What's new

Do American Cars really suck?

ummm, E36 is 3 series factory name, 5 series factory name is E39. So which one do you mean?
I assume M5, so E39 and in this case i must agree with you, because M5's of any generation are probably best cars in the world. You're insane if you'll buy an 80's XJS (not even XJR if they existed back then?) over an M5.
I drove a 86 XJS last year, and I liked it.
and I did mean 39, 36 was a typo, and it's not over each other.... M5 would e a track day car, I want to get into the scene, XJS would be a restoration job, just a weekend car.

Our automotive industry is something to be proud of considering they're not all luxury brands:

08-2015-ford-mustang-1.jpg

2015-Ford-F150-detroit-6.jpg

gmc-sierra-denali-2014_1.jpg

2014-cadillac-cts_100423308_l.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette_Z06_Convertible-2015-wallpaper.jpg

2012-Cadillac-CTS-Interior-Front.jpg

2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-convertible-interior-top-view.jpg

Allahu Ahkbar Victory. :rofl::toast_sign:

171533_habibriziqdalam.jpg

even the Mullah loves Jeep Rubicon so much, although they are a staunch anti Murrican

Love and hate is separated by thin thread right?

If you want to drive 100+ mph, nothing comes close to a 5 series !!!

171533_habibriziqdalam.jpg

even the Mullah loves Jeep Rubicon so much, although they are a staunch anti Murrican

They can say it's not American but Italian now lol. (Fiat bought Chrysler group)

I drove a 86 XJS last year, and I liked it.
and I did mean 39, 36 was a typo, and it's not over each other.... M5 would e a track day car, I want to get into the scene, XJS would be a restoration job, just a weekend car.

The blasphemy continues....... :big_boss:

Anyhow, if you just want to cruise around in a semi classic, ye, then XJS is the way. But M5 offers so much more.

The blasphemy continues....... :big_boss:

Anyhow, if you just want to cruise around in a semi classic, ye, then XJS is the way. But M5 offers so much more.
Oh trust me I have been looking for a 98 m5 for half a year, but most of em are run down to the ground. .... Someone today suggested a s2000, and I am curious to find out what that little thing can do.

Oh trust me I have been looking for a 98 m5 for half a year, but most of em are run down to the ground. .... Someone today suggested a s2000, and I am curious to find out what that little thing can do.

Perhaps if i may suggest buying it from Europe? i'm almost certain you have a bigger choice here and for less money. Perhaps it is enough to even out the import fee for US. Although i'm, not entirely sure if you can import from Eu and it is automatically street legal in US.

BMW M5 Leder Walknappa Caramel Individual as Saloon in München

Doesn't look run down, description says it was a saloon car and with 155.000km (roughly 100.000 miles) on the counter it certainly appears so. My 2 cents say that if it's all in working order, it's a bargain for 10.000€ (roughly 13.000$).

Not all american cars suck .Chevrolet Suburban is pretty good ,though its lacking on average. Lada niva is good.

Overall american automotive industry has better vehicles than russian one ,exception of trucks ,where russia excels.

Perhaps if i may suggest buying it from Europe? i'm almost certain you have a bigger choice here and for less money. Perhaps it is enough to even out the import fee for US. Although i'm, not entirely sure if you can import from Eu and it is automatically street legal in US.

BMW M5 Leder Walknappa Caramel Individual as Saloon in München

Doesn't look run down, description says it was a saloon car and with 155.000km (roughly 100.000 miles) on the counter it certainly appears so. My 2 cents say that if it's all in working order, it's a bargain for 10.000€ (roughly 13.000$).

It is not as easy as that. Cars less than 25 years old must meet EPA/NHTSA standards for import.

It is not as easy as that. Cars less than 25 years old must meet EPA/NHTSA standards for import.

Unless that's some sort of barrier to prevent used cars being imported into the US from elsewhere, i don't think it's a problem. We have better (read-more stringent) regulation of mostly everything connected to environment, safety and health. But like i said, in my previous post, i don't know the procedures.

Unless that's some sort of barrier to prevent used cars being imported into the US from elsewhere, i don't think it's a problem. We have better (read-more stringent) regulation of mostly everything connected to environment, safety and health. But like i said, in my previous post, i don't know the procedures.

Here you go:

Importing a Motor Vehicle | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

"Warning
Imported motor vehicles are subject to safety standards under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966, revised under the Imported Vehicle Safety Compliance Act of 1988; to bumper standards under the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act of 1972, which became effective in 1978; and to air pollution control standards under the Clean Air Act of 1968, as amended in 1977, and 1990.

If vehicles manufactured abroad conform to U.S. safety, bumper, and emission standards, it is because these vehicles are exported for sale in the United States. Therefore, it is unlikely that a vehicle obtained abroad meets all relevant standards. Be skeptical of claims by a foreign dealer or other seller that a vehicle meets these standards or can readily be brought into compliance. Vehicles entering the United States that do not conform with U.S. safety standards must be brought into compliance, exported, or destroyed.

This pamphlet provides essential information for U.S. residents, military or civilian government employees, and foreign nationals who are importing a vehicle into the U.S. It includes U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requirements and those of other agencies whose regulations we enforce. Since Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements are subject to change, we recommend that you contact these agencies before buying a vehicle abroad."

Importing a Motor Vehicle | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Imported motor vehicles are subject to safety standards under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966, revised under the Imported Vehicle Safety Compliance Act of 1988; to bumper standards under the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act of 1972, which became effective in 1978; and to air pollution control standards under the Clean Air Act of 1968, as amended in 1977, and 1990.

lol......look at those years. In Europe this regulations change every few years to reflect the advancement in technology and push the car makers to innovate.

European emission standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <<<< Quick overview of allowed emissions and how the allowed quantity has been decreasing constantly ........if you're interested.

Therefore, it is unlikely that a vehicle obtained abroad meets all relevant standards

And this here is just BS. My hunch was correct that this regulation is in place only to discourage people from importing used cars and leaving $ abroad.
I doubt bumper to bumper is any different in EU M5 or M5 meant for USA market.

lol......look at those years. In Europe this regulations change every few years to reflect the advancement in technology and push the car makers to innovate.

European emission standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <<<< Quick overview of allowed emissions and how the allowed quantity has been decreasing constantly ........if you're interested.

And this here is just BS. My hunch was correct that this regulation is in place only to discourage people from importing used cars and leaving $ abroad.
I doubt bumper to bumper is any different in EU M5 or M5 meant for USA market.

The law is the law. I merely mentioned what the rules are for importing vehicles into USA.

Back
Top Bottom