What's new

Do Indians consider themselves Middle Eastern or Asian?

South Indians are Dravidians , Not the whole of India....

hahahaha....Exactly.

Even I am not getting this Aryan fixation among some people even after reading a dozen thread and more than 300 pages of discussion. :frown:

I don't know about the racial thing, but I'm extremely proud of my language and her legacy which is an Indo-Aryan language.

You need to understand, in India's context, Aryan is strictly a linguistic term.

I don't know about the racial thing, but I'm extremely proud of my language and her legacy which is an Indo-Aryan language.

Same here. Though in my case it not an I-A L.

From an ethnic perspective you can call us South Asian,

Whole of SA is homogeneous in a way.

Can you elaborate on that ?

Same here. Though in my case it not an I-A L.

Can you elaborate on that ?

What is I-A-L?

He probably meant the recent genetic studies which say there's no or negligible genetic differences in populations across the India.

What is I-A-L?

Indo-Aryan Language :P

He probably meant the recent genetic studies which say there's no or negligible genetic differences in populations across the India.

hmmmm.....actually me too thinks it is true atleast to a considerable extent.

One personal example, dont know if it is correct.

I am a Kongu Vellala living in Tamil Nadu, but our ancient books give reference as to we being descendents of the rulers from 'Ganga kulam' who migrated to South millenia ago.

In my view and all people know,there are two kinds of people,"round-eye people"&"line-eye people".East Asian are "line-eye people",others are "round-eye people".

I'd say:

pig nose people (europeans and africans)
rabbit nose people (east asians)
cow nose people (middle easterns and south asians)

I'd say:

pig nose people (europeans and africans)
rabbit nose people (east asians)
cow nose people (middle easterns and south asians)

Cows have flat nose man - Almost all the Middle-Easterners and most of the South Asians have a sharp nose.

Indian/Pakistani/Bengali/Sri Lankan/Nepalese are all South Asians.

Just like Chinese/Japanese/Korean are all East Asians.

Back
Top Bottom