What's new

Defence minister Vecdi Gonul reveals some finishing projects

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Süper silahlar geliyor - AK?AM - Türkiyenin Haber Sitesi - Son Dakika Haberleri - Güncel haberler

Defence minister Vecdi Gonul informed the cabinet ministers on some projects which have reached prototype phase.

1) Bunker buster bomb (deployable on F4-2020)
2) Mehmetcik-1 7.62mm infantry riffle
3) 155mm LRAP ammunition to give Firtina and Panter howitzers a reach above 40km

Projects in research phase:
- Chaff launcher for tank (altay)
- insensitive explosives (explosives that only can be detonated with the right fuse)
- 35mm fused ammunition (AHEAD clone)
- Multifunctional detonation heads
- 155mm smart ammunition

I really want to see these two prototypes !! And one question sir, why will we use Bunker buster bombs only on f4's?? The reason is f16's codes that we dont have ??

I really want to see these two prototypes !! And one question sir, why will we use Bunker buster bombs only on f4's?? The reason is f16's codes that we dont have ??

It has to be taken permission to integrate a new weapon system on aircrafts developed by USA. USA keeps this right live on agreements but The fully management rights of F-4's are belong to Turkey now a days but I can not say same thing for F-16's. If USA do not want, We can not change anything on them unfortunately...

but Different than CCIP modernization, More than 30 F-16 Block-30's would be modernizated by Turkish egineers and It is on schedule to develop a new mission computer called "Ozgur" for F-16's.

Last edited:
3) 155mm LRAP ammunition to give Firtina and Panter howitzers a reach above 40km

The name of this program is MKE Mod 274;

Munition: MKEK
Fuze: Roketsan
Firing Table: Tubitak SAGE

In 25 September 2006, At first trials of this munition in Konya/Karapinar, It has reached a range around 43750m. I do not know the current range of it after final improvements/developments.

British L129A1

Caliber(s): 7.62mm NATO (.308Win)
Operation: gas operated semi-automatic
Barrel: 406 mm / 16"
Weight: 4,5 kg
Length: 900 - 990 mm
Feed Mechanism: 20 rounds detachable box magazine

l129a1_lmt.jpg

German HK-417

Caliber: 7,62x51mm NATO
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Overall length: 905 - 985 mm with 406 mm barrel / 35.6" - 38.8" with 16" barrel
Barrel length: 305 mm / 12", 406 mm / 16" or 508 mm / 20"
Weight: 4.36 kg - 4.96 kg, depending on barrel length
Rate of fire: 600 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 10 or 20 rounds

HK417_20_rechts.jpg

USA M-4 Colt

Caliber: 5.56mm NATO
Overall length: 838 mm (stock extended); 757 mm (stock fully collapsed)
Barrel length: 370 mm
Weight: 2.52 kg without magazine; 3.0 kg with magazine loaded with 30 rounds
Rate of fire: 700 - 950 rounds per minute
Maximum effective range: 360 m

image002.jpg

Turkish MPT

Overall length: 915mm mm with 410 mm barrel
Barrel length: 410 mm
Weight: 4,1 kg - 4.3 kg
Magazine capacity: 20 rounds

yi-20110318-kirikkale-58-mkek.jpg

The name of this program is MKE Mod 274;

Munition: MKEK
Fuze: Roketsan
Firing Table: Tubitak SAGE

In 25 September 2006, At first trials of this munition in Konya/Karapinar, It has reached a range around 43750m. I do not know the current range of it after final improvements/developments.

13316580058-orig.png

Bro any details on this? specifically the range. I would love to find out if these will be what causes the next paranoia induced Greek heart attack :cheers:

It has to be taken permission to integrate a new weapon system on aircrafts developed by USA. USA keeps this right live on agreements but The fully management rights of F-4's are belong to Turkey now a days but I can not say same thing for F-16's. If USA do not want, We can not change anything on them unfortunately...

but Different than CCIP modernization, More than 30 F-16 Block-30's would be modernizated by Turkish egineers and It is on schedule to develop a new mission computer called "Ozgur" for F-16's.
We gave a crap about those rights when it came to make out F-16 nuke capable..and Im sure Turkey can do the same..F-4 is pretty much outdated already.

We gave a crap about those rights when it came to make out F-16 nuke capable..and Im sure Turkey can do the same..F-4 is pretty much outdated already.

Actually, Most of Turkish F-4's have been upgraded to keep them into service until 2020's. The Simsek and Isik modernizations have been applied to many F-4's which remains out of terminator upgrades Israel applied for bomber missions. Besides, The F-4's, modernized with Turkish subsystems would use AselPod targeting pods and Turkish domestic AG guided bombs such as HGK-1/2/3, KGK, SOM, NEB and MDM cruise missiles.

A picture from Aselsan Simsek program deliveries...
attachment.php

A picture from Aselsan/Mikes Light/ISIK modernization...
RF-4E1low.jpg

A picture from F-4E 2020 with Popeye Stand-off munition
2vkbz9c.jpg

Bro any details on this? specifically the range. I would love to find out if these will be what causes the next paranoia induced Greek heart attack :cheers:

Bro, I do not have any more info. I just know that Development of it has been finished and The Bomb is ready for serial production. It would be free fall and has a special head (Most probably Tungsten carbide) to penetrate the refugees before explosion...

Turkish MPT

Overall length: 915mm mm with 410 mm barrel
Barrel length: 410 mm
Weight: 4,1 kg - 4.3 kg
Magazine capacity: 20 rounds

yi-20110318-kirikkale-56-mkek.jpg

Azerbaijan, Turkey sign two defense cooperation deals

According to the first agreement signed by Jamalov and Gönul, Azerbaijan will participate in the project of joint production of 105-mm gun and MODERN infantry rifle in the Turkish enterprises.

The second agreement was signed between the Turkey’s Machine and Chemical Industry Organization (MKEK) and Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry. The agreement considers joint production of 120-mm mortar launcher drafted by MKEK.

Azerbaycan%20ve%20Turkiye%20arasinda%20herbi%20sahede%20emekdashliga%20dair%20muqavile%20imzalanmasi%20110511-1.jpg

APA - Azerbaijan, Turkey sign two defense cooperation deals

AZerbaijan is new official partner of new 7.62mm Turkish infantry rifle... After development period, Azerbaijan will also produce Kale-MKEK MPT as standart infantry rifle of Azerbaijani army in near future...

Cabatli, do you know if the army want the m-1 rifle in large numbers for all troops or just a small part of it?

Cabatli, do you know if the army want the m-1 rifle in large numbers for all troops or just a small part of it?

If you implied MPT 7.62mm seen above with "M-1" project, The serial production will be started with a number of 191.471 infantry rifle for Turkish army...

Back
Top Bottom