What's new

Defexpo - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ SirLurkaLot
DSC00836.jpg

This image shows a company named Data Pattern not DRDO ASL

Does it looks like BAE SEP ???? Some one this thread also said that he/she will prefer SEP for Mahindra's FICV design becuase of SEP's modular design. (CV90 also has modular design, also SEP was the first design which was rejected in British FRES Program)

Does it looks like BAE SEP ???? Some one this thread also said that he/she will prefer SEP for Mahindra's FICV design becuase of SEP's modular design. (CV90 also has modular design, also SEP was the first design which was rejected in British FRES Program)

Yes buddy, that was my first thought as well, when I saw it in the background of the Marksman picture. But still not sure if it is the tracked SEP or if the CV 90 is the base for this. Btw, the CV 90 has no modular design, because every vehicle is for a fixed role, while the SEP can simply attache different mission modules to a baseline vehicle (6x6, 8x8 or tracked) to switch roles.

Does anybody has more pics or infos on Mahindras proposal and how will the wheeled look like?

SP0000_0600x0450x0072_000x000000_id555%40jpg.png

Rafael and Mahindra Will Work to Integrate Israeli Systems into the Indian Military’s Procurement Plans

A memorandum has already been signed between the parties during the DEFEXPO exhibition, and all that remains is the conclusion of the final details of the joint venture.

Rafael is increasing its activity in the Indian market: the company has signed a memorandum of understanding that will lead to the establishment of a joint venture with the Indian company Mahindra, which also deals in defense production. The memorandum of understanding was signed during DEFEXPO 2012, a large defense exhibition in India that concluded at the start of the week.

All the legal preparations for the establishment of the venture will be carried out in the coming weeks. The goal of the enterprise is to integrate as many of Rafael’s land and naval systems in the acquisition plans of the Indian military. This includes supplying protective systems and weapons posts for the FICV – the Indian military’s future armored vehicle – as well as supplying various forms of protection, including active protection systems such as Rafael’s ASPRO-A system for the Indian Arjun tank.

The Indian company will also carry out naval cooperation with Rafael, which will focus on the Protector Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV) developed by Rafael. According to Israeli sources, the joint venture may also increase the sale of Rafael’s SPIKE missiles in India, as well as the sale of the SPYDER air defense system...

Israel Defense | Rafael and Mahindra to Work Together

So:

- Amore
- Trophy
- SPIKE
- turrets / weapon stations
- PROTECTOR
- Spyder SAM

on the list with possible licence productions in India. The only weapons that I missed were Iron Dome and Python V, but still a pretty good list.

^^^ I always saw the "Protector" as an ideal weapon for India given its HUGE coastline and significant threats. Could be ideal for IN, ICG, Marine police, BSF and CISF (responsible for security of many maritime-bordering installations including nuke plants and private shipyards). There could be a market for 200+ easily if Rafael can market this properly and to the right people.

+ on the deal as a whole, this is an incredible opportunity for Indian armed forces and Indian defence industry as a whole, should be taken with both hands.

Though he makes fantasy stories I like PSG for his brochure collections. He is the best one to do the job at DEFEXPO 2012 with lots of pics of info brochures. Thanks.

Did anyone got the pics of RF jammer shells for artillery built by ECIL and the MMW IFF for Arjun from DRDO, these two are super cool staffs.

According to him PDV test postponed since 2010 because DRDO developing a dual terminal seeker for PDV instead of single seeker configuration used in earlier missiles. PDV will become the first Indian missile with dual seeker (active radar homing and IIR) if it is true.

Here is the X-band ARH for PAD....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TLf6zifdyqM/T3tKD0-OHWI/AAAAAAAABIo/ctDhDgxhDH0/s1600/DSC01814.JPG

Though he makes fantasy stories I like PSG for his brochure collections. He is the best one to do the job at DEFEXPO 2012 with lots of pics of info brochures. Thanks.

Did anyone got the pics of RF jammer shells for artillery built by ECIL and the MMW IFF for Arjun from DRDO, these two are super cool staffs.

According to him PDV test postponed since 2010 because DRDO developing a dual terminal seeker for PDV instead of single seeker configuration used in earlier missiles. PDV will become the first Indian missile with dual seeker (active radar homing and IIR) if it is true.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TLf6zifdyqM/T3tKD0-OHWI/AAAAAAAABIo/ctDhDgxhDH0/s1600/DSC01814.JPG

I visited his blog today

I asked question to you in visitor message.

TBF to PSG he is generally right. He does though have the tendency to get incredibly arrogant and dismissive and I know for a fact he has put out false information in the past, especially when it comes to answering Qs from visitors.

I visited his blog today

I asked question to you in visitor message.
Replied bro.

TBF to PSG he is generally right. He does though have the tendency to get incredibly arrogant and dismissive and I know for a fact he has put out false information in the past, especially when it comes to answering Qs from visitors.

Actually the main problem with him he comes to conclusion just from the brochures. But there are some more info like he did with Prahaar and many times earlier.

Anyone have more pics of the barracuda SSN displayed in the expo????
If Mr. Soongupta is to believed the navy is more interested in nine of these than in in the P75I for SSKs.
If true why not just go for Akula???

One reason could be, that we haven't developed such big nuclear propulsions to power bigger subs like Akula class, while the Baracuda class is a smaller SSN and the French are selling Brazil a hull of a Scorpene (some sources say Baracuda) class sub, while they will develop their own nuclear proplulsion. I had thought about a nuclear propelled Scorpene earlier too, especially about the first 3 that we get and that will have no AIP, but there is no hint for this.

Hexapod & Snake Robots

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ I always saw the "Protector" as an ideal weapon for India given its HUGE coastline and significant threats. Could be ideal for IN, ICG, Marine police, BSF and CISF (responsible for security of many maritime-bordering installations including nuke plants and private shipyards). There could be a market for 200+ easily if Rafael can market this properly and to the right people.
Protector is meant for smaller coastline. India has a very large coastline we will need thousands of Protector if we really wanna guard the coastline. It will be better if we use HALE or MALE UAVs for this purpose, they can cover longer areas in less time and you can see more from the sky than from the land or the sea.

If you wanna monitor large areas then whether its land or sea, use aircrafts or UAVs.

I would say if India wanna keep taps on its coastline the best solution will be, purchase a couple thousands of Da42 MPP...

DA42MPP_LS15_01.jpg

AIR_Diamond_DA42_MPP_lg.jpg

Its cheaper and better solution for INCG (Aircraft cost = 600,000$ + radar + FLIR Systems). Alongwith this purchase a couple hundred of these...

EV-55 Outback

1871.jpg

2.5-3 million $ aircraft cost and add avionics and radar of 1 million $ to convert it into Maritime version. Dronier costs around 7-9 million $ + its an old model and needs upgrade which will add a couple million more.

Protector is meant for smaller coastline.

AFAIK it's not meant to patrol coastlines at all, but mainly for the security of ports and harbors. So for security reason to protect IN vessels, or docks where IN vessels will be build it might be a good addition, but for sure not to protect costlines with the limited range. Unmanned aircrafts or helicopter should be more useful here.

AFAIK it's not meant to patrol coastlines at all, but mainly for the security of ports and harbors. So for security reason to protect IN vessels, or docks where IN vessels will be build it might be a good addition, but for sure not to protect costlines with the limited range. Unmanned aircrafts or helicopter should be more useful here.

That's what I was getting at, smaller strategic locations could benefit by the Protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom