What's new

Defence spending under threat

Better Target subsidies. If done in a correct manner they may succeed in reducing GDP deficient by a good 2%. But given the election season looming on horizon, they are obviously targeting soft targets like Defence, A-energy etc, where there will no no public outrage as against Fuel price hike.

The goal is to reduce the deficit to 5.3%?

They should lower it further. Even the EU mandates that member nations should not go over a 3% deficit. (Though most EU nations are well beyond this limit.)

Defence spending should NOT be cut though. They should just cut the politically motivated welfare schemes instead.

It was pretty lower in % rate few years ago but due to government expenses on show off things sent our path right into drain.

@Chinese-Dragon
This event happened in a village in Varanasi(sacred place for 4-5 Religion), my native place.
I will give example of my village. Government sent the money in April month for permanent fixed expenses under NAREGA Scheme with no audit at all. Now money was spent on making road of mud, so-that government could show that they provided jobs as well as infrastructure. But here comes the problem, Rain came in end of June. Road came to original shape due to heavy rain. After Rain government again passed the same road with more money to make same type of road so that it could show the jobs generated data. Now tell me CD what will you call it. I am fed of this government literally. They give horrible logic to make things look great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom