Regards

i have no choice but i like that Army should do there job except coming and controlling the government. i like that there should be public representation. like that of Iran, india and alike. Army should have no concern about politics they should remain in barracks.

Imran is the best choice.

Unfortunately he's busy fighting ideologies rather than mustering up the votes.

He must be well over 50 now... His passion and fight won't last forever.

hhaaaaa history shows that good politician are hard to be selected.

Back
Top Bottom