What's new

Do indians have good table manners ?

Indians it is your own media outlet NDTV that is mocking your eating habits, if you feel offended then register your protest against NDTV, they have it on their website , the link is provided in OP
Know that dude. Could not fathom what was the NDTV' ultimate objective of coming out with such sick 'research article' . They have been thrashed since then left right centre on FB and their own website. Just dont give a damn to such nonsense

Indians Have Some Really REALLY Disgusting Table Manners | NDTV.com

food-650_5.jpg

To eat or not eat isn't the question- it's whether to use a spoon or not, lick your fingers or not, and/or pick your teeth with your fingers or not.

Let's draw you a little picture... Imagine sitting at a restaurant and looking at the guy on the other table eating with his hands elbows deep in his dinner. While you make intricate maneuvers with your fork and knife, trying not to hurt your food, this guy chomps at his grub with brazen abandon. You watch him wipe the meat sweats off his face with the back of his hand, as you nervously pick your napkin from your lap to dab your mouth, going "eww" a million times in your head. A word of advice, this video isn't for your delicate palate.

Culture Machine's Being Indian presents this wonderfully nuanced video on how a true blue Indian enjoys his food and drinks.

They include:

- Slurping your tea with a chuski

- Pouring a Patiala Peg of whiskey and drinking only after offering some to the God of Booze

- Getting our hands dirty to achieve proper gastronomical pleasure

- Helping your Tandoori Chicken achieve nirvana by not leaving a shred on the bone

- Burping and spreading the joy of food

- Digesting your food with a cocktail of not less than three mouth fresheners

This video is so brilliantly bang-on you may want to order yourself a hot plate of Tandoori Chicken; or well, not eat for the next few hours.

Here's the hunger and laughter inducing feast:

I hate Indians as much as any other Pakistani, but come one there has to be a limit to making anti indian threads.
I hate when people eat rice with their hands, but there is no way to eat roti with fork and spoons if there is please give us a demo.

I don't really like the idea of eating with fingers (being westernised much) but I do admire the fact that Indians keep their kitchens very very clean, well, aside from the cow piss.....

who da faq cares about table manners ? Does it make it any sense to use something as bizzare as table manners , rather stupid unnecessary rules created by mankind to create more problems .

I hate Indians as much as any other Pakistani, but come one there has to be a limit to making anti indian threads.
I hate when people eat rice with their hands, but there is no way to eat roti with fork and spoons if there is please give us a demo.
Hey... I once ate a dosa with a fork and spoon. It can be done...... eventually.

Fish curry must be one of the most disgusting food in the world, how you people eat it :bad:

shahmir, I don't think you are a Pakistani for saying that. Allah ke diye hue rizq ko disgusting kehte ho? is liye Germany bhaag gaye.

half the world eats fish curry, and is widely eaten all over Pakistan, one of the delicacies, especially for Urdu speakers, and rohtakis and marwaris in Multan

Rab mainu maaf kare, rabba khairiya, haai mainu maaf kare

chal rab tenu mauf kar ditta

you hate yourself then

lolzzz its been prooved again that most pakistanies hate india and anything indian than they love pakisttan or anything pakistani more ;)

wonder what do you call it

jealousy

images

Some foods cannot be eaten with forks or spoons. You have to eat it with your hands. Humans have lived after eating food with our hands.

In Islam it is preferable to eat food with your right hand-
Nothing wrong with it-

I am proud to eat with my hands. It's one of the GREAT things we all share. :-)

Lol! First time I have seen a kitchen spoon being used as a weapon at 0.17 seconds. But then the baba unleashes a can of woop *** on the young topless guy. Oh and the best bit comes at 0.33 when the baba hits the young guy with a knockout blow using a steel holding dish. :omghaha:

In Islam it is preferable to eat food with your right hand-
Nothing wrong with it-
thats true in most cultures as right is considered 'good' hand.. :)

I like eating with own hands but I tend to overeat, next tried spoon... now use knief and fork only.
I might like eating with own hand but wont eat with of a person who has rice sticking to fingers, licks and sucks his fingers or makes too much noise. I am less bothered about manners more about it being gross.

some people are noisy eaters and they get annoyed if you tell them.

thats true in most cultures as right is considered 'good' hand.. :)

I like eating with own hands but I tend to overeat, next tried spoon... now use knief and fork only.
I might like eating with own hand but wont eat with of a person who has rice sticking to fingers, licks and sucks his fingers or makes too much noise. I am less bothered about manners more about it being gross.

some people are noisy eaters and they get annoyed if you tell them.

Islam specifically asks a Muslim to use three fingers while eating rice-

Fk the world even Obama. I'll always eat with my 5 fingered hand, it adds the pleasure in eating food with hand. Though I eat rice with a spoon as they don't come handy always keep dropping :P

Back
Top Bottom