What's new

Developers plan $500m mini-China in Australia

10 month in this place and you will get a hang on where is what and how to go there.

Beside i spend 2 years as a kid before i come back to this country........

Not Chinese or Indian, but Hong Konger as they have a Working Holiday visa, you cna work for a years without the need to have a employer sponsorship. For Mainland Chinese and Indian, you need to apply for a visa and stay in Oz. You cannot work more than 20 hours a week if your visa is a student visa, which is what they mostly have

Cool! you know so many places.

Indeed Australia is nice place. Unforturnatly it lies so far from Europe. My last visit took nearly 24 hours (!) from Frankfurt to get to Sydney. Terrible. It is ok if you are in Asia, you can get there quickly.

About working visa, if you are rich, you can apply as an investor. That is the other option that most rich Chinese businessperson choose.

Cool! you know so many places.

Indeed Australia is nice place. Unforturnatly it lies so far from Europe. My last visit took nearly 24 hours (!) from Frankfurt to get to Sydney. Terrible. It is ok if you are in Asia, you can get there quickly.

About working visa, if you are rich, you can apply as an investor. That is the other option that most rich Chinese businessperson choose.

Well...it's not that bad for 24 hours from the Sausage city. Last time i get from Sweden to Sydney it took me 36 hours. IT involve Malmo to Stockholm, Stockholm to Heathrow, Heathrow to Singapore then final leg from Singapore to Sydney.......

36 hours 4 different planes. 5 differnet city. That's how you go from Sweden to Australia.

The Aussie are now cracking down Working visa abuse and investment visa have to have a positive return, this stop many Chiese from Investing in Australia as they generally lose their money by opening restaurant........

Some time back there was plan to open a Chinatown in Japan.

After the islands spat broke out, the plan was canceled and now the Chinese obviously look for other places to invest the money and increase their footprint :lol:

Way to go, China:cheers:.. Good for China and Australia friendship. Now China is catching up with India in extending their soft power beyond their shores.

I hope this is for the average Australians, I just don't see the point of the Chinese folks coming all the way to see a little Chinatown.

Of course it is, it's more of a cultural thing. There's one in Los Angeles, along with a Korean town, Little India and Japan town. There are a few Chinatowns in India as well, especially in Kolkata.

Back
Top Bottom