What's new

Defending Lanka in the world today

^^
It is learnt that the agents demanded `2 lakh to `4 lakh for transporting them to Australia...

is this anything new ?
you go to punjab and almost in every street you will have such agents...

KOCHI: The five Sri Lankan Tamils and four Keralites who were arrested on Monday for cheating 34 Sri Lankans at refugee camps in Tamil Nadu are suspected to have had LTTE links. The officials have sought the assistance of Tamil Nadu Q branch in this regard.
Ernakulam Rural SP Harshita Attaluri told ‘Express’ that nine persons, including the agents are suspected to have some connections with the LTTE in the past.”� “The arrested were quizzed in Kalamassery police camp. We keep them under the suspicion and nothing can be confirmed unless the Tamil Nadu Q branch personnel interrogate them. The Q branch officials will arrive here by tonight or tomorrow early morning. The rescued Lankans will be sent back to their respective camps,” Harshitha Attaluri said.
The Crime Branch and intelligence officials said that most of the refugees admitted that they are not happy with the circumstances in the refugee camps and want to get out from there.
�It is learnt that the agents demanded `2 lakh to `4 lakh for transporting them to Australia.
Two More Held
The police arrested two more persons in connection with the case on Tuesday.
The arrested were identified as Antony, 31, a native of Kulachil, Tamil Nadu, and Sareesh, 30, of Kothamangalam. These persons were taken into custody from Kothamangalam.
The police had arrested nine persons - Nathan, Guru, David, Madanan and Selvan of Sri Lanka and Kuriakose, Geo, Shibu and Bibesh of Kothamangalam on Monday.

The police also seized a ferry ‘Varnimol’ from Munambam in which the agents promised to take them to Australia.
The arrested people will be presented before the Kothamangalam Judicial Magistrate.

Arrested Lankans had LTTE links - southindia - Kerala - ibnlive

"suspected"..you know the meaning of that word..?

btw there is is no surprise if tigers had support in tn after what you did in the war....

"suspected"..you know the meaning of that word..?

btw there is is no surprise if tigers had support in tn after what you did in the war....

yep, I know!
This is not new, if you google you'll see it. Even in some of PDF threads.

no need to go anywhere....i now think the tigers were needed to keep you lankans in check....

As much as i dont support terrorism(justified or not)..i understand the reason for R&AW's support to LTTE during early days..
During the beginning of the Tamil crisis in Srilanka..India was for peaceful solution to the issue..but Srilanka in all their infinite wisdom thought of teaching India a lesson by inviting USA in our backyard..Instead it backfired horribly..India started supporting LTTE..and look what happened ..we are back to square one..USA could not come to our backyard..India is still asking for peaceful solution and Srilanka has suffered for 3 decades..But the saddest part is Srilanka has still not learnt lesson..now they are trying to play China against India..wonder what India will do now..:coffee:

As much as i dont support terrorism(justified or not)..i understand the reason for R&AW's support to LTTE during early days..
During the beginning of the Tamil crisis in Srilanka..India was for peaceful solution to the issue..but Srilanka in all their infinite wisdom thought of teaching India a lesson by inviting USA in our backyard..Instead it backfired horribly..India started supporting LTTE..and look what happened ..we are back to square one..USA could not come to our backyard..India is still asking for peaceful solution and Srilanka has suffered for 3 decades..But the saddest part is Srilanka has still not learnt lesson..now they are trying to play China against India..wonder what India will do now..:coffee:

btw, what kind of solution SL must go for?

A just one which gives equal rights to Tamils as Sinhalese and create an environment which protects Tamil's culture, religion and language..

And do not host any Chinese armed forces/spies in ur country..that will be enough for India:cheers:

A just one which gives equal rights to Tamils as Sinhalese and create an environment which protects Tamil's culture, religion and language..

And do not host any Chinese armed forces/spies in ur country..that will be enough for India:cheers:

I have answered many times about this equal rights question. In our Constitution all have similar rights. Take our presidential candidates list, check how many minority people are there. This is highest right anyone can get in any country.
Not only Tamil culture, we do have separate departments for Muslims/moors.

Department of Hindu Religious and Cultural Affairs
:: Department of Hindu Religious & Cultural Affairs

Department of Muslim Religious & Cultural Affairs
MRCA

Sri Lankans won't accept any Chinese military base in SL except air force base China Bay in Trinco which is already in here. ;)

Sri Lankans won't accept any Chinese military base in SL except air force base China Bay in Trinco which is already in here. ;)

Then we have to deploy 1 regiment of Brahmos-III Block. :agree:
Also, 2 squadron of Tejas next year coming soon to check any misadventure.

Then we have to deploy 1 regiment of Brahmos-III Block. :agree:
Also, 2 squadron of Tejas next year coming soon to check any misadventure.

SLAF China Bay is a Sri Lanka Air Force base located at China Bay, Trincomalee. The airbase is situated close to the coast and has a long runway which is believed to be able to handle most modern aircraft.

current lankan govt like to ride on their success on ltte as long as posible , to do so they has choosen a path to go anti-india in the wake to keep remind their people about ltte...
like pakistan is stuck in 1947 , to me no surprise that lankan politics will get stuck in ltte era..
to my view the only solution is to look beyond ltte , otherwise pakistan is your best friend to lead you to the distiny that they has choosen for themself..

SLAF China Bay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's just the name. :)

SLAF China Bay (IATA: TRR, ICAO: VCCT) is a Sri Lanka Air Force base located at China Bay, Trincomalee. The airbase is situated close to the coast and has a long runway which is believed to be able to handle most modern aircraft. Established by the British as RAF China Bay in the 1920s, the base was attacked by the Japanese during World War II.

During the time the Indian Peace Keeping Force was in Sri Lanka, China Bay Airport had to operate a number of Indian aircraft including IL-76s.

Back
Top Bottom