What's new

Delhi Court to JNU: No Beef or Pork festivals

People like to eat and enjoy samoosas in Pakistan and by this verdict Pakistan HC ensured that people "CAN EAT" waht they like to eat.

despite 65 years of democracy and secularism why do you people quicly jumpt to solve such issues by force? what happened to the tollerance which comes with democracy? or is that democracy and secularism a big BS hoax.

Unless I have missed the point, I go by what I read . This is what I have read & it does not relate to what a person can eat , its to do with price which went to the Supreme Court

"However, the Supreme Court has set aside a notification of the Punjab government regulating the price of samosas. As reported in the media, in 2009 the Lahore local government had fixed the price of the crispy delight at Rs6 a samosa. The local government’s machinery took action against some shopkeepers found to be selling more expensive samosas. However, not satisfied with the price set for their product, the bakers and sweet-makers of the Punjab went to court. When the Lahore High Court turned down their petition, the bakers appealed to the Supreme Court."

The price hike is directly related to common man. whereas if a large portion eats beef or pork it doesnt affect the others.

the festivals were banned mainly due to Hindu majority views and not beacuse of any other reason.

In this case too your court has taken the decision owing to majority views otherwise go and hold a pork festival nobody will make fuss there even

So whats wrong in that ? Read thius

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...0YHwDw&usg=AFQjCNGJfVQc3rX9DB-mKj80lcTHwnERpg

The court has done right. In any case Universities are not places for food festivals, the intent was obviously to inflame.

So whats wrong in that ? Read thius

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...0YHwDw&usg=AFQjCNGJfVQc3rX9DB-mKj80lcTHwnERpg

The court has done right. In any case Universities are not places for food festivals, the intent was obviously to inflame.

lame excuse. Different student societies can hold festivals like these and there is NO such thing that universities are not places for food festivals.

Indian court took decision out of fear of Hindu majority blacklash nothing else.

India is the greatest hypocrisy to secularism.

Yes, pork should have been allowed to stir up some political shyte in a place of learning.

Actually policy wise I'm glad our courts are not as ''secular'' and ''objective'' and our universities not as smart as to host Zaid Hamid conventions like in the great nation of pakistan :)

India is the greatest hypocrisy to secularism.

While Pakistan remains the Garden of Eden with peace , harmony , tranquility prevailing.

It is a beacon of intra Muslim harmony and all thats supposed to be good about Islam ?

P.S. Never mind Jinnah & the minorities

While Pakistan remains the Garden of Eden with peace , harmony , tranquility prevailing.

It is a beacon of intra Muslim harmony and all thats supposed to be good about Islam ?

P.S. Never mind Jinnah & the minorities

Why you need facepalm to justify your actions based on Hinduism ?

Yes, pork should have been allowed to stir up some political shyte in a place of learning.

Its not pork its BEEF which is cause of political shyte in India.

Is there a comprehension issue somewhere ?

The ban is on both - Beef & Pork.

The Hindus eat Pork - still the festival has been banned as it might hurt the sensibilities of a certain community while Beef would hurt another.

It has applied to ALL.

Is there a comprehension issue somewhere ?

The ban is on both - Beef & Pork.

The Hindus eat Pork - still the festival has been banned as it might hurt the sensibilities of a certain community while Beef would hurt another.

It has applied to ALL.

Not at all NOT at all pork festival doesnt hurt Muslims. Muslims majority dont eat pork thats all. you eat it we have no issue with that.

Why dont you accept the reality that the festival is banned due to Beef and due to fear of anger from Majority Hindus and not due to pork.

trust me if it was only pork festival nobody would have any issue including your Indian court

Adding the connotation 'festival' to anything regarding food is a retarded idea in the first place, and the HC should have just passed a ruling telling the people to chill the f**k out.

Not at all NOT at all pork festival doesnt hurt Muslims. Muslims majority dont eat pork thats all. you eat it we have no issue with that.

Why dont you accept the reality that the festival is banned due to Beef and due to fear of anger from Majority Hindus and not due to pork.

trust me if it was only pork festival nobody would have any issue including your Indian court

I do not have to accept & deny anything as I do not have to win or lose a discussion.

The bottom line is that such ' festivals' have the potential to create avoidable disturbance hence need to be stopped.

In so doing, if it hurts sentiments so be it.

I do not have to accept & deny anything as I do not have to win or lose a discussion.

The bottom line is that such ' festivals' have the potential to create avoidable disturbance hence need to be stopped.
In so doing, if it hurts sentiments so be it.

Win or lose discussion doesnt matter as long as one is not acting like a hypocrit. While you are acting like one here because the statement in bold by you implies that you should take back your earlier statement viz a viz ban on youtube, social networking by Muslim countries wrg to recent blasphemous film.

Win or lose discussion doesnt matter as long as one is not acting like a hypocrit. While you are acting like one here because the statement in bold by you implies that you should take back your earlier statement viz a viz ban on youtube, social networking by Muslim countries wrg to recent blasphemous film.

Again..

The views on You Tube etc were my own.

Ref post No 8. It began in response to the surprise expressed by a poster on how Indian courts had time for such issues.

Thereafter I have only attempted to explain the possible background to this ruling - not my own opinion on this .

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom