What's new

Deobandis, Wahhabis to join Qadri protests

ANG

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
Hi, I read these articles and just have to shake my head in disgust. How weak is the state of Pakistan? Can they simply not round these "neanderthals" up and get rid or them and make them disappear?

Deobandis, Wahhabis to join Qadri protests – The Express Tribune

By Rana Tanveer
Published: October 6, 2011
Following religious groups, political parties also express support for Qadri. PHOTO: REUTERS
LAHORE:

Deobandi and Ahl-i-Hadith (Wahhabi) parties have jumped on the blasphemy bandwagon, with 40 religious parties resolving to start a countrywide protest movement against the death sentence handed to Mumtaz Qadri, assassin of Punjab governor Salmaan Taseer, at an “all parties conference” on Wednesday.

Barelvi parties such as the Sunni Tehreek and Jamiat Ahl-i-Sunnat had been protesting against the anti-terrorism court’s verdict since it was announced on October 1.

On Wednesday, more than 40 parties including representatives of Deobandi groups Jamaat-i-Islami, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (Fazl and Sami groups), Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatam-i-Nabuwat, Tanzeem-i-Islami, Tehreek-i-Islami, Ittehadul Ulema Pakistan and Jamia Ashrafia – as well as Wahhabi groups Jamaatud Dawa, Tehreek Hurmat-i-Rasool, and Muttahida Jamiat Ahl-i-Hadith – met to discuss a coordinated response to the sentence. Tehreek Namoos-i-Risalat and Tanzimul Madaris, both Barelvi groups, also attended.

The speakers criticised the court’s decision to sentence Qadri to death as against Islamic injunctions and the ideology of Pakistan.

JI Ameer Syed Munawwar Hassan said that the court’s verdict reflected an “unfortunate secularist atmosphere” in Pakistan. He urged the participants to unite against the judgement. He said there would be protests all over the country on Friday.

Tahaffuz Namoos-i-Risalat Mahaz, an alliance of Sunni Barelvi parties, has already called a strike on Friday.

Jamaatud Dawa Ameer Hafiz Saeed said the court’s decision was part of “the conspiracy against Islam” and an attack on Pakistan’s ideology. He said Muslims should stand up and tell the world that they are ready to die but not ready to allow blasphemy. He said all Muslims felt just like Mumtaz Hussain Qadri about the issue.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 6th, 2011.

all are bloody religious extremists idiots let them bark and hang this bastard .bloody maroons support a kill on street then cry on blasts in mosques .

Hi, I read these articles and just have to shake my head in disgust. How weak is the state of Pakistan? Can they simply not round these "neanderthals" up and get rid or them and make them disappear?

Deobandis, Wahhabis to join Qadri protests – The Express Tribune

By Rana Tanveer
Published: October 6, 2011
Following religious groups, political parties also express support for Qadri. PHOTO: REUTERS
LAHORE:

Deobandi and Ahl-i-Hadith (Wahhabi) parties have jumped on the blasphemy bandwagon, with 40 religious parties resolving to start a countrywide protest movement against the death sentence handed to Mumtaz Qadri, assassin of Punjab governor Salmaan Taseer, at an “all parties conference” on Wednesday.

Barelvi parties such as the Sunni Tehreek and Jamiat Ahl-i-Sunnat had been protesting against the anti-terrorism court’s verdict since it was announced on October 1.

On Wednesday, more than 40 parties including representatives of Deobandi groups Jamaat-i-Islami, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (Fazl and Sami groups), Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatam-i-Nabuwat, Tanzeem-i-Islami, Tehreek-i-Islami, Ittehadul Ulema Pakistan and Jamia Ashrafia – as well as Wahhabi groups Jamaatud Dawa, Tehreek Hurmat-i-Rasool, and Muttahida Jamiat Ahl-i-Hadith – met to discuss a coordinated response to the sentence. Tehreek Namoos-i-Risalat and Tanzimul Madaris, both Barelvi groups, also attended.

The speakers criticised the court’s decision to sentence Qadri to death as against Islamic injunctions and the ideology of Pakistan.

JI Ameer Syed Munawwar Hassan said that the court’s verdict reflected an “unfortunate secularist atmosphere” in Pakistan. He urged the participants to unite against the judgement. He said there would be protests all over the country on Friday.

Tahaffuz Namoos-i-Risalat Mahaz, an alliance of Sunni Barelvi parties, has already called a strike on Friday.

Jamaatud Dawa Ameer Hafiz Saeed said the court’s decision was part of “the conspiracy against Islam” and an attack on Pakistan’s ideology. He said Muslims should stand up and tell the world that they are ready to die but not ready to allow blasphemy. He said all Muslims felt just like Mumtaz Hussain Qadri about the issue.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 6th, 2011.

technically who is left ?

have they set a date for the protests yet?

by the way, Qadri must be enjoying every moment of it, he has won 72 virgins as well as being celebrity.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

technically who is left ?
you and me.

so are thy going to launch a mass street protest or no?

Political support is a different thing but if he gets the public support than it is a worrisome situation

i ask anyone of these religious parties to cross the border and go fight the "enemy of islam" the USA & NATO and i assure u nonof these fat mullahs would go! they just love sitting in their masjids getting fatter and talking nonsense!

i ask anyone of these religious parties to cross the border and go fight the "enemy of islam" the USA & NATO and i assure u nonof these fat mullahs would go! they just love sitting in their masjids getting fatter and talking nonsense!

and i am glad that they are not listenign to you, we dont want these guys over there, we have enogh of them already.

Welcome to Pakistan, our government didn't do anything. Pakistan must capture these emotional terrorists and all of them to jail, use hammers on their heads to speak straight and sense, it will help them grow up.

Logically 95% of Pakistanis.
You mean, this percent doesn't support these groups, correct ? I think more likely 65%.

Judge who sentenced him is on the run away.

if police use live ammo on them it will never hurt me even 0000.01%

at least they are joining on one platform now. good to see that.:)

Back
Top Bottom